Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA January 2013 Financial/operational results vs. the competition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA January 2013 Financial/operational results vs. the competition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Perhaps the truth reads more like this?

COdbaUA has, this month, posted performance data that is better than CO ever posted in the last 10 years, after they padded the schedules so scheduled arrival time is always 20-40 minutes later than actual expected arrival time.

If you data is right, it seems to suggest that COdbaUA is still behind where UA was before they trashed it.
Since when is 82.18% higher than 82.34%?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Boghopper
The sooner you leave the sooner you get there.
Since UA's expanded network metrics now include sCO's CO and Air Mike routes that cross the date line going east, you can now arrive before you left on more flights than ever. This is a fantastic boost for on-time performance!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by spin88
But then perhaps this is the new business plan. Invent low thresholds and then hype them. For example "GF food recently voted best in blind taste test against a large institution in Joliette!!!" "UAL Recently ranked higher in customer service then the DMV!!!" "Voted best network by CEOs of Illinois based airlines for two years running!"
Well, that's what's called "managing expectations" It's all relative, right?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
and now for the other half... UA's January Revenue numbers.

Mainline Load was +1.9%, PRASM was +2-3%. So a rough measure of yield (taking the midpoint) was +.6% mainline

Consolidated, Load was +2.2%, PRASM was +3-4%. So yield (midpoint again) was +1.3%

capacity(ASM) was down (1.9%) traffic was up (+.9%). So they attracted some new passangers while shrinking capacity [Although I am confused how traffic up +.9 + capacity down (1.9%) = +2.2% load factor; perhaps someone can explain this to me.]

While still trailing DL (Delta had a similar fall in ASMs (2.2%), flat RASM, increased load +1.9%,and a +5.5% PRASM, for a much better roughly calculated yield of 3.6%) the numbers are not as bad as I would have expected if there was a drop off in FFers after end of the year.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA finally reported its Jan results this morning. All numbers are consolidated. Traffic up 1.8% on slightly higher capacity (0.2%) and PRASM up 3.1%, slightly less than the mid-point of the range reported by UA.

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3626

I'm guessing, but I assume that AA's results will take a hit for a few months as a result of the pilot work action in Sept and Oct.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: Lawl COVID
"Welp, our problems are resolved! Now once the game changing 787 comes back online, we can tout our world class network mostly flown with RJs!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.