Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Old IT issues appear to have been resolved. May still happen if a segment is not full synced such as after a change.

Some suggestions that have worked in the past are
-- try changing seat assignment
-- try emailing the itin to your self
-- try removing and re-entering FF account ( cannot do online, need to call or do at the airport)
-- remove / re-entering TTN on the reservation
The intent of all of these is to cause a refresh of the reservation, restoring the missing CPU flag

Some other reasons for no CPU flag or eligibility are
-- Two or more non-elites on the PNR
-- Lapchild on PNR, see United Website Not Showing Upgrade Option for Booked Itineraries (with lap child)
-- Basic Economy fare
-- Not an eligible flight - see MileagePlus upgrade regions and eligible fares
Print Wikipost

Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
I agree something is not right with the system. My flight does not show a change from pre-T-96 to post-T-96.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
This bug seems to be impacting sUA flights only. For example, all SFO-HNL flights operated by sUA on 3/1 and 3/2 are showing the dashes when looking on the app.

If you do a search for SFO-HNL on the app, you'll only come up with the sCO planes.

The SFO-EWR redeye that I assume FlyinHawaiian is on (sUA plane only) is showing the dashes as well.

Also, just as a side note, amazing how difficult SFO-HNL is to upgrade now.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by demkr
Also, just as a side note, amazing how difficult SFO-HNL is to upgrade now.
Went from 34F and 36F widebody planes to narrowbody planes
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
Went from 34F and 36F widebody planes to narrowbody planes
Yeah that's true, of course I'm on the 777 though -- I imagine the capacity cuts did it.

Would be nice if I knew how many people checked in for my flight etc. to see if I have any chance at it, but alas, nope, because it's dashed out along with the arrow gone. I shall see when I check in soon...

It's amazing how the system still has these ridiculous issues when we're one year in.

Update: Flight info is now showing for me on the app, but still no arrows

Last edited by demkr; Mar 1, 2013 at 8:41 am
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:54 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

My arrow vanished specifically and only for my 3/2 flight. I hope I'll be added to the UPG list tomorrow. Ugh.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Same here; the arrow was on my itin from T-96. It's now about T-40 and the arrow is nowhere to be seen.
My arrows disappeared also for my 3/2 flight.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:26 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I called the "Premier" desk to inquire about this and was told by the agent that it was because my fare wasn't Y/B/M and therefore, not eligible for complimentary upgrades.

I thanked him an hung up. Way to go, UA. [/sarcasm]
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:29 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I called the "Premier" desk to inquire about this and was told by the agent that it was because my fare wasn't Y/B/M and therefore, not eligible for complimentary upgrades.

I thanked him an hung up. Way to go, UA. [/sarcasm]
Why on earth do they give this canned response so much? I've been told the same thing on other rev fares. See if you can get more insight from a non-liar employee. Ridiculous. These people shouldn't be working in CS
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:19 am

Why on earth do they give this canned response so much? I've been told the same thing on other rev fares. See if you can get more insight from a non-liar employee. Ridiculous. These people shouldn't be working in CS
And my gem of an IAH agent told me that since we are within 24-hours the icon disappears and it always has. Oh yeah and also there have been some "changes." That took 7 minutes of conversation trying to get her to understand what I was saying and 20 minutes of being put on hold while she checked.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:30 am

Funny. Mine just REAPPEARED once we hit T-24.

They literally make stuff up as they go at the "Premier" desk.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:49 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
It's definitely not a "T-24" issue as I had two multi-segment itins (one in April and one in September) which both had the last segment "drop" the blue arrow-thingy but when I clicked thru on the "view upgrade options" link from the upgrade pop-up box, all of the flights were listed

And as others have posted, the issue appears (n.b. appears) to be fixed as all my itins are now correctly showing the upgrade arrow on all flights (until the next "glitch"* that is )

*glitch = COdbaUA's term for SNAFU
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:26 pm

Funny. Mine just REAPPEARED once we hit T-24.

They literally make stuff up as they go at the "Premier" desk.
And mine just REAPPEARED.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Had mine drop from a ORD-LAX-KOA flight today.. just reappeared!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
And as others have posted, the issue appears (n.b. appears) to be fixed as all my itins are now correctly showing the upgrade arrow on all flights (until the next "glitch"* that is )

*glitch = COdbaUA's term for SNAFU
All mine are back---Happened in the last few hours!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yeah, mine is back as of a few hours ago too. Still shaking my head at the level of quality we are getting from the "Premier" desk agents...
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:59 am

Eligible for Complimentary Upgrade Flag Missing from all Itineraries

I noticed this morning that the indicator that my flight was eligible for CPU was missing from an upcoming flight. Then I checked all my other itineraries and the indicator was missing from all of them.

1K desk point finger at web support.

So it looks like we're back to pre-September 21, 2012 opaqueness.

UA Insider, would you care to explain what is going on? I am getting no help from the 1K desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.