Go Back   > > >

Old Mar 22, 13, 2:15 pm   #1
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Close-in award travel change fee waived with Chase Club card?

I know that close-in award booking fees are waived for Club card holders, but I seem to be finding conflicting information about whether or not the fee is waived for changing an award ticket within 21 days of travel. If I try to change the dates on ual.com within 21 days, it wants to charge me a change fee so I'm wondering if calling is the better option. This website implies that close-in award change fees are waived ("What this means is that you avoid having to pay a fee for changes to award tickets within 21 days of departure."):

http://inacents.com/2012/04/05/chase...ails-released/
PDXPremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 13, 2:20 pm   #2

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I know that close-in award booking fees are waived for Club card holders, but I seem to be finding conflicting information about whether or not the fee is waived for changing an award ticket within 21 days of travel. If I try to change the dates on ual.com within 21 days, it wants to charge me a change fee so I'm wondering if calling is the better option. This website implies that close-in award change fees are waived ("What this means is that you avoid having to pay a fee for changes to award tickets within 21 days of departure."):

http://inacents.com/2012/04/05/chase...ails-released/
Yes there should be no close in fees if you have a Club card.. I would call.
SEA1K4EVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 13, 5:56 pm   #3

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
The benefits state "booking fee" Does that mean only when booking a new itinerary, and therefore would not include changing an itinerary or redepositing miles? There is nothing about "change fees"
gusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 13, 8:08 pm   #4
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusd View Post
The benefits state "booking fee" Does that mean only when booking a new itinerary, and therefore would not include changing an itinerary or redepositing miles? There is nothing about "change fees"
Correct.

Quote:
I know that close-in award booking fees are waived for Club card holders, but I seem to be finding conflicting information about whether or not the fee is waived for changing an award ticket within 21 days of travel.
It is not.

Quote:
This website implies that close-in award change fees are waived ("What this means is that you avoid having to pay a fee for changes to award tickets within 21 days of departure."):
I do not believe that statement is accurate.
sbm12 is offline   Reply With Quote