Wiki Posts
Search

Grease Monkey/Fare bucket issues?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Grease Monkey/Fare bucket issues?

When I used to search for flights in expert mode, I could see fare bucket availability. Now I have to click the link on every single flight. If I recall, I loaded a greasemonkey script that made it auto show all flights and highlited the R space.

Did anyone else have that suddenly stop working? Is there a fix? I'm using Chrome if it matters.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just checked and the GreaseMonkey bit is working fine for me, also in Chrome. What version of the script do you have installed? Chrome suggests that I have v6.1 loaded.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Worked for me yesterday (on chrome). Are you logged in? IME the site has an annoying habit of looking like I'm logged in when I'm not.

I find that if I view an existing itin it makes me enter the PIN, and then the buckets show up when I go back to booking.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FortFun
I find that if I view an existing itin it makes me enter the PIN, and then the buckets show up when I go back to booking.
This is really annoying. IME, the quickest way to fix it is to click "sign out" at the top, sign in again, then navigate back to the search results page, scroll to the bottom where the search modification box is, and click to run the search again.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

How can you figure out what version of the script is loaded?

Yes, I know I'm signed in, because I can click the link and the fare buckest show up. So it knows it's me, it's just not showing up automatically w/o having to click on every single flight.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
This is really annoying. IME, the quickest way to fix it is to click "sign out" at the top, sign in again, then navigate back to the search results page, scroll to the bottom where the search modification box is, and click to run the search again.
A better plan. Nice. ^
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I've searched multiple threads and can't seem to find...how do you re-load the greasemonkey script to see fare bucket available automatically?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
I've searched multiple threads and can't seem to find...how do you re-load the greasemonkey script to see fare bucket available automatically?
Go in to the Option on Chrome, choose Extensions and you should see the existing one, including the version number. You can delete it from there. The script can be downloaded from http://blog.wandr.me/2011/08/contine...w-on-steroids/.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Go in to the Option on Chrome, choose Extensions and you should see the existing one, including the version number. You can delete it from there. The script can be downloaded from http://blog.wandr.me/2011/08/contine...w-on-steroids/.
grrrr. i get an "apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this user site." I don't know what i'm doing wrong! grrrrrr
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
grrrr. i get an "apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this user site." I don't know what i'm doing wrong! grrrrrr
Click on the "more info" link on that error and it will explain to you how to save the file locally and then drag it in to the Extensions page to load it. I'm not too keen on paying Google to get around that step so that's what it will be for the time being.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Click on the "more info" link on that error and it will explain to you how to save the file locally and then drag it in to the Extensions page to load it. I'm not too keen on paying Google to get around that step so that's what it will be for the time being.
thank you!!! it worked. i have no idea how it got uninstalled to begin with. but now it's working again. yay!!!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
sorry for dredging up this old thread. after a HDD failure, i've started anew and switched to Chrome. i'm clicking through the "learn more" and don't see anything obvious for instructions on loading non-webstore extensions. is GOOG now forcing all extensions through their webstore? i found another one in there but it seems very sluggish compared to sbm12s...
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by eleeut
sorry for dredging up this old thread. after a HDD failure, i've started anew and switched to Chrome. i'm clicking through the "learn more" and don't see anything obvious for instructions on loading non-webstore extensions. is GOOG now forcing all extensions through their webstore? i found another one in there but it seems very sluggish compared to sbm12s...
Save the script locally. Open extensions page. Drag the script on to that page.

I just double-checked that the above process works on my new laptop here where I hadn't yet installed the scripts.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
okay, got it! thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
You may want to consider installing TamperMonkey as an extension, and loading your user scripts there. It's not only easier to manage, but they have non-Google extensions that give enhanced functionality to some scripts. I've found it to be a lot easier since Google cranked down the security blocks on user scripts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.