Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which Aircraft Really Have No Underseat Storage in Front of the Y Bulkhead Row?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Aircraft Really Have No Underseat Storage in Front of the Y Bulkhead Row?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by mrjay
FAs often have the credit card readers in a Pelican case stashed where it often blocks the bulkhead aisle's floor storage space on 319/320 and 737.
Minor point, but these should all be retired by now.

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
My recent experience with the 737 line:

The 700 series bulkhead doesn't go all the way to the floor, but the height of the opening is maybe 5 - 6 inches at best.
The 800 and 900 series has a much higher opening, good for just about any carry on to fit underneath. I would guess the opening is about 12" tall.
I concur with all of the above except 8ABC on 739/ER does not have underseat stowage because of the lav in front.

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I've had the crew instruct me to use this area when the overhead is full, so I'm not sure why some would prohibit it. I've used it many times without comment from the crew.
The area fwd of the bulkhead is approved for cabin bag stowage, despite these instructions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.