Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

KVS availablity not showing correct for R space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

Weird I'm getting different data between KVS/.bomb/UA 1k line.

Example July 6th BAH-IAD KVS says R9, .bomb says R0, UA 1k says R0

I'm trying to plan a trip with guarenteed R space and it isn't easy. KVS has been accurate for me in the past. Anyone else?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
It is R9 on United.com (search that flight ONLY). If one of your flights on a multi-flight itinerary is R0, they will all show R0 (e.g., search BAH-IAH and choose the UA762 connection). KVS behaves the same way, because it essentially pings United.com using your credentials, as I understand it. By the way, maybe the 1K line needs some schoolin' on this...

Last edited by Bonehead; Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
And if you specifically ask the person on the 1k line to look at the segments 1 by 1, they will be able to confirm the R>0 segments immediately, though as Bonehead states, some on the phones will not know that without walking them through it...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by paulyras
And if you specifically ask the person on the 1k line to look at the segments 1 by 1, they will be able to confirm the R>0 segments immediately, though as Bonehead states, some on the phones will not know that without walking them through it...
If booked as a direct flight, both segments need to show availability before they can clear. So if one segment as availability and the other does not, no joy.
The standard answer has been to split the segments but they have been some recent reports of refusals. So the first step is to ask the flights to be split into two segments, if that works, it then is easy to clear the segment with availability.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
KVS tool (Has UA blocked it the same way they did with EF?)

I just signed up for KVS tool and am using the mobile companion. The KVS home page says you can see UA R inventory, but I'm not seeing that.

Has UA blocked it the same way they did with EF? If so, KVS should have told me that before I signed up. If not, why can't I see it on the mobile companion?

I don't recall any mention of this on the recent EF thread.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 1, 2013 at 7:16 am Reason: uber-vague thread title
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by dulcamara
I just signed up for KVS tool and am using the mobile companion. The KVS home page says you can see UA R inventory, but I'm not seeing that.

Has UA blocked it the same way they did with EF? If so, KVS should have told me that before I signed up. If not, why can't I see it on the mobile companion?

I don't recall any mention of this on the recent EF thread.
I have not heard about UA blocking KVS.

Is it possible the flight you're looking at simply has no R space?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:35 am

Unfortunately the KVS mobile tool does not offer access to award and upgrade space -- this is the normal behavior. You have to use the "full" laptop/desktop version for that function.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
KVS desktop/laptop windows app is working normally and shows upgrade/award inventory -- no blocking there.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Mobile Companion is a screen-scraper, not a direct query from your computer. Because of that not all the same resources are available. No idea if they've been actually blocked or just aren't scraping that data, but the information available in the mobile version is different from the regular client in many regards.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
The Mobile Companion is a screen-scraper, not a direct query from your computer. Because of that not all the same resources are available. No idea if they've been actually blocked or just aren't scraping that data, but the information available in the mobile version is different from the regular client in many regards.
Thanks everyone. I suppose it’s time to do the full install on my MAC.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks everyone. I suppose it’s time to do the full install on my MAC.
Which, of course, means Parallels or some other Windows emulator.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Which, of course, means Parallels or some other Windows emulator.
Indeed. I am using crossover, as recommended by KVS. I'm running Maverics and v9 of crossover wouldn't load. v12 did, but when I tried to find upgrade inventory after entering my ANA information, I got an error message saying something about a bug in WINE/Crossover.

Are any MAC users able to get KVS to work under Maverics?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:22 pm

.... Are any MAC users able to get KVS to work under Maverics?
might get better in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lity-tool.html or contacting KVS directly.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:30 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

I just signed up for KVS tool and am using the mobile companion.
Welcome to the KVS Tool!

The KVS home page says you can see UA R inventory, but I'm not seeing that.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
KVS desktop/laptop windows app is working normally and shows upgrade/award inventory -- no blocking there.
Indeed -- please see also http://Help.KVSTool.com/#UA

Are any MAC users able to get KVS to work under Maverics?
Please see our reply in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post21884988 Thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.