Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:20 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cova
UA did not put showers in its new lounge at ORD in the commuter terminal. This would have been an opportunity to add more showers. You could very well have people connecting from international to a commuter flight. I would have thought that a new lounge (not just a remodel) like ORD would have added showers. CO/UA has one shower in the commuter terminal A at EWR.

At ORD - I just go over to the AA lounge if I wanted to use showers. A reason to have actual club memberships.
And they(AA) have at least 8 of them so usually no waiting at all.^
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by rustyr

And they(AA) have at least 8 of them so usually no waiting at all.^
Yep, the shower facilities are one thing that AA does extremely well at their clubs. I was actually considering getting an AA club membership just for the showers when returning on international trips on UA. My issue with the UA shower rooms (when I was able to access them) was there really wasnt that many and also they seemed to close down pretty early. One post mentioned 7PM so they must have extended it as I remember it being something like 2 or 3PM in the past.

This is definitely a welcomed change!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Wow! A change I like!

Does not help me much as ORD is my home airport but it gives me hope they will open up the LAX showers which would be great
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Wow! A change I like!

Does not help me much as ORD is my home airport but it gives me hope they will open up the LAX showers which would be great
No showers to open up at LAX.

They would need to be constructed first as there aren't any there.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Wow! A change I like!

LAX is like IAD have NO showers in the IFL unlike ORD and SFO, so they can't open any if there are none to begin with.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
LAX is like IAD have NO showers in the IFL unlike ORD and SFO, so they can't open any if there are none to begin with.
When CO was in Skyteam, one could always cut through the tunnel and go over to the Delta lounge which has 2 showers. Of course, CO is now UA which is in *A.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Pat+
Excellent. But I'm not sure how they'll deal with the crowds. Also, expect a decrease in service--the current facilities are pretty nice, and stocked with a lovely UA shower kit, puff, and extras. I can't see this being sustainable.

Hopefully they'll give F passengers priority and still provide them with shower amenities.
Why is it so hard to deal with the crowds or decrease in service ? Have you ever taken a shower in IAH or EWR club ? They can certainly manage to deal with the shower crowds at both IAH and EWR, and IAH always have CO's version of shower kit on request. ORD is even a smaller hub then both !

Originally Posted by fly2lanai

I personally think that it is not sustainable. The last time I took a shower at the NRT IFL shower facilities, there wasn't any amenities kit inside the room except for small bottles of shampoo etc (the one you find in the 3F UC). May be they had ran out as this was the only time that I had used the NRT IFL shower facilities whereby there is not an amenities kit in the shower room.
In case you are not aware, the old kit was full of Murad products, Murad is a long gone partner with UA. Now UA is partnering with Philosophy, it ran out because of the transition. If you fly enough on UA thru NRT you know better any transitions always resulting in missing kits ! (C&E > H2O, H2O > Murad, before C&E there wasn't even a kit !)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well there goes that idea Ok then open up the showers @ SFO.. and then I would route through SFO on the way to MEL
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:26 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone,

The OP and others are correct: ORD and GRU showers are no longer restricted to arriving pax only. A bit of background--as you know, our shower facilities at certain airports are either physically within or directly adjacent to the respective United Clubs and/or Global First Lounges. However, up until recently our facilities at ORD (and GRU) were branded separately, as Arrivals Lounges, with a more limited access policy.

As of January 1, the ORD and GRU shower facilities are now fully integrated with the adjacent lounges, bringing the shower access policy in line with NRT, HKG, IAH and EWR. In short, if you have access to the UC/GFL at these airports, you can also use the showers, no matter if you are arriving (connecting) or departing.

We do still have dedicated Arrivals Lounges at SFO and LHR, which at present are only open for eligible arriving customers. However, it’s worth noting that there are also several showers available at the SFO Global First Lounge, for any customer eligible to use that lounge.

I don't have any information at this time on shower facilities at additional domestic clubs, however I can confirm that our new lounge facilities at LHR will have showers.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyone know if the showers at ORD are open the same hours as the United Club?
Hi goodeats21, the ORD showers will have the same opening hours as the UC/GFL.

Aaron Goldberg (I'm back)
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:29 pm

Thanks Aaron.

Let me say it plainly: If you put showers in at hubs I will renew my expired UC membership..
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
OMG, hooray regarding GRU! DH and I fly out of here monthly (me usually after a day of work then literally sweating traffic to Guarulhos), I had no idea! Saves me the trip to the new TAM lounge in T2. This location however I anticipate will get a lot of use in the evenings, as most everyone has checked out of a hotel or left home in the morning and is ready for a refresh by 8pm before getting on a 9 to 10.5 hour flight, AND there are four UA widebody departures within 70 minutes every night. That being said, just fix the internet and you have a big ^ from two 1Ks.

Last edited by GimmeLegRoom; Mar 12, 2013 at 1:12 pm Reason: extra thought
Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA Insider
We do still have dedicated Arrivals Lounges at SFO and LHR, which at present are only open for eligible arriving customers. However, it’s worth noting that there are also several showers available at the SFO Global First Lounge, for any customer eligible to use that lounge.
I was in both the SFO Arrivals lounge (landside) and the SFO Global First Lounge (airside) 9 days ago.

I only saw two (not several) showers at the SFO Global First Lounge near Gate 98.

The SFO Arrivals Lounge does have "several" showers.

Last edited by cova; Mar 12, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by UA Insider
As of January 1, the ORD and GRU shower facilities are now fully integrated with the adjacent lounges, bringing the shower access policy in line with NRT, HKG, IAH and EWR. In short, if you have access to the UC/GFL at these airports, you can also use the showers, no matter if you are arriving (connecting) or departing.
United Airlines
Aaron, this is great news. Connecting in ORD for an international flight just got much better.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes, as a UA/AC flying STAR GOLD from a non-US airline FFP.
Any *G has access on an ORD-YVR flight. Canada-USA is international still. :-:
Old Mar 12, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
CO always allowed anyone with access to the PC (IAH and EWR) to use the showers, PM-UA was the one with the ridiculous policy of refusing people access to showers unless they were on an international itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.