Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Aircraft registration / tail number for past UA / CO flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Resources

Historical flight info
www.flightstats.com
www.flightaware.com

US DOT information of domestic flights --
BTS - departures
Narrow search to the desired day and departure airport --

smb12's simplified interface to the BTS tail number data

FT Travel Tools forum - Historical Flight Data (Merged threads)

United Fleet Tracking -- provides a cross-reference of present equipment and tail numbers
Print Wikipost

Aircraft registration / tail number for past UA / CO flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@runner450, if you're still taking obscure requests and still have access to data, I'm curious whether you might have the registrations of the aircraft that operated the following flights. I've not managed to track these down anywhere (BTS, FlightStats, FlightAware, Acarsd.org, various other sources).
  • 2014-02-21 DEN-ABQ UA3856 (op by YX) DH4
  • 2008-06-18 ORD-YYC UA5821 (op by OO) CR7
  • 2004-06-07 SFO-YYC UA810 733
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@runner450, if you're still taking obscure requests and still have access to data, I'm curious whether you might have the registrations of the aircraft that operated the following flights. I've not managed to track these down anywhere (BTS, FlightStats, FlightAware, Acarsd.org, various other sources).
  • 2014-02-21 DEN-ABQ UA3856 (op by YX) DH4
  • 2008-06-18 ORD-YYC UA5821 (op by OO) CR7
  • 2004-06-07 SFO-YYC UA810 733
Have you tried over in Travel Tools? Historical Flight Data [delays, cancellations, etc., consolidated thread]

David
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:21 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
I've exhausted the sources in that thread.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Old flight tail number lookup

Cheers!

I know I can look up aircraft registration numbers for flights on FlightAware, FR24, and domestic flights going back years with BTS Detailed Statistics Arrivals (bts.gov). But my FR24 subscription is only at a Silver level so I can only go back 90 days, and my query involves an international flight.

Can somebody with a FlightAware subscription or Gold FR24 do me a favor and look up the registration number for UA 961 FRA-EWR on 29 Mar '22? All I know about it is that it was on a 78X, and there was just over a handful of those flying back in March. Or is there some other site or hack that I could try to figure it out myself?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
N12003 from Flightradar24. That aircraft is on its way to NRT now.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
VRFast, that was very fast! Thanks!
WVmike and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Premier Gold, Pan Am WorldPass (disc.), Hertz Gold, IHC Gold Elite, Marriott Plat. Elite
Historical Flight Details

Let me preface my post by saying that i realize this may not be the best location for my question. Moderator(s), please feel free to move it if appropriate.

I am looking for a free, searchable online database with flight details (airline, aircraft type, flight number, tail number, departure and arrival times, destination and arrival airports), on both domestic and international flights, dating back to the early 1980's.

i currently use both Flight Stats (requires a subscription, only goes back to 2006) and AviationDB (which is free, but only covers domestic USA flights).

If anyone knows of another site with these parameters, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:09 am

Programs: UA
Have you looked through Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc. and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...NCCzXAts4/edit ?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Yesterday, 3:03 pm

Historical CO Flight info (tail numbers)

Hopefully this isn't posted in the wrong forum, but is it possible to find out tail numbers of an International flight from 2010? CO1638 and 1643 EWR-TNCA. 8/23/2010 and 9/3/2010. Both flew on 753s.
Old Yesterday, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Flighty generally has data back to 2005.
Old Yesterday, 3:38 pm

Just checked on there, came up with no flight info found. Hm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.