Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
I'm of the belief that all F and J cabins, domestic and international, should be lie-flats.
I don't think I'd go that far, but I do think all transcons should be lie flats or at least have the option on 1 flight a day.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
IAD-MRY
IAD-BUR
IAD-FAT

All with lie-flats please.
We lost DEN in MRY. It was the Devil's Chariot but it was fine when we did MRY-DEN-TEX. Looks like Great Lakes is relaunching TEX but we're fine doing SFO-MTJ as it's more reliable than the Beechcrafts into TEX.

It would be nice to see MRY get a little love. Alaska is now doing flights to San Diego.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Please be EWR-BSL or ORD-BSL. Come on United. Says something!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:17 pm

SFO/LAX/ORD/IAD/IAH-JFK for *A international connections (never gonna happen)
IAH-PVG
LAX-HKG
SFO-CAN
EWR-VIE
EWR-PRG
EWR-BUD
LAX-PDX
LAX-PHL
LAX-BWI
more mainline frequencies on LAX-SEA/PHX/DFW/BOS
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:44 pm
IHG

I'd like to see an IAH-Syd flight. Recently flew Air New Zealand from IAH to Sydney via Auckland. Nice flight but would have preferred to fly directly into Sydney. Seems this would open up the Caribbean/Central America market for Aussies as well and benefit UA. Qantas is currently flying Sydney to DFW and I am sure it is making it easier for Aussies to connect to Florida, Caribbean, etc.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
I'd be keen on a SFO-CHC. AKL seems to be doing quite well (at least during December/January, which is the only time I've looked), another NZ city would be nice.

That said the only other longhaul into CHC is on SQ, and it didn't seem too busy when I flew it. Maybe there's more demand for there from the US? (Pluses are faster connections on the south Island, and a much less busy airport.)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by IHG
I'd like to see an IAH-Syd flight. Recently flew Air New Zealand from IAH to Sydney via Auckland. Nice flight but would have preferred to fly directly into Sydney. Seems this would open up the Caribbean/Central America market for Aussies as well and benefit UA. Qantas is currently flying Sydney to DFW and I am sure it is making it easier for Aussies to connect to Florida, Caribbean, etc.
Unfortunately not, some aircraft that they don't have enough range to reach SYD. I think IAH-AKL that they do have enough range and the range is 7,400 miles. I think 787-9 Dreamliner will take you to AKL and then SYD. They must have stop in AKL to get refuel the plane and then they will continue the flight.

They does not have 77LR into the entire fleet. I think UA will ordering 778LRX. It does have more capabilities, more fuel-efficient and more range, as well. This aircraft will fly nonstop from IAH-SYD by operated 778LRX. The range is 8,596 mi. I think 778LRX will take you there. It's a logical choice for 778LRX. As for 7779X, they cannot be reaching into SYD. Due to leaks range. They don't have enough range, but is only for 7,900nm. They won't make it.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Dulles Airport Traveler's Aid Volunteer, hopefully future United IK member
I am cheating a little bit. Also adding *A members to the list:
IAD-ICN- On UA and/or Asiana. Huge Korean population around DC, two allies, business wise etc. I know they currently serve by Korean Air but I think some people would prefer flying on *A.

IAD-TLV- Two tech areas, plus a decent amount of Jewish population, two Political Allies.

IAD-BUR. An aunt and uncle live closer to Burbank Airport. Plus it is a tiny airport which would be better to fly in/out of.

IAD-BRU. Yes there are already a good amount of flights on either SN or UA. I would prefer them to change the flight schedules. Or at least try to add a later flight out of BRU on either airline( Would prefer SN though).

IAH-BRU. Mostly for friends selfishness. I know there is a decent amount of Belgians in the Houston area or at least work there a good amount. Yes they can connect through EWR, ORD or IAD or even through FRA or MUC. It would be easier and nicer to offer non-stop flights.

Have any Amtrak train give you UA miles. Or at least in the DC-NYC corridor.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
IAD-HKG
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
The return of SAN-CLE would be nice. I have no interest in going to CLE but it was a much nicer connecting experience than IAD or ORD.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 100% Green
IAD-HKG
It is nice to have SFO to CTU, TPE, XIY, HGH. But for most east coast (small) cities, there is no single direct flight to SFO to catch these flights. So, IAD/ORD/EWR to TPE, HGH, CTU and XIY will be ideal even if it is just 3 or 4 flights per week.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
It is nice to have SFO to CTU, TPE, XIY, HGH. But for most east coast (small) cities, there is no single direct flight to SFO to catch these flights. So, IAD/ORD/EWR to TPE, HGH, CTU and XIY will be ideal even if it is just 3 or 4 flights per week.
I think we'd be more likely to see flights from those small cities to SFO. The reason these flights to second tier cities in China (plus TPE) work is the flights are out of SFO (with heavy TPAC demand due to the Bay Area business travel) and because of the 787. Even with the 87, I don't see UA making, say, IAD-HGH work, especially since UA doesn't even fly IAD-PVG!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The biggest international holes in UA's network now as I see it:

EWR-JNB: SAA flies JFK-JNB, but UA has O/D and feed through EWR, so EWR-JNB is a no-brainer...especially to steer traffic away from DL ATL-JNB, as well. UA's costs would be less with 789, too.

IAD-JNB/CPT: SAA flies IAD-JNB with a stop in DKR. UA can offer IAD-JNB nonstop using 789. No USA carrier flies to CPT...but JNB is the better bet for business traffic.

LAX/SFO-MNL: Philippines Air flies LAX-MNL with great O/D This is the 2nd biggest hole for UA in the Pacific rim. (BKK is biggest, but it depends on LAX-SIN and how UA performs vs SQ.)

SFO-BKK: Biggest hole for UA in Pacific. Totally depends on how SFO-SIN performs. TG isn't a threat like SQ is.

LAX/SFO-EZE/GRU: Biggest West Coast hole for UA is access to South America. Routing to IAH is inconvenient. Unlikely compared to other routes.

The biggest domestic/N American holes:

SNA-DCA/IAD: UA already has SFO-DCA. SNA-IAD/DCA would be a nice transcon for a very profitable SNA market. DCA is more convenient, but IAD has more room for transcon traffic.

IAH-HAV: I cannot believe that UA didn't file for daily IAH-HAV service. If nothing else, it allows feed from the Western USA without flying to EWR or using AS LAX-HAV. Probably seen as too touristy or as poachable by Southwest from Hobby.

LAX/SFO-YYZ: I think UA has a market here. *A partner AC has them to itself. I thought the JV was dead....?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 100% Green
IAD-HKG
I'm all for that one.

I don't see it happening any time soon, though.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
I still think it's weird UA offers no DEN-Europe service. Yes, the JV with LH has DEN-FRA/MUC. But it's still a little weird that UA neither offers DEN-LHR or DEN-FRA on their own metal. And DEN supports a daily NRT flight, which has way less O&D than LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.