Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:12 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
CDG to SFO on UA

Departure 9am, what is a realistic time for being at the airport. Carry on only.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfo
Departure 9am, what is a realistic time for being at the airport. Carry on only.
7:45 A.M. latest.

7:30 A.M. to be safe.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:25 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by sfo
Do you have TSA-pre? If not, I would consider arriving at the earlier time mentioned by @MatthewLAX, or even earlier. Even with TSA-pre, I had an issue at the International Terminal a few weeks ago and the line was longer than I have ever seen it and wasn't moving. Ultimately I walked over to T-3 and went through security there and walked back over on the air-side connector.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sb3
Do you have TSA-pre?
No TSA at CDG.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sb3
Do you have TSA-pre? If not, I would consider arriving at the earlier time mentioned by @MatthewLAX, or even earlier. Even with TSA-pre, I had an issue at the International Terminal a few weeks ago and the line was longer than I have ever seen it and wasn't moving. Ultimately I walked over to T-3 and went through security there and walked back over on the air-side connector.
OP is talking about CDG to SFO not the other way around...

@OP if you’re flying business be sure to use the No 1 Pass outbound immigration line instead of the regular one. Rarely anyone in that line and can save many minutes. It’s the opposite direction from the regular line, I think anti-clockwise? CDG T1 can be confusing.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
Thanks for the advice. Yes, in carryon ... but US carryon often has to be checked for domestic flights elsewhere: experience in South America, Australia and Euro.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Accčs no.1 is the No. 1 Pass. It's a pinkish/purplish sign (I see it as purple but people have referred to it as pink).
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Bumping this question again: When we tried in 2014, we were told "non," but now that Acces 1 is coded into the boarding pass, I'm wondering whether anyone has experience. TiA.

"Does PremierAccess entitle one to Acces 1? I'll have PremierAccess via the United Club Card since I no longer have status."
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CJ99
Bumping this question again: When we tried in 2014, we were told "non," but now that Acces 1 is coded into the boarding pass, I'm wondering whether anyone has experience. TiA.

"Does PremierAccess entitle one to Acces 1? I'll have PremierAccess via the United Club Card since I no longer have status."
Accčs 1 availability is based on status (*G) or cabin (J or F) so I don’t think Premier Access will help you.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by cranky1K

Accčs 1 availability is based on status (*G) or cabin (J or F) so I don’t think Premier Access will help you.
Actually as it turns out, Premier Access (which I have solely through the Club Card) allowed me through the automatic Acces No 1 gates to Immigration. At the gate (65 minutes before departure), lines for security were short enough that we didn't try the Acces No 1 line, though I imagine it would have worked there, too.

No lines at the Premier Access checkin desk (separate from the regular Econ and the Business/1k desks) about 3 hours before departure. Made it from the left bank to CDG in 45 minutes on a Monday morning during rush hour.

Hope the above helps future travelers.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:30 pm

Arrival lounge at CDG

Hello! I am United 1K (star Alliance Gold). Is there an arrival lounge with showers at CDG even though I will be flying economy? Or other showers at CDG for arriving pax?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
pack some extra wet wipes

Nope, no arrival lounge even if you are premier elite.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2019 at 12:23 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Don’t exit through customs. Go straight to the departures Star Alliance lounge. They should allow you access with a same day boarding pass. Shower away. Through there maybe a wait —only two showers. it worked for me a few months ago.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by saccoNY
Don’t exit through customs. Go straight to the departures Star Alliance lounge. They should allow you access with a same day boarding pass. Shower away. Through there maybe a wait —only two showers. it worked for me a few months ago.
The Star Alliance lounge is a departure lounge. Unless OP is departing on a *A carrier, no access. Not sure how you were allowed access.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska Gold 75k, Marriott Amb
Transfer time at CDG from AF to UA, separate tickets

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of transfer times to United at Charles de Gaule form Air France. We'll be coming from Nice, transferring to a Chicago flight.

Thanks!

/iain

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.