Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Profiles to Use Secure Flight Name Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus Profiles to Use Secure Flight Name Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Darlox
UPDATE: After the last round of phone calls, UA updated my profile information to match my Nexus/GE profile, so I should _theoretically_ be able to continue to use PreCheck. However, when I went online to check, they had actually put my information in as:

First Name: [FirstName] [MiddleName]

NOT as:

First Name: [FirstName]
MiddleName: [MiddleName]

So I just called them back. I was just told that their system does not allow them to enter a full name in the "Middle Name" field -- only an initial. So if my full middle name needed to be in the profile, the way they do it is by putting both names in the "First Name" field, separated by a space.

First: Is this correct? Does anybody else with a full middle name in their profile have it created this way?? (Load your account, click Manage Profile, then Edit Traveler Information under the MileagePlus Member section, then Edit Traveler Details). How does your name appear, in terms of separation of first and middle?
Your making me feel sick LOL. I think they are wrong. It does show a separate field:
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wdrg
As an info point, the middle name field can still be left blank when booking a ticket.
I sure hope so. If not, I have no idea what I'd put there.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
*sorry hit quote instead of edit
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
I have all sorts of government ID's including:
My US DL's from two different states which have First Name, MI, Last Name (and yes, they are both legal);
§ 202(d)(6) of the Real ID Act prohibits having valid driving licenses from more than one state.

An exception, but short-lived, which would give you two valid state drivers licenses is a "Valid in Florida ONLY" drivers license from Florida if it was issued prior to Nov 1, 2009. Since that time, Florida no longer issues that type of license. When that license expires, one would need to choose which state to be licensed in.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Passport: [FirstName] [MiddleName] [Last-Name]
Global Entry: [FirstName] [Last-Name]
Drivers License: [FirstName] [MiddleInitial] [Last-Name]
Old UA Profile: [FirstName] [LastName]
New UA Profile: [FirstName] [MiddleInitial] [LastName]

Haha, ah well. I've run 100% on PreCheck. That better not change.

Is it easier to remove Middle Initial from a New York drivers license OR easier to add a Middle Initial to GE?

Last edited by anc-ord772; Jan 21, 2013 at 4:16 pm
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by astroflyer
I was presented with two entries that were exactly 100% the same. I do have a title (Dr.) in there, but both options were with titles. I even had my colleague come look to see if he could spot a difference, we thought maybe there might be a slight font difference (or that could just be staring at the screen too long).

Just for the record, I'm not the kind of doctor that helps people.
which did you choose, version 1 or 2
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I sure hope so. If not, I have no idea what I'd put there.
I've heard Uncle Sam in the past has made members of the military (1) use "NMI" as their middle name or (2) made them create one. (No personal knowledge here.)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Is it easier to remove Middle Initial from a New York drivers license OR easier to add a Middle Initial to GE?
Probably GE. I had them add my middle name to GE yesterday with no problem. Just needed to show them my passport and explain (and I had to do it in person at the enrollment center - won't let you change the name online).
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
So does this mean for a travel agent booking we now have no way to add in our TT number? Other than calling and hoping you get a competent agent?

Really...did we need another handicap?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
My two "Versions" are 100% the same. Since I am clearing precheck at a very high percentage, I feel like I am playing roulette here

UAINSIDER - Can you please tell us where the versions come from? example - could version 1 be from existing MP Account?

Which do I choose?

Version 1
Mr. xxxx xxx xxxxx
Date of Birth: x/15/19xx
Known Traveler
Number/Pass ID:
xxxx

Version 2
Mr. xxxx xxx xxxxx
Date of Birth: x/15/19xx
Known Traveler
Number/Pass ID:
xxxx

My reservations all have firstnamemiddilename (altogether) last name
I chose Option 1, and of course I had FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME all in the first name BOX.

i just called UA Mileage Plus and they assured me that this is the way you want it to read! FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME all in the first name box.

They said that United boarding passes still can only put first Initial on the BP
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, I wanted to let you know that this weekend we’ll be streamlining the way we ask for your name and ID information when booking with us. Up until now, we have allowed you to provide one name for your reservation (for most of you, this is the name on your MileagePlus account) and a different name to be transmitted to the TSA for Secure Flight verification. These two names didn’t always need to match – for example, you could be Bob Smith to match your MileagePlus account name, but Robert T Smith for Secure Flight to match your government issued ID.
There goes any chance that I might have ever used United ever again.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Himeno
There goes any chance that I might have ever used United ever again.
or any other US Airline.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wdrg
I've heard Uncle Sam in the past has made members of the military (1) use "NMI" as their middle name or (2) made them create one. (No personal knowledge here.)
Let's see how many riffs on 'tsacanbiteme' I can squeeze into a fake middle name.

Or, I could make them spell out 'nonmaskableinterrupt' and see what they say!

Last edited by dmurphynj; Jan 21, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I'm worried how this change will affect crediting to partner award programs.

On my Aeroplan account, my name is "First Last". On UA, I have no choice but to use "First Middle Last", since they want it to match my passport/global entry.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
which did you choose, version 1 or 2
Version 1...figured it was the safest choice for whatever reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.