Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by Artpen100
It is so ridiculously bad you just have to laugh. I am somewhat fond of the plastic people tubes running through the middle.
To all those too young to know, search Alan Parson Project, I Robot album cover.... it was the most futuristic thing on earth😊

Last edited by 1k-all-the-way; Apr 12, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, they are no longer using the Access #1 cards. You need to scan your BP which means you can skip the check in desk if you have no need to use it.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
FYI, they are no longer using the Access #1 cards. You need to scan your BP which means you can skip the check in desk if you have no need to use it.
Meaning the BP scan confirms whether you're eligible, and no more dragon at the entry to the #1 lane?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes but the queue minder was there looking at BPs before the scanner.
SPN Lifer, st530 and Artpen100 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Schedule Change SFO-CDG-ATH | 70 Minute Connection

Hola FT Collective - I could use some input on a schedule change notice I just got from UA. In August (I know far enough out that schedules might change again), I'm flying SFO-CDG (UA) arriving at 1045 and departing CDG-ATH (A3) at 1155. Seated up front on both flights. But, is that connection time doable (guessing I have to clear into Schengen at CDG - and my experience with any customs clearance at CDG has been miserable throughout the years). There is an A3 flight 6 hours later - but kind of ruins my dinner plans in Athens. Would you risk it or try and re-schedule (side note, I'm coming in from SLC (separate PNR) that morning and we all know SFO, so wouldn't want a Euro flight that leaves before noon-ish just to protect that connection). Appreciate any insight from CDG transit pros!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
... I'm flying SFO-CDG (UA) arriving at 1045 and departing CDG-ATH (A3) at 1155. ...
Believe you will have to change as the MCT is 1:30 to 2:00, as UA likely will not allow check-in

And yes, have schedule changes, MCT violations can arise and not get flagged

Best to call and ask if UA allows this but even if UA did it, the odds have to be poor of a successful connection
MarkyMarc likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Has anyone had experience purchasing same day entrance into the MLL? Found some information online saying it is available at CDG, about 30€ if I recall. Hadn’t seen this noted before so I was a little surprised. I know I can bring one guest but I’ll be traveling with two friends and I’d be grateful to get some first hand experience confirmation ahead of time vs. going to the lounge, getting denied & doing a walk of shame to exit (it’s an “either we all go in or none of us” group). I’ve used this lounge twice since T1 has been closed. Both times I was “scrutinized” a bit more at the entrance than at other lounges so a little hesitant to upset the front desk!
Old May 4, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You may purchase access directly at our Maple Leaf Lounge at Charles-de-Gaulle Airport in Paris for €42 per customer. Kindly present your confirmed, same-day departing ticket for a flight operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge.
https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...lounges.html#/
Old May 4, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thank you for that, very helpful. I’ll be flying United out of 2A. The rules specify AC flights with no mention of other Star Alliance partners. Hope they are flexible on that point.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ARR72
Thank you for that, very helpful. I’ll be flying United out of 2A. The rules specify AC flights with no mention of other Star Alliance partners. Hope they are flexible on that point.
Sometimes if you have an extra guest and you don’t mind asking, perhaps a solo traveler checking in at the lounge desk would be amenable in admitting your companion
Old May 4, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Sometimes if you have an extra guest and you don’t mind asking, perhaps a solo traveler checking in at the lounge desk would be amenable in admitting your companion
That no longer works as the "guester" and "guestee" must be on the same flight.
Old May 4, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That no longer works as the "guester" and "guestee" must be on the same flight.
Or should you say it may work if you’re asking t
a person that happens to be on your flight
Old May 4, 2022, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Or should you say it may work if you’re asking t
a person that happens to be on your flight
And how to you find that out and then they just happen to be in line at the same time as you?? With mulitple carriers / flights around the same time this does not seem to be a reliable approach anymore.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
United CDG Club

Hi all,
Are all United/Star Alliance clubs open at CDG? Arriving early for checkin on June 15 for CDG-SFO. Website says Star Alliance club “temp closed”- no answer at United phone.
Suggestions?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
When I was there a few weeks ago, only the Air Canada club was open. Small club but not over packed. Was maybe 5-10 minute walk from the United gate for Newark.
W126Pilot likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.