Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was surprised to see the flight assistance area of B6 still walled off and no help available. Thought they reversed course on this and were going to staff the United Clubs?
The temp door was open so you could see inside, and the counter setup is still intact, including the chairs.
​​​​​​
​​​​​The wall was down and the area was staffed with agents when I stopped by last Tuesday. Apparently that happened about 10 days ago.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by legalalien
​​​​​​
​​​​​The wall was down and the area was staffed with agents when I stopped by last Tuesday. Apparently that happened about 10 days ago.
Yes, thanks. I saw that reported in a different thread as well. Good news!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:07 am

Is the remodeled C lounge open yet?

Answering my own question. No, it is still the small lounge. New one not yet opened.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 14, 2022 at 2:59 pm Reason: merged consecutive / update posts by same member
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold / HH Diamond / National EEE
Apparently, early morning thunderstorms sent ripples of delays throughout the day at ORD today (July 24). Thanks to the UA policy of not updating delay status until the last possible minute, when my flight finally arrived at ORD I was very hungry and concerned that I would not have much time to get something to eat. I decided to grab something at the B clubs, as the meatballs had been a very satisfying option when I passed through two weeks ago.

My first option at ORD is always B6 - I have lots of memories from pre-COVID times of this club having the best food options - eggs for breakfast, pasta for lunch, all of it at least decent with a bit of extra hot sauce. But the weather delays left O'Hare with more people than seats, and when I got to the B6 club at 1400, there was a line a dozen people deep, something I had never encountered before. I decided to try my luck at the B18 club - historically smaller and with less food options, but still better than the C club.

B18 was less crowded but still very full. I was disappointed to see that the only hot food options were soup - on the warming tray where the meatballs had been on my last visit to B18 two weeks ago, sat the tray of brownies and cookies (warmer was turned off). Chicken-lemon-orzo soup was still good as always, but the tomato tortilla soup left my tongue feeling like I had licked a spoonful of Crisco. A couple of dings on my phone told me I had notifications from United, and, lo and behold, my connecting flight had been pushed back, this time claiming a maintenance issue.

With a little extra time and an empty belly, I decided to try my luck in search of a little better food spread and returned to B6 and found no line in the terminal. Upon climbing the (non-functioning) escalator, I discovered that while the entry was quick, finding a seat would take some time. B6 was packed, and it was hard to tell which seats were occupied but currently up to get food or drinks thanks to the number of half-empty glasses left around everywhere.

But considerations of seating and crowding are not the purpose of this post. My main purpose of the clubs is food, and to my horror I discovered that B6 was serving the same items as B18 - two options of cold sandwiches - a veggie wrap or a pretzel bun looking cold cut thing, two soups, tired salad, and cookies or brownies.

Oh, how I thought that the meatballs from my previous pass through ORD were a sign of improvement on the hot food front! The photos I have seen from other clubs lead me to believe a return to normalcy was around the corner! Even the breakfast options at the small club at SAN three weeks ago were better than what I found in my two attempts to get decent food at a UC so close to corporate headquarters.

In days gone by, my ranking at ORD was B6, F, B18, and C, based on seating, food, and atmosphere. I haven't been to the F club in two years, but right now I see no difference in the F&B between B6 and B18, and the crowding issue puts me slightly more in favor of B18.

There was a time when I took a little bit of pride in the UC. I thought it was a treat taking my family on an unexpected visit the clubs when we had a connection, or convincing our company's travel coordinator to hook up an overseas colleague with a UC pass for their layover at ORD when they were heading back to BRU. But anymore, at least at ORD (and DEN), if I am travelling with someone else, I will skip the UC. The fact that I have a membership makes me feel compelled to stop in when I travel solo, but it is no longer something that I feel is worth sharing to make my traveling companions feel as if it is a special experience.
mdtakamine likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by DNAWilly
My main purpose of the clubs is food, and to my horror I discovered that B6 was serving the same items as B18 - two options of cold sandwiches - a veggie wrap or a pretzel bun looking cold cut thing, two soups, tired salad, and cookies or brownies.

Oh, how I thought that the meatballs from my previous pass through ORD were a sign of improvement on the hot food front!
There were meatballs in the B6 club yesterday (7/23) at about 5 pm, so maybe just a bad day in the club due to two consecutive days of storms around Chicago. It was pretty crowded in the club yesterday and took a bit of work to find a good place to sit.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ms_go
There were meatballs in the B6 club yesterday (7/23) at about 5 pm, so maybe just a bad day in the club due to two consecutive days of storms around Chicago. It was pretty crowded in the club yesterday and took a bit of work to find a good place to sit.
Are there bad places to sit in B6?

David
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Are there bad places to sit in B6?

David
Yes, definitely. By "good" I should have said seats for two where I had access to a power outlet for my computer.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, definitely. By "good" I should have said seats for two where I had access to a power outlet for my computer.
Ah - got it. Personally, I'd use the high tops in the middle section more but they keep the TVs on way too loud. Tables next to the back bar and food have no power.

David
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
In the B6 UC now. Did something change with agent on demand and the associated club walls that I missed? Am I the first to see this?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapelle621
In the B6 UC now. Did something change with agent on demand and the associated club walls that I missed? Am I the first to see this?
removing service agents from clubs? New direction: combo in-person / virtual agents

David
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I think s/he meant that until recently this area was literally walled off. UA removed the wall…perhaps they could bro figure out what to do with the area?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
It's been discussed upthread.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I think s/he meant that until recently this area was literally walled off. UA removed the wall…perhaps they could bro figure out what to do with the area?
Originally Posted by legalalien
It's been discussed upthread.
Yes, the walls came down late June, and the area is usually staffed now. See the thread DELee linked for discussion.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: DL, AS, UA, AA
F club hands down best for a nap

Came off a sleepless red eye from LAX exacerbated by a broken Polaris seat on a 787-10 (FA had to pull cushions out to pull some manual releases to make it go flat or sit up).

So after loading up on powdered eggs from B6, crawled to F club to find a spot on the long cushioned bench in the left corner for a blissful power nap. Apologies to the sparse morning business people if you heard any snoring.
mdtakamine and LIH like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:06 pm

Plenty of meatballs on 8/3 as well, well into the evening and with half a board full of cancellations. Plus two actual agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.