Will run out of GPU in Feburary

Old Jan 20, 13, 6:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jjj0002 View Post
Looks I will meet 1k this year again, but will be painful given most of remaining year will be in international coach.
I heard there is a forum where people donte the unused GPU, can someone please tell me how to find it?

Also, will expect to be 1MM soon, by then will my companion get 6 GPU too?

Thanks.
Join the club. I will hit 1K this year at the end of Feb.

Last year I had 4 GPUs expiring so I used them on domestic flights. I will fly 150K miles this year in international coach.

At least there is E+ (not on LH or SG though).
Old Jan 20, 13, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
There are plenty of 1Ks that fly on international coach for many reasons. Sometimes the GPUs don't clear. Other times, 1K doesn't want to spend miles+copay on the upgrade after having used up all GPUs. At least you get complementary E+ which is better than sitting in E-.
Old Jan 21, 13, 6:02 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
Look for positive space on you preferred flights
Book metal with the most J seats
Try to fly midweek or non-peak times for that route
Try a different routing like EWR-IAD-NRT instead of EWR-NRT
Purchase a higher fare class for better upgrade priority

SunLover
+1. I have not always found R/O space on the "exact" flight / date. Want but if I'm a little flexible, I have always found flights I can upgrade into at time of booking. If I'm not flexible I have to buy C / F fares (its a win / win for both me & UA). They make it psbl to use my all 6 of my upgrades in the 12 month period but they also make it necessary to have to cough up a few full fares as well. (I imagine that's the kind of customer UA wants.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: