Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 78 Plane change and seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
UA 78 Plane change and seat selection

Apparenty, CO is changing the plane from HKG to NRT in the near future. I am on this fight Feb 14. It is a 'Through Flight' continuing on to EWR. The first segment was a 738, The 1K agent I spoke to said he spoke to the airport and that they were changing the plane but did not know to what. Meanwhile, I am locked out of selecting a seat on the continuing NRT-EWR plane as well. My wife is on the same flight under a different conf# and does have assigned seats on both segments. Mine apparently disappeared and now I am in limbo. Any idea how long it takes to make these changes? IT appears the only thing that can be done is to check on line and/call UA daily?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I am sorry to hear about your situation.

I am excited to hear they might be changing the equipment between HongKong and Narita, and v.v. hoping it might be to a larger aircraft. I am, however, not holding my breath that this information is correct.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Vulcan
The 1K agent I spoke to said he spoke to the airport and that they were changing the plane but did not know to what.
This, I highly doubt. The airport has nothing to do with what plane type flights are on. Still shows on a 738 for Feb 14th.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
I'm on the same flight, and my seat assignments for that and associated flights are messed up as well. The CO plane does not have Economy Plus seating, and since the entire fleet has almost been converted, by guess is that the plane is being changed either to one that has EP, or to a different aircraft altogether.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
nope... still showing 737 for my flight in March.

besides, advance aircraft swaps, schedule changes usually do not happen mid week, new schedules are loaded friday night.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by bearwoody
I'm on the same flight, and my seat assignments for that and associated flights are messed up as well. The CO plane does not have Economy Plus seating, and since the entire fleet has almost been converted, by guess is that the plane is being changed either to one that has EP, or to a different aircraft altogether.
None of the Guam based 737s have E+ yet. They will be the last to receive E+ after all of the mainland ones get E+.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:02 pm

I'm on the HKG-NRT-IAH on 3/26. I look forward to any news and I'll keep my eye out. Thanks for the info. Safe Travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.