Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Traveler Birthday recognitions by UA while Flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveler Birthday recognitions by UA while Flying

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Yeah, flew on my birthday (although because of delays flight didn't leave until it was over). First flight as a 1K as well. Nada.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
I think this completely depends of flight service manager. Flew a few months ago on my birthday, and was greeted by name at seat as I boarded and was wished a happy b'day. A nice touch.
cawhite likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:31 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I flew on my birthday last week. The FAs did something for me on both flights, IAH-IAD and IAD-BRU. I wanted to buy a drink on the domestic leg and pulled out some 15-20 year old“1K currency” I had found. When I asked the FA is she would take it, she laughingly said no, and that she was buying my drinks because it was my birthday. On the overwater leg, a FA from business or Polaris, or whatever they’re calling it class, brought me a glass of Champagne. When the FA in the back of the bus asked me if I wanted a refill, I said sure. She then went up and brought back another glass for both me and my seatmate (not someone I was traveling with). She said she didn’t want me to have to celebrate by myself. I'll echo what someone said above ... I was pleasantly surprised and felt special. It's the little things that often cost essentially nothing that count.
restlessinRNO, cawhite and Kannai like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:05 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew RDU-SFO-PEK last year two days after my birthday. The purser on the RDU-SFO flight wished me a belated happy birthday based on info she had about me on her iPad. That was a nice and unexpected gesture but beyond such things I don't expect anything.
Kannai likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I flew LAX-EWR-MUC the day after my birthday, and I got nada. I hit million miler status on my return trip, and also got nada. And nada was exactly what I expected on both legs.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
Happy Birthday wishes

I want to thank the Commutair crew on UA4997 this morning for wishing me a happy birthday. The FA told me in person and the pilot wished me happy birthday over the PA system. Something they didn’t have to do and it was very nice of them!
CMK10 and onthesam like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Flew recently on the day before my birthday and on the way out the door a flight attendant wished me a "happy birthday tomorrow".
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Birthday Goodie Bag

Flew on my birthday MEX > HOU in J. Had the most amazing purser on that flight. He came by after food service with another FA to wish me a Happy Birthday. They made a hand written note on a napkin and gave me a goodie bag of snacks, some mini bottles of gin along with bottles of wine. It was so nice, I wasn't expecting anything. I'm currently Gold and been flying to & from EWR every week for the last 3 months. He also apologized for all those delays.
atword likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
SO and I flew on his birthday this year LAX-SFO and the GS rep in LAX gave him a birthday card. Nice gesture after we figured out why they called us out of the line. We were a little freaked out as flight was oversold. Last year on my birthday, nothing special except the FA serving us in Y said I could have anything I wanted off BOB, he actually gave it to my whole row, ever though I didn't know the people next to us other than a casual meeting at the AC MLL in YVR.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
9 years ago, back during the Jeff Smisek days (remember him??), my wife had read somewhere that he answered every emailed he received so she arranged to have Mr. Smisek record a "Happy Birthday" message to be played at my 40th birthday party.....very memorable birthday gift to say the least

SPN Lifer, uanj, mathprof and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
My birthday was yesterday-yet they went out of their way to wish a Happy Birthday more than once on my HNL-SFO this morning. Very nice touch.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
For the past dozen or so years (pandemic excluded), I've flown on my birthday and crossed an ocean. On my first trip out of my then-new home base (SLC), they called me to the podium and the GM had written a birthday card thanking me for sharing my birthday with them in the "Friendly Skies". When I got to SFO and settled in on the upper deck (I miss her), the FA brought up a bottle of champagne for me. My friends couldn't believe the treatment. It's a simple thing but talk about garnering loyalty.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
So my birthday was back in May and for the first time I made a point of flying on my birthday (wife and I flew to PWM and the drove through Maine, Vermont, etc. down to our place in DC since I had never been to that corner of the country and we wanted to go SOMEWHERE)... Seeing as I spend more time at CLE than I do with my actual coworkers we had a local bakery do a batch and of aviation themed cookies (all individually packaged for safety) and got them to the Above and Below the wing people in Cleveland...

Of course they always treat me well anyway bit it was a nice surprise to have wishes extended on both legs and on arrival in Portland... But I like having any excuse to celebrate 😁
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
While not specifically a meal, want to give a shout out to my crew ORD-PHL tonight, it's my birthday tomorrow, came up and greeted me and wished me a happy birthday!

Last edited by Dave Schmel; Jul 15, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Flew on my birthday for my first business trip since COVID - two flights both with terrible crews and a 3hr mechanical delay. Oh how I’ve missed it all. I was a little hopeful of at least a “oh hey Happy Birthday”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.