787 International Schedule/Routes 2013

Old Jan 3, 13, 3:16 pm
  #1  
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 17,585
787 International Schedule/Routes 2013

As it looks like that there is an international route with the 787 coming up. I thought it would be prudent to start a thread for that.

Let's post international routes here and continue to post domestic routes here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...52-26-oct.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
iluv2fly is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 3:22 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Posts: 12,348
Today, January 3, was he inaugural Los Angeles to Narita on the 787. There was no hoopla whatsoever.
zrs70 is online now  
Old Jan 3, 13, 3:52 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Programs: MYOB
Posts: 1,107
Article today in Flight Global reflecting some changes made to the start of service dates for 787 operations for three locations.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...-issues-380631


IAH- LOS push back a few weeks to "late January"
IAH-LHR pushed back from Feb 4 to March 1
IAH-AMS pushed back one day Feb 23 to Feb 24

LAX-PVG still sked for March 30
DEN-NRT still sked for March 31

LAX-NRT went OT this a.m. - full - Ship number 3902

Last edited by xzh445; Jan 3, 13 at 4:15 pm
xzh445 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 5:32 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Once Seattle...then DC....now CDG.
Posts: 4,059
Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
Today, January 3, was he inaugural Los Angeles to Narita on the 787. There was no hoopla whatsoever.
Surprised, usually there's at least something. Odd.

At any rate, looks to be half-way right now:
http://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL32
mymiles2go is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 6:09 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: KAUS
Programs: UA MM
Posts: 1,111
Hmmm... was pricing an itinerary AUS-JNB today for mid-February and am being offered the IAH-Lagos flight on the 787. Cool.

Connecting to South African in Lagos for the flight to JNB. Vice-versa on the way back.

Connect UA-SA in Lagos? Is this real? Or advisable?
perezoso is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 6:18 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 20,295
Originally Posted by perezoso View Post
Connect UA-SA in Lagos? Is this real? Or advisable?
Somebody posted about doing this (within the past year IIRC), and highly, highly recommended against doing it ever again
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 6:37 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Posts: 6,525
Originally Posted by perezoso View Post
Hmmm... was pricing an itinerary AUS-JNB today for mid-February and am being offered the IAH-Lagos flight on the 787. Cool.

Connecting to South African in Lagos for the flight to JNB. Vice-versa on the way back.

Connect UA-SA in Lagos? Is this real? Or advisable?
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Somebody posted about doing this (within the past year IIRC), and highly, highly recommended against doing it ever again
ditto this. Last place in the world I would ever interline is any african airport. Getting stranded in Lago is a VERY VERY BAD IDEA. Either take the direct flight to JSB changing in JFK or IAD or go to LHR or FRA and change there.
spin88 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 13, 6:48 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,797
Originally Posted by spin88 View Post
ditto this. Last place in the world I would ever interline is any african airport. Getting stranded in Lago is a VERY VERY BAD IDEA. Either take the direct flight to JSB changing in JFK or IAD or go to LHR or FRA and change there.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...f-you-can.html
edcho is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 12:50 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Posts: 234
IAH - LHR Dreamliner Flights

I'm going from IAH to LHR in February. Can somebody please tell me which flights are on the 787?
Materdei is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 12:56 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CLE
Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Posts: 3,880
I see no 787 flights in this market in February but flight 34 is a 787 on March IAH-LHR.
buckeyefanflyer is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 2:58 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL (ORD), Phoenix AZ (PHX)
Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Posts: 5,176
I was told by a 1K desk agent today that the 787 international deployment is oh hold. I assume because of the recent issues.
gfowler-ord-1k is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 3:02 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern Calif./Eastern Ida.
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 16,942
Originally Posted by mymiles2go View Post
Surprised, usually there's at least something. Odd.

At any rate, looks to be half-way right now:
http://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL32
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k View Post
I was told by a 1K desk agent today that the 787 international deployment is oh hold. I assume because of the recent issues.


akin to the lack of external hooplah, apparently they didn't send an internal memo either
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 3:25 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 594
Originally Posted by Materdei View Post
I'm going from IAH to LHR in February. Can somebody please tell me which flights are on the 787?
There aren't any, unfortunately. I was booked on the 787 IAH-LHR in late February, and a few weeks ago the plane was switched to a 764.
lindaiah is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 3:27 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,747
yikes... LAX-NRT cancelled on Jan.7, and 5 hour delay yesterday...
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 3:30 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: One Pass
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
yikes... LAX-NRT cancelled on Jan.7, and 5 hour delay yesterday...
Left on time today.
Cbmaz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: