Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old May 25, 2024, 8:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Cornelia
How is the United Lounge at Oíhare in Chicago? Does it have a good selection of food and are there quiet places in the lounge or is it extremely busy?

Iíve frequented the American Airlines lounges several times there but not United in several years.
I find C and E being the most crowded. I resort to B6 since itís right next to pre check.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 1:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Platinum, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Originally Posted by Cornelia
How is the United Lounge at Oíhare in Chicago? Does it have a good selection of food and are there quiet places in the lounge or is it extremely busy?

Iíve frequented the American Airlines lounges several times there but not United in several years.
AA flyer here also. Interlined by AA on UA recently and went to UA lounge scheduled to close (as shown in UA app) at 9 pm. I arrived at 5:58 pm and the workers were telling the guests in front of me "no, all closed, food put up, everything... go to..." place way too far for me to walk at that point (for various reasons). I was really irritated. So no feedback on the lounge itself, but I found the difference between AA and UA--terminals even, surprising, especially since ORD is UA's home. I hope you arrive at a better time! (Or are flying Polaris) I do hear people like the food better.
Old May 26, 2024, 7:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
AA flyer here also. Interlined by AA on UA recently and went to UA lounge scheduled to close (as shown in UA app) at 9 pm. I arrived at 5:58 pm and the workers were telling the guests in front of me "no, all closed, food put up, everything... go to..." place way too far for me to walk at that point (for various reasons). I was really irritated.
Which lounge was this and what access method were you using? They may have not been allowing those with Chase one time passes (OTP) and those are labelled as space availaible. I have never encountered what you describe.
rflor likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 11:30 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Which lounge was this and what access method were you using? They may have not been allowing those with Chase one time passes (OTP) and those are labelled as space availaible. I have never encountered what you describe.
Agreed. Only thing like that would have been during the height of COVID. Or maybe something like a burst pipe or inspection?
Old May 27, 2024, 9:47 pm

Visited F lounge today

moderately packed

had chicken tortellini. Also had salad and garden vegetable soup.

tea and hot water available

bar is pretty convenient
Old Jun 13, 2024, 12:07 pm

What's the latest (since 2021) on ORD United Clubs?

I canceled my United Club membership in 2021 when work-related travel ground to a halt. Things are slowly picking up for me (and I'm flying overseas tomorrow with a connection in O'Hare) so I was wondering what the United Club scene looks like these days. I'm a Million-Miler so have lounge access tomorrow.

Have any of the lounges been updated in the past three years? It looks like the hot mess that was the C19-ish lounge might have been addressed with a new C lounge? Any other suggestions? I've got a couple hours so maybe I should hop around.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 13, 2024, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by science_guy
Have any of the lounges been updated in the past three years? It looks like the hot mess that was the C19-ish lounge might have been addressed with a new C lounge? Any other suggestions? I've got a couple hours so maybe I should hop around.
Yes, the C16 club was closed and replaced by a new C10 club. I'll update the wiki in a bit.
science_guy likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje (Post # 276) (November 2023)
Curious happenings at B18 Club: posted hours says close at 10:00p, which works nicely for the LH flight going out from there. Polaris lounge closing at 9:00p, agents advise go over to B18 Club which will be open until 10:00p. . . .
Next month I will be flying UA ORD-HND. Do those flights generally leave out of Terminal 1, Concourse B or out of Terminal 5?

If the latter, as a lifetime United Club member, I suppose I could always check out the Scandinavian Airlines System (SK) Business Lounge while SK is still in the Star Alliance (*A).
Old Jun 14, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Always T1. And youíre really not missing anything as most of the T5 lounges are terrible (except the new DL SC apparently).
Old Jun 14, 2024, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Next month I will be flying UA ORD-HND. Do those flights generally leave out of Terminal 1, Concourse B or out of Terminal 5?

If the latter, as a lifetime United Club member, I suppose I could always check out the Scandinavian Airlines System (SK) Business Lounge while SK is still in the Star Alliance (*A).
That is always T1 with both UA and NH, although I think it may be more common for it to be in concourse C, where as just discussed there is also a United Club. Moot, but I believe the SK lounge would not yet be open at that time of the morning. So you can enjoy the United Club.

edit: oops, I see I used a lot more words to say about the same as the above.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 9:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
As I was scanning my boarding pass to enter the lounge in concourse C, the attendant asked me if I actually wanted to go to the Polaris lounge instead. Any reason why? My boarding pass had the text "Premier Access" on it, and I was just using OTP from my Explorer card. Should I have jumped at that opportunity to go to Polaris???
Old Jun 18, 2024, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Unless you were on a Polaris fare you wouldn't have made it in. They're really good about policing PL access and turning people away. The UC attendant was confused.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dx3003
As I was scanning my boarding pass to enter the lounge in concourse C, the attendant asked me if I actually wanted to go to the Polaris lounge instead. Any reason why? My boarding pass had the text "Premier Access" on it, and I was just using OTP from my Explorer card. Should I have jumped at that opportunity to go to Polaris???
The agent probably misread the OTP scanning prompts and thought it was the Polaris prompt.

For certainty, what airline and route were you flying?
Old Jun 18, 2024, 10:16 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by fumje
The agent probably misread the OTP scanning prompts and thought it was the Polaris prompt.

For certainty, what airline and route were you flying?
UA ORD to BOS
Old Jun 18, 2024, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dx3003
UA ORD to BOS
Definitely agent misregistered something. You wouldn't have been let in to Polaris.

Bright side: no random windfall missed.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.