Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I was just there this morning. Couldn’t stay long as I managed to get on the earlier CDG-EWR flight.

This is an amazing looking lounge. Bright, airy, wine cellar, showers, a tea salon garden, outdoor space, a secret VIP room (GS, is that you?), and something I’ve never seen before - floor to ceiling windows with a tarmac view in the Men’s Room!! (Really). Food was okay but just breakfast offerings at this time of the morning, Someone else will have to report on the food later in the day. Very well lit work spaces as well. The lounge is post-Security in the middle of Duty Free and is about a 5-7 minute walk from gates 14/16. Don’t miss it!

Take elevator from middle of Duty Free

Automated BP readers, so quick entry.

Secret VIP room. GS? *A F?

Outdoor patio

This is the view from the Men’s Room

SPN Lifer, hirohito888 and ARR72 like this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Wow, looks amazing !
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for posting these pictures
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 11:51 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
New Star Alliance Lounge at CDG

Greetings from the new Star Gold Lounge in CDG Terminal 1.

Much to love here! First it's after immigration and security, so you can relax until boarding time.

When you arrive in the new terminal 1 section, turn right and look for the elevator to the upper floor. Entrance is staffed but you can just scan your boarding card to enter.

Main food area to the right, toilets and showers (4 i think) to the left. There are charging ports everyone, and a variety of seating areas and work station. Very new, large and stylish.

Morning food selections were fine...like the old lounge with perhaps a bit more hot food (eggs, mushrooms, pancakes, etc etc) plus croissants pain chocolate, cold cheese and meats, yogurt etc.. There is a second beverage area to the left with the work cubicles along with one or two bar areas in the center.

And great runway view too! Such a nice improvement.

My timing from arrival at airport to being in the lounge about 15 to 20 minutes max.....but I had a very early arrival around 7am and no bags to check. Enjoy!

Last edited by 1k-all-the-way; Oct 25, 2023 at 10:03 am
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:09 am

Star Alliance Lounge CDG

I am flying on SAS from Terminal 1 to Copenhagen I was wondering if I can access the Star Alliance Lounge at CDG on a Schengen flight and if so how.

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Sounds good, thanks for the review. For non- *G you can buy access for 75 Euros, have to pick time of arrival, with up to 5% discount for *A members (MP, etc.).
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
so they now have security in the main body of the terminal vs. in the sattelites after the underground escalator tunnel?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by VRFast
Sounds good, thanks for the review. For non- *G you can buy access for 75 Euros, have to pick time of arrival, with up to 5% discount for *A members (MP, etc.).
Not that I am keen to drop 75 Euros but I don't see this as an option. Can you share where you saw this? https://www.staralliance.com/en/paid-lounge-entry does not have it as an option for CDG. I am usually flying AA and have access to their lounge in CDG but I had a United credit to burn and likely will have 2 hours or so in T1 before my flight to EWR.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by hughw
so they now have security in the main body of the terminal vs. in the sattelites after the underground escalator tunnel?
Yes. With the new addition to terminal 1, you check in and go through passport control as before. You then take a new larger moving walkway under the tarmac which feeds you into a very large group security area. After clearing security you take the escalator up to a new large shopping concourse where the lounge is. To get to united gates you then walk past new gates for other star partners before walking back into the connected older terminal that has been updated. Walking from security to united gates us about 5 minutes or so.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:45 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Greetings from the new Star Gold Lounge in CDG Terminal 1.

Much to love here! First it's after immigration and security, so you can relax until boarding time.

When you arrive in the new terminal 1 section, turn right and look for the elevator to the upper floor. Entrance is staffed but you can just scan your boarding card to enter.

Main food area to the right, toilets and showers (4 i think) to the left. There are charging ports everyone, and a variety of seating areas and work station. Very new, large and stylish.

Morning food selections were fine...like the old lounge with perhaps a bit more hot food (eggs, mushrooms, pancakes, etc etc) plus croissants pain chocolate, cold cheese and meats, yogurt etc.. There is a second beverage area to the left with the work cubicles along with one or two bar areas in the center.

And great runway view too! Such a nice improvement.

My timing from arrival at airport to being in the lounge about 15 to 20 minutes max.....but I had a very early arrival around 7am and no bags to check. Enjoy!
I like the fact that the new lounge is after security as having a lounge before security (especially in an international terminal) imho is just "plane stoopit" but if I may ask a question with my Smoking Lounge Forum moderator hat on...

Did you perhaps notice of there is a smoking area (possibly outside like the old Star Alliance lounge had) as if yes, I'd like to update my forum with that info
Old Oct 25, 2023, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by airb330
Not that I am keen to drop 75 Euros but I don't see this as an option. Can you share where you saw this? https://www.staralliance.com/en/paid-lounge-entry does not have it as an option for CDG. I am usually flying AA and have access to their lounge in CDG but I had a United credit to burn and likely will have 2 hours or so in T1 before my flight to EWR.
If they have showers I would if I had time.
I should have posted a link.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
Type in CDG, and when it comes up it should say "Buy Lounge Access Pass" by the 2 *A lounges listed, Intra Schengen and Non Schengen.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
I like the fact that the new lounge is after security as having a lounge before security (especially in an international terminal) imho is just "plane stoopit" but if I may ask a question with my Smoking Lounge Forum moderator hat on...

Did you perhaps notice of there is a smoking area (possibly outside like the old Star Alliance lounge had) as if yes, I'd like to update my forum with that info
There is an outdoor terrace with runway views and I think I saw ashtrays out there.....but it was dark and pouring rain so not 100% on this....but I think for Paris you could expect it.
VRFast likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by VRFast
If they have showers I would if I had time.
I should have posted a link.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
Type in CDG, and when it comes up it should say "Buy Lounge Access Pass" by the 2 *A lounges listed, Intra Schengen and Non Schengen.
Thanks! For some reason under "paid lounges" it isn't an option but is here! Appreciate it. I can probably credit it to my ritz card.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by airb330
Thanks! For some reason under "paid lounges" it isn't an option but is here! Appreciate it. I can probably credit it to my ritz card.
Just FYI, I have not tried this with any lounge outside of the US, so I can't vouch for it. Please report back with your experience. Flying in/out of CDG may be on our radar next year.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
There is an outdoor terrace with runway views and I think I saw ashtrays out there.....but it was dark and pouring rain so not 100% on this....but I think for Paris you could expect it.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.