United Club - Worth it for 2013-2014?

Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
For 3 1/2 hour layover, I would go over to the Delta lounge and buy a club pass there. I find the food options better!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kthpence
I have a 3 hour layover this Friday at O'Hare and I'm yet to ever go to the club there. I'm flying E+, so I don't have access to the United Club. In my opinion, the best club is the United Global First Club at JFK. The regular club in SFO is nice as well, and I'm yet to go to the regular club at JFK.

Is it worth the $50 one-time pass for the 3.5 hour layover? I assume I'd be at the bar anyway paying for drinks and wi-fi, and at an airport, a beer can be $7-$8.

If it's not worth it, are there any other clubs at O'Hare that are nicer (doesn't have to be United) that offer one-time passes? Thanks in advance!
My metric has always been amount spent / hours there has to = $10 or less. In your case it would not so I'd pass on the pass. Have you considered a walk to the new Urban Garden? It's a great place to pass time:

http://ourlittleacre.blogspot.com/20...an-garden.html
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I enjoy The UA Club membership in PHL..It is a small club located near gates in Terminal "D"..Nice place to enjoy a cocktail before heading out to Chicago or San Francisco..I love the UA staff in PHL..some of the best!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:33 am

A majority of my travel this year has been international, so I didn't worry about the Lounge access. There is no UA lounge in the US that I think is really worth paying for the membership. UA lounge in NRT is going downhill, but the one in HKG is still good.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:57 pm

The UA club is worth it to me.

I fly round trip fom pit to las at least once a month and sometimes twice during the month so I usually go into to the club four times on one trip, I time my trips so I can grab somethng for breakfeast before I get to las. The people that work there are nice and I can get a newspaper to read on the plane. I fly the redeye back from las so it is a nice place to relax and use the WIFI before boarding time and it is almost always empty, I'm retired so my expectation probably aren't as high some one that is more privleged, not that there's anything wrong with that. I would probably be spending $20.00 to $30.00 in the airport food court any way so I figure cost wise it makes sense fo me!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
I enjoy The UA Club membership in PHL..It is a small club located near gates in Terminal "D".
Personally I normally just head to the US Club. It's only an extra few hundred yards along to terminal C (United Club is half-way between C and D anyway), and is bigger/has better food/etc.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:12 pm

If you do go to a club in ORD, go to the new T2. It's great.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
I used to buy RCC access with miles each year. My 1K status has dropped to gold due to booking away from UA after 3/1/12. I have lived without it for a couple months and would like to re-up if there is a cheap way about it.

I have the Mileage Plus card (Chase Visa) and have had it for about 10 years. I have not converted to explorer. Do you get a UC card or do you just use your Club Visa to access the club? I would be willing to cancel my visa, with $140 fee and get the Club card for $300.

It looks like they will waive $95 off the first year of the Club card for new members. If my wife gets the Club card, and they issue a second card for me, do I get club membership or do I have to pay extra for spousal membership?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Hey, a naive question: How have people gone converting from a MP to a Club card? Can I just call up and switch over and have my yearly MP fee applied to Club card?

In addition is there any "gotchyas" on fees, interest etc over the MP card?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Denvercccc
I used to buy RCC access with miles each year. My 1K status has dropped to gold due to booking away from UA after 3/1/12. I have lived without it for a couple months and would like to re-up if there is a cheap way about it.

I have the Mileage Plus card (Chase Visa) and have had it for about 10 years. I have not converted to explorer. Do you get a UC card or do you just use your Club Visa to access the club? I would be willing to cancel my visa, with $140 fee and get the Club card for $300.

It looks like they will waive $95 off the first year of the Club card for new members. If my wife gets the Club card, and they issue a second card for me, do I get club membership or do I have to pay extra for spousal membership?

Dont you get up to 5,000 PQM with that United Visa you have?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Originally Posted by ilovesprint

I am supposed to but I'm not sure it ever posts. I always make status on segments and the PQMs don't help.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
10K for the Plat card
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
It's worth it IMHO. They are upgrading all the facilities, no more wifi logins required, and the food is adequate.

But I do NOT need food in those clubs, Lord knows. I need someplace quiet to attend to urgent emails.

Works for me.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: United silver, American Platinum, Marriott platinum, Starwood Gold, Hertz gold, Avis First
I haven't noticed much of a change in the RCC-United Club in the past year. It was nice stopping in for a beer now and then, and I never struggled to find an outlet. Now that it's free, and with ORD being my home airport the Goose Island was always a good call, it got even better.

Now that my company doesn't pay for it any longer, I was going to use miles to reup, but that's not until May.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
If you do go to a club in ORD, go to the new T2. It's great.
Just went there before my 7 p.m. flight to LGA and have to agree. Best United Club in ORD, hands down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.