Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why can I no longer book a hotel award? (Living in Europe)

Why can I no longer book a hotel award? (Living in Europe)

Old Jan 18, 13, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Sent this question to Mileage Plus Jan 6th - no reply as yet. We have 3 accounts and booked hotel awards Summer '12 no problem. We are now prohibited from doing this as hotel and car awards are "Available to residents of the US, Puerto Rico and Guam only". Can anyone please advise? Have United flights booked for family of 6 to The US in April, and had hoped to book hotel awards. Many thanks.

Have since found a FT thread on this topic (and similar ineligibility for booking car awards). Question remains - why are we now excluded??

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 18, 13 at 12:39 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 19, 13, 4:56 am
Original Poster

This received from MP a few hours after my post

"Members who meet the qualification requirements may redeem miles for discounted or free car rentals in the U.S. and Canada and hotel stays worldwide on our Hotel and Car Awards page. Eligibility requires that members live in the 50 U.S., Puerto Rico or Guam and either have a Chase MileagePlus credit card or have Premier status".

We do not meet any of those 3 NEW eligibility requirements. Why the change??
Old Nov 14, 18, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by alison lee View Post
"Members who meet the qualification requirements may redeem miles for discounted or free car rentals in the U.S. and Canada and hotel stays worldwide on our Hotel and Car Awards page. Eligibility requires that members live in the 50 U.S., Puerto Rico or Guam and either have a Chase MileagePlus credit card or have Premier status".

We do not meet any of those 3 NEW eligibility requirements. Why the change??
Reviving this question, because I just like to know why??? Although a US citizen, I'm a temporary resident of South Africa for most of the year due to work requirements, but still return to the USA 3x a year for other work. Would like to understand better the apparent logic behind this stipulation.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: