FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Jeff comments on loss of "unmanaged" corporate traffic/PRASM at JP Morgan conference. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1444657-jeff-comments-loss-unmanaged-corporate-traffic-prasm-jp-morgan-conference.html)

tuolumne Mar 6, 2013 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 20374067)
Onboard power and PTV are undeniably superior to no power and overhead monitors. Seriously.

^Absolutely. Another undeniably superior aspect is the legacy UA seats. That's more important than PTVs and power ports for me, especially since my MacBook 1) has a vastly superior display 2) easily lasts the length of any domestic flight.

unavaca Mar 6, 2013 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne (Post 20374437)
^Absolutely. Another undeniably superior aspect is the legacy UA seats. That's more important than PTVs and power ports for me, especially since my MacBook 1) has a vastly superior display 2) easily lasts the length of any domestic flight.

For sure. For short hauls, I'll usually prefer PMUA equipment since I don't need the power and the seats are more comfortable. On tcons, I'm heavily biased toward sCO equipment because of power and DTV. Seats suck, though.

I suspect that mix will change for me once it becomes clear which fleet is getting Wi-Fi first; I'll preference Wi-Fi over everything else.

tuolumne Mar 6, 2013 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 20374645)
I suspect that mix will change for me once it becomes clear which fleet is getting Wi-Fi first; I'll preference Wi-Fi over everything else.

x2. I'be flown p.s. so often over the years that I've become accustomed to wifi on United - it's become part of my flight routine; seat in lounge mode, noise cancelling headphones on (UA really needs to bring their old p.s. noise cancelling headphones over to intl. F), straight to my email. Stepping onto anything other than a 3-class 757 is always quite jarring to me because of this. wifi and the SQ spacebeds (which I actually like a lot) make me heavily bias towards p.s., even over the 2-class intl. 757s.

FlyWorld Mar 7, 2013 8:26 am

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 20374645)
For sure. For short hauls, I'll usually prefer PMUA equipment since I don't need the power and the seats are more comfortable. On tcons, I'm heavily biased toward sCO equipment because of power and DTV. Seats suck, though.

The irony is that power becomes more important when Wi-Fi is used since Wi-Fi increases power consumption significantly.