Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post Your Favorite United Photos Here - Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Click here for instructions on how to imbed images. For the rules and guidelines for posting images, click here. Also, please avoid violating the copyright policies of other image-hosting sites, such as www.airliners.net or the privacy of other FT members (in general, please don't post a photo of another FTer without their permission). Finally, please do try and keep your image sizes down to as small as practical.
Print Wikipost

Post Your Favorite United Photos Here - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ziggy2
Found this old photo and scanned in this weekend to share. Took it while visiting the tower at the old Stapleton Airport in Denver with an ATC friend back in 1995.
The best livery of all time, United or otherwise. I miss that color scheme very much. Never liked that it was replaced with the battleship at the time and I remember that time. However, I'll take battleship over the crap we have now.

I miss our airline.

May you rise again.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA, TSA-Pre, Global Entry
Picture from The 101:
747 landing at SFO on the 1s.

narvik and Flyakite like this.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
MRY-SFO

JFK Terminal 7

Ground Ops LHR

DEN-LGA

Ground Ops DEN

747 @ SYD from SQ F Lounge

UA 1600 EWR-LAX

EWR UC

747 @ SFO

One of the last p.s. 3-class JFK-SFO

EWR-YUL

SYD-SFO

MRY-DEN

LHR

UC pre EWR-CDG

UC EWR w/ Tito's

Touchdown MRY-DEN

Crossing the Atlantic GF LHR-EWR
narvik likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
JVPhoto these are awesome! My favorite is the Tulip and crossbar T logo at JFK T7. Glad it's still there, too!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Spot the CO

p.s. JFK-LAX

p.s. JFK-SFO

EWR-YUL

LAX-SYD

Take off MRY-DEN

EWR

MRY-DEN

EWR-YUL
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sadly, neither still exist, but these used to be at the UA gates at LGA (taken March, 2006):

Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:06 pm

North Atlantic Clouds
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: General member, former 1P
Not a photo, exactly: I saw on my facebook feed that a baby nursing supply website was giving away a $250 United voucher. I clicked on the link and was amused to see the tulip used - in some detail! - in the graphic promoting the giveaway:

Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flavorflav
Not a photo, exactly: I saw on my facebook feed that a baby nursing supply website was giving away a $250 United voucher. I clicked on the link and was amused to see the tulip used - in some detail! - in the graphic promoting the giveaway:

Nice - smart ad, as it is iconic. Most companies don't give that up.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Newark Recently

Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:05 pm

Some of the most interesting UA/CO liveries are the ones which blend the paint schemes of more than one airline.

One of the earliest examples of this is this Douglas DC-6B (msn 44961) from the Continental fleet which was painted in a dual CO/UA paint scheme and used on the interchange route HOU-DAL-TUL-ICT-DEN-SLC-BOI-PDX-SEA jointly operated by Braniff, Continental, and United Airlines. Although all three airlines operated the aircraft, BN was not included in the painting.

This particular aircraft was later painted in a dual Continental/Air Micronesia paint scheme, seen here in Palau (note the Air Micronesia titles with the Continental ball):

Conversely, here us a photo of 727 with Continental titles with an Air Micronesia logo just behind the wing:

As Air Mike evolved - and Continental took full ownership from previous partner Aloha Airlines - a bleneded name emerged, Continental Micronesia Inc (IATA CS, ICAO CMI). That name is seen here on this 727:

Texas Air Corporation which owned Texas International Airline (IATA TI/ICAO TIA; formally Trans-Texas Airlines) and sister airline New York Air (IATA NY/ICAO NYA) purchased Continental Airlines in 1982. Three years later, Texas Air purchased People Express Airlines (IATA PE/ICAO PEX) and its subsidiaries Frontier Airlines (IATA FL), Brit Air (IATA RU), and Provincetown Boston Airlines (IATA PT/PBA). In 1987, TI, FL, and NY were merged into CO by their common owner. This resulted in CO/FL, CO/NY, and CO/PE blended liveries:

The joint venture between United Airlines and Air Canada provided this rare livery:

Continental/Emerald (Houston Proud) livery:

United Airlines/Atlas Air

The airline-within-an-airline movement spawned several liveries:

Continental Lite (to compete against Southwest and US Airways' Metrojet, itself an airline-within-airline attempt to compete against Southwest):

Continental West (to compete against PSA & AirCal):

Shuttle by United (to compete against the new Frontier)

Ted
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
SFO 777 Landing

Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Madone59
Definitely looks like it's taking off. No flaps down, seems to be toward the end of the runway and the attitude doesn't seem to be in a landing configuration.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by halls120
The Tulip lives on in Florence!

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Well, the Italians do have great style
Still alive and kicking in Italy: Naples this past weekend:

Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Flew OMA-DEN yesterday on UA3443 - an ERJ 170. Snapped this photo on approach to DEN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.