Wiki Posts
Search

Will run out of GPU in Feburary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Will run out of GPU in Feburary

Looks I will meet 1k this year again, but will be painful given most of remaining year will be in international coach.
I heard there is a forum where people donte the unused GPU, can someone please tell me how to find it?

Also, will expect to be 1MM soon, by then will my companion get 6 GPU too?

Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by jjj0002
Looks I will meet 1k this year again, but will be painful given most of remaining year will be in international coach.
I heard there is a forum where people donte the unused GPU, can someone please tell me how to find it?

Thanks.
Why would your companion get 6 GPU?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lax2010
Why would your companion get 6 GPU?
He's thinking since they'll become 1K after he's a MM, they'd get the GPUs...but they don't.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Also, will expect to be 1MM soon, by then will my companion get 6 GPU too
You companion gets to share your status. Nothing else. No RPU/GPUs until he/she flies the required miles to earn them this calendar year.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I suggest you revise. A lot of elites (including 1Ks and GSs) are traveling in Y (including E+) for international.

This kind of whining here won't score you any sympathy but labeling as DYKWIA.

The FT Forum that deal with it is known as "The Coupon Connection".

Only those who has joined FT for 180 days or more (You are qualified) and posted 180 posts (You are not yet qualified) can have access. Otherwise, it is invisible to you (It is under "Community".)

"The Coupon Connection" is the most restrictive forum in FT. If you attempt to make up useless post to meet that quota, you will be banned.

BTW - GPUs from "The Coupon Connection" is not free as donation. In general, you must be willing trade off other travel items or points to exchange (Cash is strictly prohibited).

FWIW - GPUs are rarely donated for Karma...

It is an issue for a pending litigation . So until the litigation is resolved, no one knows.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by garykung
It is an issue for a pending litigation . So until the litigation is resolved, no one knows.
Is there some sort of litigation going on re getting 6 SWU's for a 1K sponsored spouse who hardly ever travels???
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Is there some sort of litigation going on re getting 6 SWU's for a 1K sponsored spouse who hardly ever travels???
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-united.html
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:26 am

I read the newspaper article and also the guys printed case is not visible anymore, but how does anyone figure that a gifted 1K status to a spouse or S/O deserves 6 free GPU's annually? My wife is a 1k because of me and flew 1258 miles in 2012. She didn't do 100K bis and didn't earn any GPU's. Besides screwing, this nice gift of status, totally up what is to be gained except to have UA terminate the entire gesture because of some idiot. A few of his points are very valid, but this spouse 1K thing isn't realistic if in fact he really is going after this particular issue, but I'm sure that others are peeing their pants hoping to get something out of this, and screwing it up for everyone else. I frankly don't see any printed facts supporting a case that this guy is suing because of a failure to gift a 1K spouse (that doesn't fly) 6 free GPU's annually!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I frankly don't see any printed facts supporting a case that this guy is suing because of a failure to gift a 1K spouse (that doesn't fly) 6 free GPU's annually!
As I said, it is a pending litigation, so anything can happen.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Thanks.
Not sure if you are aware, but when you cross the 150K PQM mark, you will receive an additional 2 GPUs...and 2 more for each additional 50K.

Also, you can use miles (plus cash) to upgrade in addition to your GPUs.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
I read the newspaper article and also the guys printed case is not visible anymore, but how does anyone figure that a gifted 1K status to a spouse or S/O deserves 6 free GPU's annually? My wife is a 1k because of me and flew 1258 miles in 2012. She didn't do 100K bis and didn't earn any GPU's. Besides screwing, this nice gift of status, totally up what is to be gained except to have UA terminate the entire gesture because of some idiot. A few of his points are very valid, but this spouse 1K thing isn't realistic if in fact he really is going after this particular issue, but I'm sure that others are peeing their pants hoping to get something out of this, and screwing it up for everyone else. I frankly don't see any printed facts supporting a case that this guy is suing because of a failure to gift a 1K spouse (that doesn't fly) 6 free GPU's annually!
If you are talking about the MM lawsuit, you dont see any printed facts about whatever the issues you mentioned above because it has nothing to do with that case. The case is not meant to screw anything up for anyone.

The case strictly involves PMUA MMilers and those who were close to it BEFORE the merger. Plain and simple. No SWUs for the sig other, etc.

How do I know? It's been talked about ad nauseum on here in two places.

UG
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
If you are talking about the MM lawsuit, you dont see any printed facts about whatever the issues you mentioned above because it has nothing to do with that case. The case is not meant to screw anything up for anyone.

The case strictly involves PMUA MMilers and those who were close to it BEFORE the merger. Plain and simple. No SWUs for the sig other, etc.

How do I know? It's been talked about ad nauseum on here in two places.

UG
+1
No where does it say anything in the suit about SWU's for MM companions. There is no pending litigation as far as I know about this. Anyone who has read the MM lawsuit would know that not only does it not mention SWU's for companions, but actually questions the whole companion benefit - the suit, as far as what I can tell just asks for what we were promised for years. The companion benefit itself is questioned as an unfair trade for what we were promised (maybe I'm reading to much into it)
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
One gets 6 SWUs for flying 100k miles, not for being 1k. One happens to qualify for 1k at the same time.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by garykung
As I said, it is a pending litigation, so anything can happen.
The lawsuit has nothing to do with companion GPU's and in fact has nothing to do with GPU's at all (you get them for flying not for being 1K, just happens that the same flying gets you both).

So, as to OP's question, unless UA changes the program for some reason, which it won't, your companion gets to share your perks but doesn't get his/her own unless s/he earns them separately. Even if the Chicago MM wins and gets everything he wants, this isn't part of what he's asking for.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
One gets 6 SWUs for flying 100k miles, not for being 1k. One happens to qualify for 1k at the same time.
Originally Posted by Often1
The lawsuit has nothing to do with companion GPU's and in fact has nothing to do with GPU's at all (you get them for flying not for being 1K, just happens that the same flying gets you both).

So, as to OP's question, unless UA changes the program for some reason, which it won't, your companion gets to share your perks but doesn't get his/her own unless s/he earns them separately. Even if the Chicago MM wins and gets everything he wants, this isn't part of what he's asking for.
I guess I look at it a little differently. 1Ks get 6 Systemwides Upgrades (now referred to as GPUs). So if you achieve 1K status, no matter how you get it, you should get all the benefits of that status, which would include 6 Systemwides.

But UA, excuse me, I mean CO, won't do that. They took the worst of both programs and put them together to form the new and improved MileagePlus program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.