Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major crew issues?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
So, like I always say, stay away from Express. United wants you to think express is United.
But the reality is that, as far as brand is concerned, all UAEX flights are United. The vast majority of travelers get confused by code shares, let alone regional carrier capacity purchase agreements. Bottom line, as was one big lesson from the failed CO Lite experiment in the mid-90s, is that anything with the United name on the fuselage is United in the eyes of the customer.

If United were to proceed with a "well, you were on one of our regional partners not really United..." mentality (which PMUA always really had), they will do significant damage to their entire brand. I'm not suggesting that's their strategy (I think, if anything, they're just ignoring the regionals entirely). But, hopefully for United their obvious negligence on the regional passenger experience at present won't last long enough to bring down the whole brand.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cptlflyer
But the reality is that, as far as brand is concerned, all UAEX flights are United. The vast majority of travelers get confused by code shares, let alone regional carrier capacity purchase agreements. Bottom line, as was one big lesson from the failed CO Lite experiment in the mid-90s, is that anything with the United name on the fuselage is United in the eyes of the customer.

If United were to proceed with a "well, you were on one of our regional partners not really United..." mentality (which PMUA always really had), they will do significant damage to their entire brand. I'm not suggesting that's their strategy (I think, if anything, they're just ignoring the regionals entirely). But, hopefully for United their obvious negligence on the regional passenger experience at present won't last long enough to bring down the whole brand.
Not really, even though UAX represents UA, they are not the same. WHen you fly UAX (skywest) flight the aircraft, and crew states they are another company. Now this is why the planes, the interior and uniforms all look like UA, bu the P&P and operating manuel are written for X airline.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Not really, even though UAX represents UA, they are not the same. WHen you fly UAX (skywest) flight the aircraft, and crew states they are another company. Now this is why the planes, the interior and uniforms all look like UA, bu the P&P and operating manuel are written for X airline.
I think you missed my point here. I get that, technically, UAEX is not the same company as UA mainline. My point was, as you stated, UAEX represents UA. UAEX is sold by UA, is scheduled to connect with UA, and in many markets is the only metal behind the UA brand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.