Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat

Hello!

I know we have a consolidated thread for Int'l cancellations, but is there any way to find out more about what happened to UA 387 today?

It returned to gate and was cancelled.

I don't care particularly about that individual flight, but about the aircraft, since it's listed as the one to be used for my UA 316 (EWR-TPA) tonight. I checked unitedcargo and all it says for reason is "OPERATIONS". That doesn't tell me squat!

With some lousy weather moving in to EWR, just curious if I'm looking at a broken plane as well.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:54 am
Suspended

Why would this belong in Intl CX, the plane in question flew PBI-EWR last night , then was supose to go to LAX and back to EWR and it seems then down to TPA (your flight)

Since your flight isnt CXed 1 of 2 things will happen, they will repair the plane in time to fly to TPA or they will pull another plane from the stable and use that 1. The only question is if they sub in another plane will it be a 757

btw the plane pulled wasnt a PMCO 752, so I guess they are now using PMUA 757s EWR-LAX
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Expertflyer flight status has a little bit of flifo but provides little extra information except that the flight was cancelled due to "aircraft servicing", and also that it originally expected some wx delays, and also the fascinating tidbit that pax have been reprotected on extra section UA1755 EWR-LAX, a 767-200 departing at 2:30 p.m.:

0387/18MAR
N EWR/LX AIRCRAFT SERVICING
N LAX/LX AIRCRAFT SERVICING
D CRC/EWR...POSSIBLE DELAYS DUE TO SNOW/MIST/RAIN/CLOUDS/VISIBIL
ITY
D FCF/PROTECTION ON EXTRA SECTION F1755/18MAR
D HDQ/EWR LAX PROT UNDER GG CN3 Y44

SKED EWR ORIG 638A GTD C95 SHIP 5436
LAX 951A TERM GTA 73
No way to tell whether this aircraft (ship 5436) is okay; you'll just have to see whether they eventually post a cancellation for your flight. If the UA ops group is doing their job you should be fine.

BTW, check out the seat map for that extra section! F is nearly empty, and the upgrade list ( https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...eing%20767-200 )has
Capacity : -
Booked : -
Checked In : -
Wacky.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! The 762 isn't a bad ride to lax - I'd take it over the pmUA 752. Not as nice as the reconfig 763, but still not bad.

Still curious what 316 is going to look like tonight. The weather could make a mess, and if it's more than 2-3 hours of delay or so, I'll cancel and try again another day. No point since my meeting is at 8am in TPA.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mherdeg
BTW, check out the seat map for that extra section!
Weirdly, it went out with one empty seat in F and quite empty in coach. https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...ghtNumber=1755

I guess not everyone flying EWR-LAX on today's 3:10 p.m. departure knew they could show up half an hour earlier and get a basically guaranteed upgrade or an entire row to themselves on a widebody.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Weirdly, it went out with one empty seat in F and quite empty in coach. https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...ghtNumber=1755

I guess not everyone flying EWR-LAX on today's 3:10 p.m. departure knew they could show up half an hour earlier and get a basically guaranteed upgrade or an entire row to themselves on a widebody.
Major bonus if you were on that flight ... Almost makes up for the delay!

For those of you playing along at home (probably just me) - UA 316 is showing an hour+ delay due to 'aircraft servicing' but no longer ship 5436 - now it'll be 5685 inbound from SAN ...

I wonder if that 1 hr 'aircraft servicing' delay is because 5436 is now out of service altogether or if 5685 needs something ...

Either way, going to be a late night. I wouldn't be surprised at another delay for WX.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
- UA 316 is showing an hour+ delay due to 'aircraft servicing' but no longer ship 5436 - now it'll be 5685 inbound from SAN ...

I wonder if that 1 hr 'aircraft servicing' delay is because 5436 is now out of service altogether or if 5685 needs something ...

Either way, going to be a late night. I wouldn't be surprised at another delay for WX.

Flight 991 from SAN lands @ 9:14pm looks like they think they only need 26 mins to turn it around and out to TPA. I say from past experiences they wont beable to get everyone off , clean it and service it within 26 mins.Thats w/o taking the weather into acct. At best I think a 10pm departure from the Gate at best

Update its sleeting outside = the palne will need to be Deiced so who knows when wheels up will be

Last edited by craz; Mar 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Flight 991 from SAN lands @ 9:14pm looks like they think they only need 26 mins to turn it around and out to TPA. I say from past experiences they wont beable to get everyone off , clean it and service it within 26 mins.Thats w/o taking the weather into acct. At best I think a 10pm departure from the Gate at best

Update its sleeting outside = the palne will need to be Deiced so who knows when wheels up will be
Nights like tonight are why I keep a United Club membership. I'm upstairs looking out the window at my gate. When I see the lice, I'll leave.

On the flipside of weird, I just got my auto-checkin mobile BP for the return flight tomorrow night, even though my 1st leg hasn't departed. I've never been able to do that before even when inside the 24 hr window (as I am now.). Even scored 2A on the A319 return leg. Having much better CPU rates this year as a Plat than last as a Gold.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Nights like tonight are why I keep a United Club membership. I'm upstairs looking out the window at my gate. When I see the lice, I'll leave.

On the flipside of weird, I just got my auto-checkin mobile BP for the return flight tomorrow night, even though my 1st leg hasn't departed. I've never been able to do that before even when inside the 24 hr window (as I am now.). Even scored 2A on the A319 return leg. Having much better CPU rates this year as a Plat than last as a Gold.
Dont look now but as things are going you just might get to TPA in time to catch your Return flight the 316 is now suppose to Depart @ 11:40pm, yet the 991 is suppose to alnd @ 9:56pm seems its giving those aboard a tour of the NY/NJ area
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Dont look now but as things are going you just might get to TPA in time to catch your Return flight the 316 is now suppose to Depart @ 11:40pm, yet the 991 is suppose to alnd @ 9:56pm seems its giving those aboard a tour of the NY/NJ area
Looks like 991 just hit the gate. Guess it's last call here in the UC and I'll go be one of those annoying gate lice!

Est. landing at TPA @ 2:36am. Interested whether Avis will still be open!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Looks like 991 just hit the gate. Guess it's last call here in the UC and I'll go be one of those annoying gate lice!

Est. landing at TPA @ 2:36am. Interested whether Avis will still be open!
I lied. 991 diverted to Dulles. It's at a gate, but not here in EWR. They just shifted us to ship 5688 which just got in from LAS. Looks like we might get outta here after all.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HA Pualani
Flt 1720 Lax to Mco 7.5 hr delay

Anyone have any info on why, other than AC services this 737 is 7.5 hrs delayed?

Seems this ship 3212 has been in LAX since last night.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

I lied. 991 diverted to Dulles. It's at a gate, but not here in EWR. They just shifted us to ship 5688 which just got in from LAS. Looks like we might get outta here after all.
Just for the record, we took an almost 5-hour delay but finally got in the air and got to TPA about 4:30am. Excellent gate staff, excellent crew - pleasant flight, once we got airborne.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
Originally Posted by 808oman
Anyone have any info on why, other than AC services this 737 is 7.5 hrs delayed?

Seems this ship 3212 has been in LAX since last night.
Likely unrelated, but I'll note that MCO got socked with a big storm Sunday afternoon that disrupted operations for UA and other airlines and resulted in a number of diversions. Many folks headed for a week with the mouse ended up in Jacksonville, Tampa, Bradenton and elsewhere.

Picture from Twitter of the Boeing jet belonging to the owner of the Orlando Magic after it got blown into the Magic hangar:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGJdDcuCQAEJCNU.jpg

Last edited by flavorflav; Mar 25, 2013 at 3:11 pm Reason: code
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
UA 145 (IAD-HNL) cxld 3/26

Is there a website that shows the reason for cancellations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.