Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Update: From the * Alliance site it looks like even AC is closed

https://www.staralliance.com/en/airp...irportCode=CDG
Wow this is a recent and disappointing development. Makes little sense now that travel is ramping up. Hopefully it is a temporary thing (although the T1 lounge status also reads temporarily closed so .). Ill remain optimistic it will reopen by April.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ARR72
Wow this is a recent and disappointing development. Makes little sense now that travel is ramping up. Hopefully it is a temporary thing (although the T1 lounge status also reads temporarily closed so .). Ill remain optimistic it will reopen by April.

T1 is closed. I was recently in the T2 lounge which the AC site indicates is open.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TomMM
T1 is closed. I was recently in the T2 lounge which the AC site indicates is open.
Yes. I was referring to the MLL when I said I was optimistic about its reopening, not T1. I also checked the AC website and saw it indicates the CDG MLL is open, so it seems the information in the Star Alliance site is inaccurate.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
I will try the MLL in CDG and report if there are any other lounges open. I prefer they give me a voucher in lieu of walking those miles to the MLL and back
ARR72 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Good luck and please keep us posted..
ARR72 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Good luck and please keep us posted..
Maple Leaf Lounge is your only option in CDG. I like the lounge as it is quiet and has great service at the bar.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
I'm a bit confused with the information on United's website.

Can anyone confirm what are the requirements for entry into France and re-entry to the US?

Test and Vax card both ways or just one of them?

Also is it possible/useful to apply for the French Pass Sanitaire before arrival? Can this be done at the french embassy or online?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I found this FAQ helpful: Coming to France? Your Covid-19 questions answered as well as Covid 19 : International travel

• For travelers vaccinated within the meaning of European regulations, no more tests is required on departure. Proof of a complete vaccination schedule becomes sufficient to arrive in France, regardless of the country of origin, as was the case before the distribution of the Omicron variant.
  • For unvaccinated travellers, the obligation to present a negative test to travel to France remains, but the measures on arrival (test, isolation) are lifted when they come from countries on the "green" list, characterized by a moderate circulation of the virus.
  • When unvaccinated travelers come from a country on the "orange" list, they must continue to present a compelling reason justifying the need for them to come to mainland France and may still be subject to a random test on arrival. Travelers who test positive will have to isolate themselves, in accordance with the recommendations of the Health Insurance.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
France has dropped test for vaccinated arrivals. You need to test the day before flying back to the USA to meet American entry requirements. You can do an emed antigen test or get tested pretty easily at french pharmacies and test sites for about 30 euros or less.

Not sure if you can get passe sanitaire on line. They started and stopped. You can look up a pharmacy in your neighborhood that is authorized to do it. Costs about 30 and takes 10 minutes.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zoltar

Also is it possible/useful to apply for the French Pass Sanitaire before arrival? Can this be done at the french embassy or online?
Pass sanitiaire is no longer needed.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by Zoltar
I'm a bit confused with the information on United's website.

Can anyone confirm what are the requirements for entry into France and re-entry to the US?

I just arrived at CDG this week, the only requirement to enter France was for me to upload a copy of my vaccine information into United’s Travel Ready website in order to get my boarding pass issued. The situation has changed dramatically in France since July last year when the Pass Sanitaire was required to literally go anywhere. There is zero vigilance on this point in effect, many people in the airports were not wearing masks at all until they stepped on the plane and there was zero evidence of masks or vaccine proof at any restaurant I visited.

Return flight CDG-SFO-SNA is tomorrow, the US still requires a negative Covid taken within 24 hours of departure. I used the Abbott’s BinaxNOW kit that is the subject of other threads w/ zero problems. United also asked me to upload a copy of my vaccine card, which was odd to me since I already did that to enter the country and it seems like that is something they should already have in hand.

2022 Airports: BOD, CDG, DEN, EWR, FRA, GRU, HAM, IAH, HNL, LAX, LIH, MCO, ORD, SEA, SFO, SJD, SNA, YUL
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by laughinlab2001
I
Return flight CDG-SFO-SNA is tomorrow, the US still requires a negative Covid taken within 24 hours of departure. I used the Abbotts BinaxNOW kit that is the subject of other threads w/ zero problems. United also asked me to upload a copy of my vaccine card, which was odd to me since I already did that to enter the country and it seems like that is something they should already have in hand.
Tests need to be performed any time the day before flight, not 24 hours.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What is the current lounge situation here? Based on the Star Alliance lounge search tool, it looks like all lounges are closed.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by nexus7556
What is the current lounge situation here? Based on the Star Alliance lounge search tool, it looks like all lounges are closed.
Star Gold and business can use the maple leaf lounge in terminal 2 but it doesn't open until 7.30 ish ( they open late with a line waiting) is a bit of a hike from United gates and is mediocre....
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Star Gold and business can use the maple leaf lounge in terminal 2 but it doesn't open until 7.30 ish ( they open late with a line waiting) is a bit of a hike from United gates and is mediocre....
I posted about this a few posts above from a January flight. They were open before 7:30 and there was no line. And not a huge amount of people that day. But they had a bartender who had a heavy pour so I was happy even with the long walk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.