Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:12 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Well, if the flights you want are partner flights, you have to switch to flights that there is availability on as United can't open up space on partners, which might reduce your options somewhat. Otherwise, they are pretty much what noah listed above.

You could also get a refund of the taxes and miles without penalty and book something else if you wanted, although that can't get you the flight you originally were booked on anyways.

Also, your flights are 7-8 months in the future, so schedules and availability can and will change between now and then, so if there's nothing you like now, you can afford to wait a bit to see if better flights will open up.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by noah
Looks like they dropped the nonstop on Mondays.

You have 2 options
1) Move to a day earlier (the nonstop is available on the 29th)
2) Choose from any number of connecting options that are available either in North America (Boston, Montreal, Washington) or in Europe (Frankfurt, Lisbon, Paris, Amsterdam) and take a connection.

If it were me, I'd probably take the connection in Boston.
Thanks. The main issue with the Europe flight is that my sister was booked on the same flight and is now on another flight arriving at 8:55am. Boston flight gets me in two hours later. Which would suck for them to have to wait around for us.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NatasNJ
Thanks. The main issue with the Europe flight is that my sister was booked on the same flight and is now on another flight arriving at 8:55am. Boston flight gets me in two hours later. Which would suck for them to have to wait around for us.
You should be able to get onto similar flights as hers. Call United, this should be an easy option:

USAirways 700
Depart: 4:25 p.m.
Mon., Sep. 30, 2013
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Arrive: 6:15 a.m. +1 Day
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Flight Time:
7 hr 50 mn

Flight: LH1184
Depart: 8:00 a.m.
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Arrive: 8:55 a.m.
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Flight Time: 55 mn
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Or, have your sister call up and get rerouted the same way you were (LX).
Why fly an American carrier TATL when you have a choice?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:18 pm

I'm flying a redeye SEA-MSY via IAH in May. My original schedule had a 53 minute connection in IAH, after schedule changes the connection is now 32 minutes. Not a huge change, but now I'm concerned about being able to make my connecting flight, especially if there are delays on the originating flight. There are multiple flights from IAH-MSY if I miss the connection, but since it's the weekend of the New Orleans Jazz Festival, I'm wondering if they'll be full. Will United let me move to an earlier flight out of SEA without a fee?

thanks in advance
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dcw74
I'm flying a redeye SEA-MSY via IAH in May. My original schedule had a 53 minute connection in IAH, after schedule changes the connection is now 32 minutes. Not a huge change, but now I'm concerned about being able to make my connecting flight, especially if there are delays on the originating flight. There are multiple flights from IAH-MSY if I miss the connection, but since it's the weekend of the New Orleans Jazz Festival, I'm wondering if they'll be full. Will United let me move to an earlier flight out of SEA without a fee?

thanks in advance
If you call UA now, they should move you to another flight. Have your preferred reroute flt #s in hand before calling. You might want to consider routing through ORD instead of IAH.

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Feb 5, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
If you call UA now, they should move you to another flight. Have your preferred reroute flt #s in hand before calling. You might want to consider routing through ORD instead of IAH.
Called and was able to move to an earlier flight without an additional fee. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
UA impossible schedule change

Booked a long Memorial Day weekend in PDX courtesy of the $193 MR special from IAD. (At $193 for 6,091 PQM or 3.17 CPM, how could I resist?)

Logged into UA today and found this hilarious schedule change.

Scheduling me on a flight IAD-SFO that arrives after my connection SFO-PDX departs? I believe that's commonly called FAIL.

Called the UA Premier Priority Desk. The agent initially offered to reroute me through EWR but I refused. Ended up with a new earlier flight IAD-SFO.

Mods: if you believe this should go somewhere else, please move it. Thanks.

Last edited by vandrei; Feb 6, 2013 at 12:29 am Reason: added cpm
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
For a moment there, I thought that your PDX-IAD flight was a n/s on a CRJ-200. The schedule part, you should/did fix. A CRJ from PDX to IAD would be supremely nasty. I'm assuming somewhere further down that page is a LAX-IAD red eye.

David

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 6, 2013 at 3:48 am Reason: removed image
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
When I see things like that, I wait until it gets closer to the DOD (or at least the upgrade window) before making a change that works. If I need to cancel for whatever reason, and especially if it's for a MR, I like to have the flexibility. Sometimes the schedule change will put you in that situation.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by njcommodore
When I see things like that, I wait until it gets closer to the DOD (or at least the upgrade window) before making a change that works. If I need to cancel for whatever reason, and especially if it's for a MR, I like to have the flexibility. Sometimes the schedule change will put you in that situation.
While this is true, CO's business process sends egregious changes like this to the a back office, where a team of schedule change gremlins work through them.

If they can find something, they will simply rebook you on it and send you an email.

Now since you didn't accept it, you still have your rights, but it will appear "accepted" in their system since someone cleared it up. Additionally, if you had any space you really wanted/needed, they may have given it up (e.g., a confirmed upgrade in F on a transcon).

All of this is recoverable, but it just adds to the complexity of the call. And with some of the CO agents I've spoken with, their aptitude to understand and facilitate a resolution on complex matters is quite poor, that the less complexity in the call, the better. Not to mention, the mentality that it's okay to say "There's nothing I can do." I had a CO agent the other day try to get me to accept a schedule change that took a 3-hour connection and turned it into a 2-day connection. Thank god for the redial button.

Bottom line, it can be easier to work it out with lots of red on the screen before someone in the back office accepts it on your behalf.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Did you change your return and get out of the CRJ200 from PDX-LAX? Well I guess it does say you get 1 Meal so maybe it's worth it in the end
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP called UA and they gave him what he asked for. Always been the case that carriers, including UA, typically offer whatever pops up on the screen because 99% of the traveling public just accepts it. Anytime you do call in, best to start with your proposal.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
OP called UA and they gave him what he asked for. Always been the case that carriers, including UA, typically offer whatever pops up on the screen because 99% of the traveling public just accepts it. Anytime you do call in, best to start with your proposal.
Its a great way to end up on those flights that were too expensive to purchase. And at times was able to even change the day of my flights.

The computer simply puts anything down and doesnt check to see if its even possible to fly or if its an illegal connection due to to little time between flights
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:52 am

Can I get peoples opinion on these two flights.

USAirways 700
Depart: 4:25 p.m.
Mon., Sep. 30, 2013
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Flight: LH1184
Depart: 8:00 a.m.
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Arrive: 8:55 a.m.
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013

or

LH427
Depart: 5:35 p.m.
Mon., Sep. 30, 2013
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Flight: LX1069
Depart: 8:55 a.m.
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
Arrive: 9:45 a.m.
Tue., Oct. 1, 2013

The advantage of the 2nd flight is I should be able to upgrade to Business class for only 20k miles per person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.