Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thanks United - Positive Experiences in the air and on the ground 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks United - Positive Experiences in the air and on the ground 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
SFO-KOA this week. A legacy CO 757 with a CO crew - no announcement but the CO scarf is a dead giveaway. I wasn't sure what to expect.

I was seated in economy. Before departure, one of the FAs stopped by, introduced herself by name, thanked me for my loyalty and said "If there's anything you want please ask me". That's pretty unusual IME, and a nice gesture. The FA crew were present in the cabin and helpful throughout the flight. I missed the Halfway to Hawaii game & channel 9 though.

Thanks H***** for making this flight stand out. ^
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:35 pm

Sorry this may not be the right place for this but has anyone received comp for directtv not working in 2013?

Just got on a flt with dtv not working at the purser sounds as though he has no interest in submitting it to whatever the UA appreciation service is these days.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:53 am

Had a good experience with UA IRROPS yesterday. I was flying BWI-EWR on a Q200 and EWR-ATL on an E145 with a 58-min connection. About an hour before departure, the inbound for BWI-EWR was running about 30 min late and my flight was about 10 min behind. UA had already protected me on a later EWR-ATL (in F on an E170...Y was full).

Unfortunately, the inbound for my original EWR-ATL had mx delays in YUL so I figured I'd try and go DL on the BWI-ATL nonstop. Gate agent at BWI couldn't help so I called the 1K line and the rep put me on hold to see if she could do it. I was on hold about 15 min and my BWI-EWR boarded so I couldn't wait any longer so I hung up and boarded. I could see the DL BWI-ATL added to my PNR, but wasn't sure if it was ticketed.

When I got to EWR, saw the later EWR-ATL flight would leave before the earlier one and called the 1K line to confirm my seat on the later flight. Phone rep was great and no issues. Flight wound up being oversold but departed on time.

Had I stayed at BWI, I could have probably gotten on the DL nonstop, but even going through EWR, I arrived in ATL only about 90 min late.

^ to UA.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Nice flight from ORD to IAD today. Upgrade cleared at T-26, FA greeted by name and all the flight crew were very pleasant and seemed to enjoy what they were doing!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Club/Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
This is by no means a big one - but sometimes it's the little things.. I had an exceedingly friendly and helpful CS agent when I called the premier line this afternoon. I called to double-check about my wait-listed upgrade for an upcoming flight, and before I could even get my full question out, she was offering to check into about five different things for me, offering suggestions and discussing various scenarios, etc.

I had a second question about adding in my TT number to a few existing reservations since I recently got GE and while at first she said she'd never done it before, she was more than willing to figure it out - and she did. Only wish I had gotten her name! And, wish I could get her every time..
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Prompted to speak to a person rather than machine today!

I approached the automated machine today to find a line 4 people deep. The concierge working the lobby greeted me with a warm hello and suggested I could speak with a live agent rather than wait in line.

The agent couldn't have been nicer. It was a welcome change from using a machine.

When I left, the concierge smiled and asked if everything went ok.

It was a great experience!

I only wish it were like this more often when checking in with UA. This story is from my making a deposit today at Wells Fargo!

Last edited by zrs70; Mar 19, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by zrs70
I approached the automated machine today to find a line 4 people deep. The concierge wirking the lobby greeted me with a warm hello and suggested I could speak with a live agent rather than wait in line.

The agent couldn't have been nicer. It was a welcome change from using a machine.

I only wish it were like this more often when checking in with UA. This story is from my making a deposit today at Wells Fargo!

Even the big banks are giving better CS than the airlines...especially UA!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
In all fairness, when I check in with a human at UA, the experience is usually very pleasant. It's getting to a live agent which is the hard part!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zrs70
I approached the automated machine today to find a line 4 people deep. The concierge working the lobby greeted me with a warm hello and suggested I could speak with a live agent rather than wait in line.

Here in DEN, the kiosks at the 1K line are perpetually turned off. I asked about this once and was told they want to help people in person.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Pre-Landing Towel Service in F

So yesterday morning, IAH-DCA F 710 am departure, about 15 minutes before landing FA comes through offering a "refresher" hot towel service! I couldn't believe it. First time ever for me on CO/UA. This was a PMUA crew (A319) so maybe it was/is common on UA (my PM experience was almost all CO, being IAH-based). Nice touch. The same FA also thanked me by name as I deplaned. Another nice touch! Maybe Jeff's new mantra of customer service is not just marketing drivel.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
Here in DEN, the kiosks at the 1K line are perpetually turned off. I asked about this once and was told they want to help people in person.
Interesting. Now I'm only a plat, and based at an out station, but my experience, at least at CVG, even in the PMUA days, is that even when walking up to an agent, they would always refer you to the chicken. Not helpful, especially when I fly to Canada in the days when the passport scanners were new and never working. If I try to explain that I would just need to see them, they still insisted I try the machine anyway. What do you know within 60 seconds if be back at the desk.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Overall amazing service last night UA 818 EZE-IAH

Flight was initially delayed 30-45 mins due to inbound aircraft (12 hour delay). Then we had a mechanical issue once we boarded. Initially, no big deal. But as time went by, I knew we were approaching time out.

Crew served snacks. Drinks. And we're beyond friendly letting us know that things were being taken care of. The captain came out and stopped by each row and spoke to everyone in BF about the situation.

We ended up taking off within 8 minutes of the crew timing out.

3 hours late. But a great flight.

Kudos to this PMUA crew. (Especially Kelly!)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Flight was initially delayed 30-45 mins due to inbound aircraft (12 hour delay). Then we had a mechanical issue once we boarded. Initially, no big deal. But as time went by, I knew we were approaching time out.

Crew served snacks. Drinks. And we're beyond friendly letting us know that things were being taken care of. The captain came out and stopped by each row and spoke to everyone in BF about the situation.

We ended up taking off within 8 minutes of the crew timing out.

3 hours late. But a great flight.

Kudos to this PMUA crew. (Especially Kelly!)
^
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I know her only as Donna at Tampa Phone Reservations as I forgot to ask for her last name but on 3/24/13, Donna was amazing in helping me out with a sponsored international upgrade EWR-NRT for my sister where Donna went far above and beyond to fix what broke, make it right and have my sister fly in “the pointy end of the plane” just 30 minutes later and I can only very humbly say to Donna, thank you very much!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:32 pm

Got a nice card handed to me after sitting down wishing me a happy bday!

Last edited by jimmyz1; Mar 25, 2013 at 9:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.