Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
FYI, the Star Alliance lounge in CDG is re-opened. I was in it yesterday. The *A website still lists it as temporarily closed but we know they can take a few days to a few weeks to update their website.

So no need to go through passport control and multiple security checks at CDG to use the LH lounges now. *A lounge is located after passport control but before security on the 10th floor. Immediately after passport control go up the elevator and DO NOT walk all the way down to the terminal 1 security checkpoint.

Also, which is not clear to anyone including most of those who man the line, United Premier Access (aka elites in coach, etc.) *DO* get "No. 1" (number 1) access at CDG for security and passport control.

-RM
rafkeduck and ARR72 like this.

Last edited by RobOnLI; Jan 26, 2023 at 6:18 am
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:22 am

United lounge CDG

What is the lounge situation at CDG for a revenue passenger in J with no status? Is there an arrivals option? Departures option? Thank you
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: UA
No arrivals option I believe. For departing flights, there is the Lufthansa lounge (keep expectations low) and the Star Alliance Lounge (reopen now I believe?).
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The *A website has still not updated and continues to list this lounge as temporarily closed. The website lists paid options for the various other lounges. Curious to know if this will extend to CDG.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
FYI, the Star Alliance lounge in CDG is re-opened. I was in it yesterday. The *A website still lists it as temporarily closed but we know they can take a few days to a few weeks to update their website.

So no need to go through passport control and multiple security checks at CDG to use the LH lounges now. *A lounge is located after passport control but before security on the 10th floor. Immediately after passport control go up the elevator and DO NOT walk all the way down to the terminal 1 security checkpoint.

Also, which is not clear to anyone including most of those who man the line, Premier Access (aka elites in coach, etc.) *DO* get "No. 1" (number 1) access at CDG for security and passport control.

-RM
I'm flying UA986 CDG-ORD this morning, I can confirm that United is now flying out of Terminal 1 and the Star Alliance lounge is open. It's a little odd that my boarding pass said the flight would leave out of 2A when I checked in online, but later in the evening I got a text message that confirmed the move over to Terminal 1.

If you have status as noted previously, I highly recommend walking out of your way to find the "No.1" access point for clearing customs. The line is obviously shorter, but the signage can be a little confusing when you first enter the terminal. The other access point will still get you to passport control, but it dumps you into a much longer queue.

As the previous post noted, you really need to pay attention once clearing customs because the elevators to the Star Alliance lounge (on floor 10) are to your right but the flow of traffic towards security wants you to move directly down the hallway. It's easy to miss, especially when crowded.

The lounge itself is very relaxed, at least it appears that way this morning. I used to stop here all the time prior to the pandemic, it looks and feels exactly the same in a positive way. Full bar and hot/cold buffet are provided, great WIFI, it is basically a massive upgrade for anyone who had to suffer through the Air Canada lounge over in Terminal 2 for the last several years.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

Also, which is not clear to anyone including most of those who man the line, Premier Access (aka elites in coach, etc.) *DO* get "No. 1" (number 1) access at CDG for security and passport control.

-RM
Is this the "European Premier Access", only available to the elite passenger not to non-elites on same PNR? Similar to "Gold Track"?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by VRFast
Is this the "European Premier Access", only available to the elite passenger not to non-elites on same PNR? Similar to "Gold Track"?
Sorry, I have clarified my post. It's United Premier Access I was referring to. I would imagine any *G can access the "No. 1" line but the BP should probably say something similar to Premier, Gold track, etc. YMMV.

-RM
SPN Lifer and VRFast like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:35 am

Is there a lounge you can access at CDG with an international Polaris ticket?

My son is doing study abroad in France and will be flying home from CDG. The school arranges a shuttle to the airport for all students and told us what time to schedule a departure after. I have no idea how long he'll actually be at the airport so I was wondering if there's a lounge he can get access to with his ticket. It's his first solo trip so I want to make it as smooth as possible.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 26, 2023 at 11:57 am Reason: moved to subject thread
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is there a paid access option here as in the other Star Alliance lounges in Europe? Website still hasn’t updated the status of this lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:13 pm

So is the Star Alliance lounge pre- or post-security? I have seen both mentioned. If it is pre-security, is it full, mass security or something more akin to the "secondary" security that I used to see in some airports for US flights? (And if it pre-security, why? Seems like a poor location, no matter how good the lounge is.)
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jonu
So is the Star Alliance lounge pre- or post-security?
From multiple websites and comments above: "Terminal 1 at CDG, after passport control but before security on level 10."
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by jonu
So is the Star Alliance lounge pre- or post-security? I have seen both mentioned. If it is pre-security, is it full, mass security or something more akin to the "secondary" security that I used to see in some airports for US flights? (And if it pre-security, why? Seems like a poor location, no matter how good the lounge is.)
Because there's not enough space? T1 has separate security at each satellite. While some carriers have their own lounges in each satellite such as LH, *A probably decided to open lounge in the main terminal to accommodate all the non-Schengen flights at each satellite. Even QR has their lounge before security I think.
rafkeduck likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks to hirohito888 for showing me this thread!

I for one am VERY GLAD that United has returned to T1 as my experience at T2 in 2022 was dreadful (for all 3 trips). This is despite the weird configuration of T1 in which security is at the gates and T1 is older than the other terminals at CDG.

How are things? I see that most of the new 2023 discussions are about lounge access which is of course important.

But were there any enhancements made with Tax Free refund (using PABLO), rental car return, check-in lines, duty free shopping, etc. ?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
Thanks to hirohito888 for showing me this thread!

I for one am VERY GLAD that United has returned to T1 as my experience at T2 in 2022 was dreadful (for all 3 trips). This is despite the weird configuration of T1 in which security is at the gates and T1 is older than the other terminals at CDG.

How are things? I see that most of the new 2023 discussions are about lounge access which is of course important.

But were there any enhancements made with Tax Free refund (using PABLO), rental car return, check-in lines, duty free shopping, etc. ?
I flew into and out of CDG last week. For me, I absolutely hated the experience. Heading back to the US my bags were checked 3 hours before the flight. I walked on the plane with 5 minutes of boarding to spare. Total mess at the boarding pass check, the passport control line, and finally security. When I arrived into CDG, the passport control line was so backed up and so unorganized that our entire plane was stuck on a moving walkway with absolutely no where to go -- just piling into the people waiting for passport control. Not sure if it's always like that but that was my experience.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by zeus2120
I flew into and out of CDG last week. For me, I absolutely hated the experience. Heading back to the US my bags were checked 3 hours before the flight. I walked on the plane with 5 minutes of boarding to spare. Total mess at the boarding pass check, the passport control line, and finally security. When I arrived into CDG, the passport control line was so backed up and so unorganized that our entire plane was stuck on a moving walkway with absolutely no where to go -- just piling into the people waiting for passport control. Not sure if it's always like that but that was my experience.
Welcome to France

It CAN be like that but it is not always like that! I am hoping that things will improve with time, but who knows!
zeus2120 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.