Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Already booked Saver Coach SFO-BCN - what the chances of Saver Biz/First awards?

Already booked Saver Coach SFO-BCN - what the chances of Saver Biz/First awards?

Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Me and a friend are going to Barcelona in mid-Oct from San Fran and both of us have lots of MP miles to redeem Saver Business/First roundtrip. After monitoring united award availability for months, Saver First was available but always for 1 person only. We gave up and booked Saver Econ last night...but there are plenty of seats left in First/Business. Would UA make these open seats available for Saver Rewards as the date gets closer? Trying to decide whether I should pay $4.99/month to sign up Expert Flyer to monitor availablity till our trip in Oct or there is no chance more Saver awards will be available....
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by jtse818
Me and a friend are going to Barcelona in mid-Oct from San Fran and both of us have lots of MP miles to redeem Saver Business/First roundtrip. After monitoring united award availability for months, Saver First was available but always for 1 person only. We gave up and booked Saver Econ last night...but there are plenty of seats left in First/Business. Would UA make these open seats available for Saver Rewards as the date gets closer? Trying to decide whether I should pay $4.99/month to sign up Expert Flyer to monitor availablity till our trip in Oct or there is no chance more Saver awards will be available....
Most of the time, saver F may pop up at the last minute for the long haul flight and again most likely will be one seat at a time. So the best strategy is probably book one in coach and one in F; do a last minute switch to F when another F becomes available later.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:34 pm
Suspended

How about redeeming for one saver award and buy one revenue ticket?
Or redeem for one saver award and check back 24 hours later to see if another opened up.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by lax2010
Most of the time, saver F may pop up at the last minute for the long haul flight and again most likely will be one seat at a time. So the best strategy is probably book one in coach and one in F; do a last minute switch to F when another F becomes available later.
I agree with the one in coach and one in F, but I would probably waitlist for both C and F from the coach ticket. That way you should get anything that comes up so long as you are high enough on the waitlist. If C cleared I would keep the waitlist for F.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.