Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase PQM for flights not bookable on United's website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody

Hi all, a couple of questions.

1) I seem to remember that Chase PQM (for MP Select card) was given for purchase on united.com only. Is that true or is it all UA purchases?

2) If #1 is true, how do I get PQM for a flight that is not bookable online? When I do round trip, it does not show the connection that I want. When I do one-way, it breaks the fare rules. When I do multi-city, it chokes completely and gives not results. Is it not a complex query (LAX-LHR-GVA, return, the reverse) however it does not work.

Advice?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Chase PQM for flights not bookable on .bomb?

On the select card, PQM is only available for United.com purchases, however, the 3x mile benefit Is for any UA purchase. This includes TA online purchases - such as from Orbitz, where UA issues the ticket and the statement shows United since they use their merchant account - and onboard purchases.

I know pre-merger UA purchases made through web support would earn the PQM as well, though not positive if this continues post merger. Probably worth a call, telling them the options you want aren't showing up online. That's also probably the only way to avoid the fee for booking on the phone.

Of course, have you tried searching as a multi-city booking - this may allow the website to bring up the specific flights you want and complete the purchase online.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Ok, that's too bad. I did try multi-city. It returned no results. Bad search engine. I went ahead and booked it by phone (with regular phone agent, not web support). I am annoyed that I won't get the PQM for it.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Concur that in the PM days, bookings by web support (shown as MAKATI CITY & PUNE MAHARAS ) also qualified for Chase PQM purchase credit. Have no idea if that is still true.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by emcampbe
On the select card, PQM is only available for United.com purchases, however, the 3x mile benefit Is for any UA purchase. This includes TA online purchases - such as from Orbitz, where UA issues the ticket and the statement shows United since they use their merchant account - and onboard purchases.

I know pre-merger UA purchases made through web support would earn the PQM as well, though not positive if this continues post merger. Probably worth a call, telling them the options you want aren't showing up online. That's also probably the only way to avoid the fee for booking on the phone.

Of course, have you tried searching as a multi-city booking - this may allow the website to bring up the specific flights you want and complete the purchase online.
Back in November, I purchased a United gift certificate using my MP Select Visa to earn enough PQMs to retain my status for 2013. It worked great. I also earned 3x award miles with the purchase. I suggest buying a gift certificate online for the amount needed, then using it to book over the phone. You should earn the PQMs that way.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Is this card still available?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
Is this card still available?
No it was discontinued last year along with the rest of the legacy UA cards.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by WIRunner
No it was discontinued last year along with the rest of the legacy UA cards.
Thought so but just wanted to double check, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.