Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Disappearing Reservations

Arrived to the airport early today, so decided to have a few drinks at our local neighborhood United Club. Checking the seat map on my phone, I noticed my seat appears to be unoccupied. Further examination suggested that the seat next to me, which was supposed to be occupied by Mrs. Z, was free as well.
A quick stroll to the CSR verified that both our reservations - we are on different PNRs - have been completely wiped. The agent said this is the 5th time he encountered this phenomenon today. Took him 15 minutes, but looks like we're back on the flight - for now.
Did this happen to anyone else?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Originally Posted by JohnnieZ
Arrived to the airport early today, so decided to have a few drinks at our local neighborhood United Club. Checking the seat map on my phone, I noticed my seat appears to be unoccupied. Further examination suggested that the seat next to me, which was supposed to be occupied by Mrs. Z, was free as well.
A quick stroll to the CSR verified that both our reservations - we are on different PNRs - have been completely wiped. The agent said this is the 5th time he encountered this phenomenon today. Took him 15 minutes, but looks like we're back on the flight - for now.
Did this happen to anyone else?
If you are at the UC that means you have passed through security, which means you have a boarding pass. Wonder what would have happened if you never checked the seat map and then attempt to board the plane with your boarding pass.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
If you are at the UC that means you have passed through security, which means you have a boarding pass. Wonder what would have happened if you never checked the seat map and then attempt to board the plane with your boarding pass.
We do have paper boarding passes since we checked bags and the agent gave us paper ones, but the mobile boarding passes disappeared along with the reservations.
The agent said that had we tried to board the plane with a nonexistent reservation it "would have been ugly".
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:03 pm

Did an agent touch your reservation when you checked in? I've had a few situations where the agent accidentally printed a PKT (paper ticket) which caused the same symptoms you describe.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Happened to me last March.
Tried to check a bag for a 2 segment TCON and the kiosk denied me!!! ... showed the agent the 2 BPs I had printed at OLCI and he just shook his head. It took him and another PMUA agent about 20 minutes to get the flights rebooked. The bulkhead seats I had reserved were long gone, so I got the pleasure of occupying middle seats in E- for 6 hours.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Can you imagine how lousy is your IT infrastructure when something like this happens. Can you imagine if Bank of America would "loose" my savings account "by mistake";
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
Can you imagine how lousy is your IT infrastructure when something like this happens. Can you imagine if Bank of America would "loose" my savings account "by mistake";
But BOA has a great bank network
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by edcho
Originally Posted by keisari
But BOA has a great bank network
And they don't fly the 787 either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.