Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do purchased PQMs count toward RPUs & GPUs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

I just recently mileage accelerator, and brought myself over the 75,000 threshold. Should I have earned two more RPUs, or is that only for BIS miles? Just curious.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: United Gold
As long as you bought PQMs and not just RDMs then yes they do count towards earning RPUs and GPUs.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Mats
I just recently mileage accelerator, and brought myself over the 75,000 threshold. Should I have earned two more RPUs, or is that only for BIS miles? Just curious.
Similarly, is PQM earned through Star Alliance flights counted toward the 75,000 mile threadhold for 2xRPU or does it require BIS as in the past to qualify for the RPU?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
Similarly, is PQM earned through Star Alliance flights counted toward the 75,000 mile threadhold for 2xRPU or does it require BIS as in the past to qualify for the RPU?
PQM from *A flights count for the elite threshold as well as RPUs and GPUs. The only thing that it doesn't count for are lifetime miles.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by edcho
PQM from *A flights count for the elite threshold as well as RPUs and GPUs. The only thing that it doesn't count for are lifetime miles.
Great! Thanks for the confirmation
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
But don't forget you need at least 4 UA metal segments to get / keep status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.