Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Business Class and *G Lounge Options in FRA"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Lounges at FRA for *A passengers

LH Lounge types and admission

Welcome Lounge
First and Business Class passengers, status customers and United Airlines Global Services Card members can enjoy the use of this lounge daily from 05.00 to 13.00 hours (last admission at 12.30 hours), provided that they have arrived in Frankfurt on a selected flight. A cosy bistro area, a breakfast buffet offering a varied selection, comfortable armchairs, a Quiet Zone and a smokers’ room, work stations, washrooms and numerous showers ensure that you can relax after your flight and start your day refreshed. For First Class passengers, HON Circle Members and Senators there is also an exclusive ironing service available.
LH Senator / Business Lounges
*G have access to Senator Lounges
Business Class / UC Members have access to Business Lounges

LH First Class Lounge / LH First Class Terminal
See LH Lounge types and admission for access rules. very limited

AC Maple Leaf Lounge
Frankfurt Airport
Terminal 1, Concourse B (Level 3)
Hours of operation: 6:00 – 22:00
Archive

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Business Class and *G Lounge Options in FRA"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
the Business Lounge in Z is your best bet..
Thank you for the prompt response. You seem to imply that there's only one lounge but elsewhere on the forum i read there are four business lounges in Z? Is there a particular one you'd recommend?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Arora
Thank you for the prompt response. You seem to imply that there's only one lounge but elsewhere on the forum i read there are four business lounges in Z? Is there a particular one you'd recommend?
There is only one Business Lounge in Z, above the Senator Lounge (with which it shares the entrance) between the duty free shops and gate Z50. Other non-Schengen business lounges are in B and in C. As I said the business lounge in Z is the newest and probably the best.
Vaibhav Arora likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:36 pm

Quick update - our craft landed in B gates and i had a lot of time at hand. Toyed with the idea of going to a lounge in B, however, that'd mean doing security twice (once entering B and then entering Z). I was in no mood for that and so went to the Z lounge. It was packed to the rafters. After fifteen minutes, i found a reasonable seating option. Wait for showers was about an hour, with two reminders to the attendant (who barked back, I dont know how much time). Anyways, the upsides are many - seating is comfortable, the food is superb (vollkornbrot, apfelwein, some yogurt based dessert, soups and bitter lemon). and the lounge, when somewhat less busy, is nice.
Oh and i wasnt permitted to even look into the senator lounge
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Flying into FRA this weekend (in J) connecting to an LH flight in Y. I think I can use the LH business lounge, the AC Maple Lounge will probably be a no-go right?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Flying into FRA this weekend (in J) connecting to an LH flight in Y. I think I can use the LH business lounge, the AC Maple Lounge will probably be a no-go right?
Deleted. I better not mistake rules again about lounge access.

How much time you have between flights?

I think you only have access to a Welcome lounge that must be outside passport control and the luggage area.

Since you are only Silver, and your next flight is in Economy you don't have access to the LH Business Lounge.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Sep 26, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
arriving on LH or on UA into FRA? Same ticket of different tickets? Strictly speaking you won't have access to lounges but if all on LH for example they will most likely let you in, especially if on 1 ticket. Welcome lounge will work either way arriving on LH or on UA
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
arriving on LH or on UA into FRA? Same ticket of different tickets? Strictly speaking you won't have access to lounges but if all on LH for example they will most likely let you in, especially if on 1 ticket. Welcome lounge will work either way arriving on LH or on UA
According to what I understood from another thread, the FTer asking the question is flying on United and got upgraded to Polaris Business. That's why I suggested the Welcome Lounge but we don't know what's the connection time.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Connection time is 5 hours but I land at 1215 and arrivals lounge closes at 1230. I think I’ll be looking for a priority pass lounge unfortunately it seems.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
With the loss in international first class, is there anyway to get into LH first class lounges while flying UA metal? It used to be GS flying international first class would give you access.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Couldn't find this anywhere and don't want to start a new thread. Wife and I are flying polaris to/from frankfurt and connecting onto LCCs. What lounge would be best to use on arrival to FRA, as we have about 3 hours for connection, and what would be our best lounge option when we return? Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arjaok
Couldn't find this anywhere and don't want to start a new thread. Wife and I are flying polaris to/from frankfurt and connecting onto LCCs. What lounge would be best to use on arrival to FRA, as we have about 3 hours for connection,
Your only option on arrival without a *A departure would be the LH Welcome lounge. It closes at 12:30 pm.

For a UA departure in business class, you would have access to the LH Business lounges and the AC Maple Leaf lounge.
arjaok likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Lounge access for connecting flight when arriving on Polaris

I will be arriving in FRA via UA in Polaris and connecting to a Lufthansa flight in coach to EDI.

Am I correct that I will have no lounge access in FRA ( no status, no lounge membership)?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Larrude
I will be arriving in FRA via UA in Polaris and connecting to a Lufthansa flight in coach to EDI.

Am I correct that I will have no lounge access in FRA ( no status, no lounge membership)?
You will have access to the Welcome Lounge at FRA. It's outside security, so it isn't the most convenient when connecting. It closes at 12:00 (or maybe 13:00). I believe that you are correct about no lounge access to the LH Business Lounge for your connection.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Larrude
.... Am I correct that I will have no lounge access in FRA ( no status, no lounge membership)?
While UA would allow you access to their lounges, there are none in FRA.

Then you fall back to the *A lounge rules and as departure lounges, access is based on your departure flight. In Economy, without status or membership, you will not have *A lounge access.

As pointed out, UA has arranged for arriving Polaris to have access to the Welcome Lounge, outside of security on Polaris arrival if prior to 12:30PM local time
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: UAMP
We will be transiting through FRA to CDG. We are flying United Polaris from SFO but the FRA-CDG leg is economy on LH. Will we have lounge access in FRA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.