Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2013 MileagePlus Elite Credentials - Received

Old Dec 18, 12, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres

Made 1k for the first time. It's been almost seven weeks, and still have not received the membership packet. Does anyone know how long this is supposed to take? When I made prior levels I received the packets after about 3 weeks. I called UA and received a cryptic answer, "1K information will be mailed out," with no other explanation.
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:06 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
2013 Membership Kit Arrived?

Just received my 2013 membership kit in the mail today from United. Since the year is not over thought it was a little odd with the timing, maybe United just assumed (rightly so) that I would not have a crazy amount of spending in the next few weeks to justify moving up from 1k to GS.

Curious if anyone else has received their kits and if they are close to the next status level. Seems inefficient for United to send out kits to people who may still move up a level in the last few weeks of the year (searched and did not see a thread on this specific topic - please close or merge if one exists).
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Welcome to FT!, bearwoody

While 4-6 weeks is normal, there is a point at the end of year at which they just deferred to the next year card.
Other than some luggage tags and drink chits, there is not much need for the package. You'll never need the 1K except for some lounges and the Plat card is just as good.

and they may be sending the 2013 kits earlier, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-arrived.html
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM
I was literally just on the phone with them about that. I hit 1K status on October 24th and haven't received anything either. The MPSC agent said it was requested on November 19th and that the system says it was sent out on November 27th, and that I should wait another week to see if I get it (as if it should take a month to mail something). But he also said something about all the 2013 info being sent out in the next couple weeks, though he wasn't making a whole lot of sense.
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic
Very curious. Were you 1K last year as well or did you get that status this year? It does seem very odd to send out packets this early unless it was your first time as 1K recently.
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stephenk19 View Post
Just received my 2013 membership kit in the mail today from United. Since the year is not over thought it was a little odd with the timing, maybe United just assumed (rightly so) that I would not have a crazy amount of spending in the next few weeks to justify moving up from 1k to GS.

Curious if anyone else has received their kits and if they are close to the next status level. Seems inefficient for United to send out kits to people who may still move up a level in the last few weeks of the year (searched and did not see a thread on this specific topic - please close or merge if one exists).
When did you re-qualify? There is a little under 2 weeks left to the end of the year if your spending hasn't been at GS levels so far for the year it will be unlikely for most people for it to increase significantly in the last 2 weeks of the month. I'm sure UA has data on the amount of last minute trips people take and spending.

And I have not received my 2013 1K package yet.
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
Thanks for the welcome wine. And yeah, that other entry about the 1K packet posted just a couple minutes after mine. Must be trending.

Blueman: Brand new, thanks to 4 ORD-SFO double EQM runs last January. I realize the card doesn't do much in reality, but it's a big marker for me. Hit 1K around Oct 25th or so.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 18, 12 at 9:40 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 18, 12, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Aegean-Gold, TK-Elite, Accor-Platinum, SPG-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Club Carlson-Gold,AMEX-Platinum
I am also curious to know the answer... Just hit 1K for the first time today... Guess I will only be getting the 2013 series later...
BTW, they never sent me Platinum card even though I have been a Platinum since beginning of October...
Old Dec 18, 12, 7:17 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by blueman2 View Post
Very curious. Were you 1K last year as well or did you get that status this year? It does seem very odd to send out packets this early unless it was your first time as 1K recently.
I was 1k this year and re-qualified for the level for next year sometime around June.
Old Dec 19, 12, 5:24 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
2013 Elite Credentials - Received

Today I received my 2013 1K credentials.
Packet contents same as last year:

Premier 1K Card
ten (10) drink vouchers (exp 31-JAN-2014)
two (2) white luggage tags

Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 19, 12, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Billiken View Post
Today I received my 2013 1K credentials.
Packet contents same as last year:

Premier 1K Card
ten (10) drink vouchers (exp 31-JAN-2014)
two (2) white luggage tags

Happy Holidays.
Would have been nice if it were 2 club passes or meal coupons instead of the luggage tags that don't stick. May be that is why they kept sending us new luggage tags every year, LOL!

Congrats!
Old Dec 19, 12, 5:31 pm

Programs: United Gold MM, Marriott LTPP
Any chance the luggage tags will survive more than a couple of trips?
Old Dec 19, 12, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Now I'll have to keep a lookout in the mail - I have yet to receive my 2012 kit. 2012 or 2013 will work for me I suppose.
Old Dec 19, 12, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
did it have the packet that explains the premier benefits? If so anything noted that is different for next year ?
Old Dec 19, 12, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atk5015 View Post
Now I'll have to keep a lookout in the mail - I have yet to receive my 2012 kit. 2012 or 2013 will work for me I suppose.
Me either...hoping for a better result this time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: