Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Had an acquaintance give me a one day pass for my flight next month. I may need to get some work done while on a 3hr layover. Looks like I will be arriving at F and leaving from C. I think my plan is going to be to hit the club in F, get some work done while snacking and watching planes. I saw a post upthread that F does not have a coke Freestyle machine, is that still true? What is available for soft drinks in F? Is there another club in either B or C where you can planewatch and that does have one?
Soft drinks in F from the bar. All the clubs in B and C have freestyle machines. Plane watch either in F or C.

David
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
B6>B18>F>C.
I stick by that - until the new big C club opens!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
No self serve soda means F is the worst in my book. Why havent they fixed such a simple issue by now?
sobore and tcdtcd like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Had an acquaintance give me a one day pass for my flight next month. I may need to get some work done while on a 3hr layover. Looks like I will be arriving at F and leaving from C. I think my plan is going to be to hit the club in F, get some work done while snacking and watching planes. I saw a post upthread that F does not have a coke Freestyle machine, is that still true? What is available for soft drinks in F? Is there another club in either B or C where you can planewatch and that does have one?
Planewatching is the best at the F club, it has a wide, expansive view of the apron and runways. Non stop conga line of planes landing and taxiing back. C16 viewing is limited due to jetbridge on the left and widebody plane on the right, but if you want to see a 777/787 getting loaded it's cool. B6 and B18 have no views of the runways.

This picture reminded me, does anyone know the story on why the equipment at this particular gate is painted pink?

ORD United Club C16 sunset photo
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by paule123; Sep 17, 2022 at 7:38 pm
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paule123
Planewatching is the best at the F club, it has a wide, expansive view of the apron and runways. Non stop conga line of planes landing and taxiing back. C16 viewing is limited due to jetbridge on the left and widebody plane on the right, but if you want to see a 777/787 getting loaded it's cool. B6 and B18 have no views of the runways.

This picture reminded me, does anyone know the story on why the equipment at this particular gate is painted pink?

img
ORD United Club C16 sunset photo
It's a breast cancer awareness effort (not certain which org partnering — Komen I think?). Not unique to that location.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Is there any update on when the new C club will open? I thought I heard November, but Im not sure where or if thats true anymore.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Is there any update on when the new C club will open? I thought I heard November, but Im not sure where or if thats true anymore.
See ten posts up: tentatively January.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:08 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Is there any update on when the new C club will open? I thought I heard November, but I’m not sure where or if that’s true anymore.
At a point it was October, then November, last I heard (from lounge contract staff) is January. They really need the space on the average travel day now so hopefully that won't slip again.

Here to update my own note that they're now trying to get the new C club opened before Christmas. Anyone who wants to make a market in that I'm 5:1 for before and 1:2 for after.
dinoscool3 likes this.

Last edited by LIH; Oct 5, 2022 at 7:10 am
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Friday morning at ORD and the airport is jammed pack. My flight is departing B17 and despite the chaos in the airport found this club relatively calm - without long lines for food (breakfast tacos). Easy to get seats or sit at bar.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Friday morning at ORD and the airport is jammed pack. My flight is departing B17 and despite the chaos in the airport found this club relatively calm - without long lines for food (breakfast tacos). Easy to get seats or sit at bar.
Totally agree with you. B18 Club is much quieter than the other UCs. I can actually be productive there for a long period of time.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: UA MM
Has anyone been able to make heads or tales out of the comment from someone on the DL SkyClub staff that UA will be taking over the now vacated SC at T2? The current UC basically sits on top of the former SC. Only two things I can think of: the airport wants the space where the current UC is and is willing to move UA down one floor or... UA wants access to the UC from both the E and F sides of T2 so people don't have to go down that dreadful connecting corridor (especially since it's been reported UA is taking over some of the former DL gates on E).
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
My experience is that club gets busiest in the afternoon with the Europe-bound widebodies leaving from that end of the concourse.

My spouse said something funny about how she remembers the clubs at ORD:
B6 - Big
B18 - Basement
C - Cluster
F - Favorite

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 23, 2022 at 3:48 pm
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Has anyone been able to make heads or tales out of the comment from someone on the DL SkyClub staff that UA will be taking over the now vacated SC at T2? The current UC basically sits on top of the former SC. Only two things I can think of: the airport wants the space where the current UC is and is willing to move UA down one floor or... UA wants access to the UC from both the E and F sides of T2 so people don't have to go down that dreadful connecting corridor (especially since it's been reported UA is taking over some of the former DL gates on E).
I believe UA will be taking over the former SC space to expand the F club in some measure. No other details though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by EWR764
I believe UA will be taking over the former SC space to expand the F club in some measure. No other details though.
That would be a nice addition, but isn't T2 getting torn down to make room for the new fancy terminal in some relatively near future?
LIH likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by legalalien
That would be a nice addition, but isn't T2 getting torn down to make room for the new fancy terminal in some relatively near future?
Maybe, but from the 'vision statements' I've seen, I don't think it's in coming the near future (within 5 years). The new T1 is supposed to be finished before anything happens to T2.

And given the placement of the vacated SC, I think relatively speaking it wouldn't be too expensive to expand into it. The extra space would be well used, at least per my most recent F club experiences.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.