Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA SFO-IAH-PTY [14-Jan-2013] - A new low

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by channa
You can call and get the info. Old UA used to put it on the receipt and in the itin, but CO does not.

That said, this line of discussion should not be entertained at the airport and should be cut off quickly. It's irrelevant, you were in F, and that's all that matters.
The new UA lists the fare for each segments on the reservation not on the eTicket receipt. A recent revenue ticket listed this in the email:

Code:
Total Fare: $502.30/GA7KN/GA7KN/GA7KN/GA7KN/SA14KN/SA14KN
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
[disruptive remarks deleted by Moderator.]

sorry mitchmu. after reading this i can't believe i allowed myself to book yet another ticket on UA this past week. i promised myself up and down the rest of the year's bookings would be on anyone but UA.

please, please write the exec office about this. and include something about not only focusing on the issue at hand, but the larger problem with people being continually screwed over by UA in the last few weeks. it seems to be the rule rather than the exception lately.

not that Smi/J gets embarrased about ANYTHING, but if there was something to be embarrassed about this is it. did you get a look at who was in your supposed seat? any sign of shenanigans by baggage/tags/badges?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 14, 2013 at 2:58 pm Reason: Per FT Rules.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unavaca
The new UA lists the fare for each segments on the reservation not on the eTicket receipt. A recent revenue ticket listed this in the email:

Code:
Total Fare: $502.30/GA7KN/GA7KN/GA7KN/GA7KN/SA14KN/SA14KN
False.

under reservation, view receipt you get an html text of what you purchased, including purchased fare class. por ejemplo:

ay, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
XXX, XXJAN13 UA0786 K SACRAMENTO, CA
(SMF) 8:00 AM WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 3:59 PM A-319 Purchase
XXX, XXJAN13 UA6174 K WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 5:00 PM HARTFORD, CT
(BDL) 6:15 PM ERJ-145
Flight operated by EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC doing business as UNITED EXPRESS.
XXX, XXJAN13 UA3782 K HARTFORD, CT
(BDL) 2:25 PM WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 4:00 PM CRJ-700
Flight operated by MESA AIRLINES doing business as UNITED EXPRESS.
XXX, XXJAN13 UA0291 K WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 5:30 PM SACRAMENTO, CA
(SMF) 8:12 PM A-319 Dinner
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ddrost1
False.

under reservation, view receipt you get an html text of what you purchased, including purchased fare class. por ejemplo:
No, not false. You're referring to booking class / fare class, not the fare basis. The previous poster is correct - the reservation confirmation email (not eTicket) does appear to show the fare basis. On a recent one-way M class booking, the reservation email shows:

Total Fare: $422.90/MA0KYI
In small text at the end of the mail. The eTicket email just refers to M class.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by ddrost1
False.

ay, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
XXX, XXJAN13 UA0786 K SACRAMENTO, CA
(SMF) 8:00 AM WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 3:59 PM A-319 Purchase
XXX, XXJAN13 UA6174 K WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 5:00 PM HARTFORD, CT
(BDL) 6:15 PM ERJ-145
Flight operated by EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC doing business as UNITED EXPRESS.
XXX, XXJAN13 UA3782 K HARTFORD, CT
(BDL) 2:25 PM WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 4:00 PM CRJ-700
Flight operated by MESA AIRLINES doing business as UNITED EXPRESS.
XXX, XXJAN13 UA0291 K WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 5:30 PM SACRAMENTO, CA
(SMF) 8:12 PM A-319 Dinner
That's booking class, not fare class. When my upgrades with RPUs clear, that column changes to R for cleared segments.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by star_world
No, not false. You're referring to booking class / fare class, not the fare basis. The previous poster is correct - the reservation confirmation email (not eTicket) does appear to show the fare basis. On a recent one-way M class booking, the reservation email shows:

In small text at the end of the mail. The eTicket email just refers to M class.
my bad... withdrawn.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
This is even so bad that, even after three pages of replies, nobody has been able to think of anything to say in the airline's defence.

I guess this surpasses even the most pessimistic speculations about what might be the consequence of dumping the pmUA management at SFO and replacing them with pmCO talent. In a healthy company, somebody would monitor this thread and hold the station manager to account before sunset.
This was exactly my reaction after reading the entire thread. First time EVER no UA appologist has sided with UA. Of course, the credibility of the poster also impacts this.

Agreed, UA really messed up on this one.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Ua sfo-iah-pty [1/14] - a new low

But really, it is CO dba UA that created the nightmare. Namely PMCO systems and policies.

People got hosed on downguage on PMUA - but there was an established policy and logical paper trail. Here you have **** BPs and lousy paper trail.

Junk systems defeat good people
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:07 pm

SOP for a down gauge in equipment is very different than overselling a flight. The compensation is $150.00. I do believe that the OP stated that his flight was originally A320 and it was down gauged to A319.

SOP is that we run the oversale manager to see who has purchased a full F ticket, and who had been upgraded. SOP is that the full F ticket remains seated in F, while the others become downgraded or unseated in F.

We are also to ask for volunteers to give up their F seats for compensation and a refund in fare to the lower class of service. I have seen the compensation goes as high as $500 ETC.

If you are a volunteer, the DOT does require us to have you fill out the volunteer card and sign it. I would have to look up the DOT requirements if you are a "forced" downgrade due to a change in aircraft type.

I am very sorry that you were poorly handled at SFO.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
I realize I'm not the sharpest bulb in the drawer, but with the new upgrade system, what's the point in offering a Z fare at a much higher cost than a regular coach fare if the upgrade depends on space being available since that's how the coach fares work?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Javan69
I realize I'm not the sharpest bulb in the drawer, but with the new upgrade system, what's the point in offering a Z fare at a much higher cost than a regular coach fare if the upgrade depends on space being available since that's how the coach fares work?
Each of these planes have different number of F seats. When the airline is forced to substitute a small F cabin, in order to operate the flight, someone has to be "forced" to sit in the Y cabin.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
But really, it is CO dba UA that created the nightmare. Namely PMCO systems and policies.

People got hosed on downguage on PMUA - but there was an established policy and logical paper trail. Here you have **** BPs and lousy paper trail.

Junk systems defeat good people
The OP's experience should have been handled in this manner:
Lobby check in agent should have contacted the gate agents to seat OP into a Y seat. This is not an entry that lobby agents do since they not have control of the flight. Once the gate agent has downgraded the OP into Y, the lobby agent can re-print the OP's boarding pass to show seat assignment and the bar code.

The lobby agent should have discussed why the OP had been downgraded and directed the OP to see the gate agent for further information and possible re-seating (back into Y from any volunteers giving up their seats) and/or compensation (ETC).
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Ua sfo-iah-pty [1/14] - a new low

Thanks for clarifying

Per your earlier post, it would be surprising to hear that the a319 went out with 8 paid F passengers, since you said the system is to protect them first

Yet the OP who bought F was downgraded
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The OP was ticketed in F, and this smacks of IDB
Except for the part where there's no DB. He boarded despite arriving at the gate after closing time.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Thanks for clarifying

Per your earlier post, it would be surprising to hear that the a319 went out with 8 paid F passengers, since you said the system is to protect them first

Yet the OP who bought F was downgraded
I have no actual knowledge of how this flight was worked by the gate agents. I know how it is suppose to be worked by the gate agents.

Actual information, as to what happened on the UA side, is unknown at this time. One of the working gate agents would need to reply or UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.