Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using multiple mileage accounts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Using multiple mileage accounts

Without having to pay to transfer miles, is it possible to make 1 reservation using miles from both my account and my fiancee's account? We do live together, but don't have the same last name (yet). I have the overwhelming majority of the miles, but not quite enough for both round trips.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
No, but if you have enough for her to book a one-way, and you could book the rest, that might work.

You'd have to calculate it out.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pincus99
Without having to pay to transfer miles, is it possible to make 1 reservation using miles from both my account and my fiancee's account? We do live together, but don't have the same last name (yet). I have the overwhelming majority of the miles, but not quite enough for both round trips.
Unless things have changed, and I doubt it, all miles must come from 1 account. Can't use miles from different accounts. Would have to transfer miles.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
No. You can split a round trip ticket into two one way tickets, and pay separately from the accounts. But you cannot use both accounts to pay for a single ticket.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Then it looks like our only options are either a) wait for me to have more or b) have me book one way for both of us and return for myself, then transfer our ultimate rewards points to her united account and have her book the return for herself.

Would we run into some sort of issue being on a separate reservation? Only I have status, but if we're in business class, we don't really need to worry about an upgrade.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Then it looks like our only options are either a) wait for me to have more or b) have me book one way for both of us and return for myself, then transfer our ultimate rewards points to her united account and have her book the return for herself.

Would we run into some sort of issue being on a separate reservation? Only I have status, but if we're in business class, we don't really need to worry about an upgrade.
That would be the best option.
And no, separate reservation is not an issue and since you're in business class you will get premier access, priority check in, security, lounge access (if intl flight), and priority boarding.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Shouldn't be an issue.

Only if there are IRROPS and the computer auto-rebooks you, there is no guarantee you'd stay together. But you can work that out with an agent or over the phone.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
You might also look at a credit card with signup bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.