Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz miles not posting correctly to Mileage Plus account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club Gold

United has a Hertz offer on it's website that gives 225 miles/day, 50 bonus miles/day for Premier members, 150 mile bonus for booking thru United and a 35 % discount on the rate.

CDP 62455
PC 165896

This is the same promo offered at the end of 2012 and my miles always posted correctly. Since Jan 2013 every single rental has posted incorrectly, meaning short on miles.....by hundreds of miles each time. I am 1K and gold with Hertz, so it can't be a status issue. I rent cars 3 out of 4 weeks a month.

I have called United Mileage Plus...they said it's a Hertz issue. I called Hertz, they said it's a United issue. I am getting nowhere.

Has this happened to anyone else out there? How were you able to resolve the issue?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by gdavis
United has a Hertz offer on it's website that gives 225 miles/day, 50 bonus miles/day for Premier members, 150 mile bonus for booking thru United and a 35 % discount on the rate.

CDP 62455
PC 165896

This is the same promo offered at the end of 2012 and my miles always posted correctly. Since Jan 2013 every single rental has posted incorrectly, meaning short on miles.....by hundreds of miles each time. I am 1K and gold with Hertz, so it can't be a status issue. I rent cars 3 out of 4 weeks a month.

I have called United Mileage Plus...they said it's a Hertz issue. I called Hertz, they said it's a United issue. I am getting nowhere.

Has this happened to anyone else out there? How were you able to resolve the issue?
Email. To MP thru the web site. This thing (surprisingly) works.

I had exactly the same situation as yours - miles due to the status were not posted, only the basic miles were reflected.

I emailed the MP via website, attached Hert'z invoice and very politely asked them to look at the matter. Got reply after two days telling that adjustment was made and they posted bonus miles as a separate entry:

Code:
12/14/2012	Hertz Rental San Francisco 1,875	
12/14/2012	Goodwill Mileage Adjustment  1,250
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club Gold
I figured I would get further by calling, but I guess not. I will try e-mailing MP like you did and hope for the best. Glad to know it worked for you....gives me hope
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
I just had the same thing. The 150 bonus miles for the united.com booking came through. It was either only regular miles posted, or only one day posted. I can't tell which, since it was a 3 day rental, so it's 225 miles per day with bonus, or 225 miles total without the bonus. I started with a request to Hertz for a miles credit. If that doesn't work. Unfortunately, there's no place on their request form to leave a comment, so I'll have to wait until they look at it to explain what's wrong.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:24 am

Thanks for posting this. I rented through Hertz last month, with those promo codes. I just checked my account, and while the 150 miles booking bonus and 150 mile elite bonus (3 days) came through, they only gave me 225 base miles instead of 675 (3 days). I just emailed Mileage Plus and hopefully they will fix this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.