Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Any recent reports on arriving to CDG for morning departures (in my case 9.15 SFO) in terms of security and immigration lines and times? It's always early and hate to be super early as the poor MLL doesn't even open til 7.30....and usually often a bit late...
My recent experience is that the MLL opens earlier than 7:30am, although not published as so.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Originally Posted by Samogitian
I am in the Air Canada lounge right now. Virtually nobody is wearing masks in the airport except me (I normally don't wear masks, but with this mass of humanity, all sorts of nasty stuff is doubtless going around, plus it hides my scowl). The lounge is completely run down and broken. Screaming spawn, bad food (should have loaded up on the food in Vilnius, I guess, and that tiny lounge isn't much to write home about). Here in CDG we have awful looking mystery meat, a bad selection of drinks, coffee from thermoses, awful lighting, empty magazine racks, outdated decor, inadequate bathrooms. For godssakes, some pain au chocolat would have been a nice touch. But no.
Agree 100% on it being an awful lounge. At 8 am Sunday, completely full and awful food and nonfunctioning coffee machines (zero functional ones, so carafes of bad coffee that were sometimes empty). That said, as a 1K got through checkin, emigration, and security reasonably smoothly (say, 45 minutes, but we had a lot of luggage and pets). The non-status economy line was snaking a long, long ways.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 18, 2022 at 10:00 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM
CDG minimum connection for a Saturday

Hi All
Does anyone know if 1hr and 20mins is enough time to get from arrival 2F to connecting departure 2E-Mgates on a Saturday morning in October, 9am arrival time?
Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Does anyone know how early the check in counters at CDG open? I have a 9:15AM flight that boards at 8:25AM, and with the strike, I'm worried about chaos at the airport. Will desks be open 3-4 hours in advance like in the US?

Also, I'm *G in J, so will have access to Gold Track. My partner has no status, but will be in J...does Premier Access get them access to Gold Track?
Did your partner premiere access get them into Gold Track?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Any recent reports on arriving to CDG for morning departures (in my case 9.15 SFO) in terms of security and immigration lines and times? It's always early and hate to be super early as the poor MLL doesn't even open til 7.30....and usually often a bit late...
When I was there early July, the MLL opened at 7AM

Originally Posted by darkrider
Did your partner premiere access get them into Gold Track?
Yes as a J pax with no status, he got priority security
darkrider likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 26, 2022 at 5:51 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Im posting yet again from my first and I hope last experience as a UA J pax. Sitting here in this Maple Leaf Lounge and its just awful. Crowded, hot and terrible food. I cant wait to get on the plane and eat the Polaris food.oh wait.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Im posting yet again from my first and I hope last experience as a UA J pax. Sitting here in this Maple Leaf Lounge and its just awful. Crowded, hot and terrible food. I cant wait to get on the plane and eat the Polaris food.oh wait.
Yes it's been discussed many times that the lounge situation at CDG T2A is terrible. Short of UA paying for use at the 3rd party contract lounge (and former EY lounge), there's really no other alternative. I don't see AA/CX/EK opening up their lounges for UA premium passengers.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Yes it's been discussed many times that the lounge situation at CDG T2A is terrible. Short of UA paying for use at the 3rd party contract lounge (and former EY lounge), there's really no other alternative. I don't see AA/CX/EK opening up their lounges for UA premium passengers.
Hopefully its a temporary situation. It was discussed above that Terminal 1 is undergoing renovation. Maybe we will have a new and improved Star Alliance lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Flying CDG-ORD early September in J. How early should we be at the airport with checked bags? Spending the night in Roissy, so should be a short trip.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by iplaybass
Flying CDG-ORD early September in J. How early should we be at the airport with checked bags? Spending the night in Roissy, so should be a short trip.

Thanks in advance!
we arrived CDG for an 9.15 am flight around 7. 1k/J check in was full but through in 10 minutes. With access 1 code on your BP, immigration and security are not too bad. We were check in to gate in about 45 min or less...
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:51 am

Since I know for many people "free" is all important 8), let's pretend the AC lounge were closed and it's early morning. Where would you go? Is there any comfortable space you can pay for, at another restaurant or lounge? Or is there just nothing?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Issue is that T1 is still closed, so every non-ST carrier is using T2A for non-Schengen flights. There is major capacity issue at T2A to the point where they had to control departing passenger flow to both immigration hall and security, even with priority/No.1 Access. So you're just going to end up waiting a very long and slow moving line. ...
This was my experience on three trips (dont ask) through immigration and security at the end of July: at times, security backed up to the point where they stopped processing the immigration lines for 10 minutes or so. Nonetheless, I was through the whole pre-gate process in under 45 minutes each time with Accs No. 1.
iplaybass likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
CDG Terminal 1 reopening?

I saw some reports that CDG Terminal 1 may be reopening in December, 2022 and Star Alliance returning. Anyone know whether that is true or planned? Apparently, a renovation would also have some of the satellite gates connected. (Though what I'd really like is an arrivals lounge anywhere in CDG. I used to fly AF specifically to be able to use the one in Terminal 2.)
Old Nov 9, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Artpen100
I saw some reports that CDG Terminal 1 may be reopening in December, 2022 and Star Alliance returning. Anyone know whether that is true or planned? Apparently, a renovation would also have some of the satellite gates connected. (Though what I'd really like is an arrivals lounge anywhere in CDG. I used to fly AF specifically to be able to use the one in Terminal 2.)
When we were there a few weeks ago that is what we were told -- and trust me the staff can't wait to get back to T1! However, this is France -- and the French have a rather pliable relationship with time, just like the Port Authority here in NY/NJ....
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Ive made a little investigation at CDG this morning and was confirmed twice that it would reopen on January 9th.
And it is supposed to be very nice
ARR72 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.