Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Thanks United! I finally have proof someone reads my signature. :-D
Once your sig is true (read showers in UC in LAX and DEN) I am buying UC access again.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Once your sig is true (read showers in UC in LAX and DEN) I am buying UC access again.
I never said UA had showers in every hub...but at least this is a change in the right direction.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:23 pm

04/30/13 C16 UC what showers?

After arriving at ORD from Europe I thought I would make use of the C16 UC shower only to be told by the UC agent there were no showers in this United Club.
04/30/13 ~ 18.00
Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by Aspen
After arriving at ORD from Europe I thought I would make use of the C16 UC shower only to be told by the UC agent there were no showers in this United Club.
04/30/13 ~ 18.00
Last month?

The showers are located between the United Club at C16 and the International First Class Lounge at C18. I took a shower there on 17 March of this year after 18:00.

Incompetent or lying agent.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Michael D

Incompetent or lying agent.
That would be a first.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I used the ORD shower last month. Having used the shower via the GF lounge in the past, I knew to enter the UC first, and then take the secret doorway to the GF area. There was no wait for the shower.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:31 pm

Question

Can someone confirm that Showers are accessible when I am on a domestic flight with *A G status (european programme)?

Kind regards
Kexbox
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Yes, they are just part of the club. After you swipe your credentials at the front desk, go to the 2nd desk and let them know you would like to use a shower.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by kexbox
Can someone confirm that Showers are accessible when I am on a domestic flight with *A G status (european programme)?

Kind regards
Kexbox
I've used those showers multiple times this year on all domestic itineraries as TK *G. I didn't realize this was a new development this year, but that explains why when I was there earlier this year one of the Agents had to confirm that I could use the showers.

I look forward to trying out the ones in GRU in a few weeks!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:11 pm

I was at the UC Club at Concourse C at ORD yesterday, and I was told that the showers were down due to a plumbing issue.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
They of course figured out a way to screw this up. I just arrived from ANC at 455A, go to club to use shower and am told "nope they don't get here till 530". Great, something I actually counted on using before continuing onto DCA and its not available. Thanks for screwing up a possibly good thing.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nevansm
They of course figured out a way to screw this up. I just arrived from ANC at 455A, go to club to use shower and am told "nope they don't get here till 530". Great, something I actually counted on using before continuing onto DCA and its not available. Thanks for screwing up a possibly good thing.
Showers in terminal C have different operating hours than the actual club or IFL. It is a bit frustrating, perhaps posting the hours at united.com would help alleviate this issue. I have just missed a shower a couple times because I didn't know they closed at a certain time, so I understand how you feel. Nothing beats the clean feel after a long flight.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Plat
Does GRU still permit Lounge Access on incoming flights from the US? We are traveling EWR > GRU > GIG (J) this week and would love to freshen up before our connection.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Does GRU still permit Lounge Access on incoming flights from the US? We are traveling EWR > GRU > GIG (J) this week and would love to freshen up before our connection.
I've never been able to do that.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
As long as you have access, the showers are now available to all club entrants but there is rarely time unless you are on the earlier flight arriving from IAD. Ditto in the reverse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.