Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2013 MileagePlus Elite Credentials - Received

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 MileagePlus Elite Credentials - Received

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:01 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
For those who have received their credentials, on approximately what date did you (re)qualify for status? I would think that by and large we're talking 1Ks who had already qualified as of NLT some point in early November.

UA wouldn't want to send lower credentials in case one reaches a higher level before the end of the year, and UA wouldn't want to send 1K credentials prematurely (e.g. for folks like me who had travel booked but hadn't flown it until mid-December; I could have for some reason cancelled and not made 1K).
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
I'm actually hoping nothing shows up quite yet, as my status still says 1k on the web site and I'm hopeful (though on the edge) for GS. Im assuming getting a 1k packet would probably be akin to being broken up with, where the other person just never calls you back?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Clearly it's been determined that you are overentitled.
Or maybe UA is cutting back when excess is not needed. We all complained when the pound box from UA's Club card came, didn't we?

Personally, I favor a small envelope than some massive marketing box that costs $$.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aacharya
Personally, I favor a small envelope than some massive marketing box that costs $$.
Ditto. Minimal packaging can be quite elegant. The box my iPod Touch came in was a masterpiece.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by exerda
UA wouldn't want to send lower credentials in case one reaches a higher level before the end of the year, and UA wouldn't want to send 1K credentials prematurely (e.g. for folks like me who had travel booked but hadn't flown it until mid-December; I could have for some reason cancelled and not made 1K).
I was silver in 2011 & 2012, but qualified for Gold on 12/9 (trip was booked in early November). I received my Silver packet on 12/17. We'll see if they mail me the Gold packet also.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:09 am

Made Gold in mid-November, still waiting for my Gold packet, and after the TPAC flight tomorrow and some *A flights before the end of the year, I will hopefully make Plat. Will update when I get any of my credentials.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Maybe you're thinking of the Million Miler box? I thought all the cards came in an envelope last year, with the exception of the Million Miler cards from the new combined program.
yeah, i was just about to ask. my 1K card for the 2012 CY was in the white packet, never remembered a blue box.

idle curiosity, for anyone who's gotten their materials, has the design changed on the card any? i was actually in the camp that didn't really have an opinion on the redesign, just wondering if it's changed at all.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by bob_the_d

idle curiosity, for anyone who's gotten their materials, has the design changed on the card any? i was actually in the camp that didn't really have an opinion on the redesign, just wondering if it's changed at all.
The "Premier 1K" that was directly below "2 Million Miler" on the right side has now been enlarged and moved above my name and the "2 Million Miler" is still on the right above the "Star Alliance" logo.

My cards HAVE NEVER been out of my wallet in nearly 10 years so I really only look forward to the 10 FREE drinks! I've still got about 40 of these that have expired, but work great in the dark, which also haven't been out of my wallet in about 3 years due to successful CPU's.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
Received yesterday. Card, tags, drinks as previously described. Thanks to all who responded.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA/OP 1K
Re-qualified for 1K at the end of April and just finally received my new packet yesterday.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kale73
Ditto. Minimal packaging can be quite elegant. The box my iPod Touch came in was a masterpiece.
Yes, but you're comparing Apple to Lemons

EmailKid
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
I was silver in 2011 & 2012, but qualified for Gold on 12/9 (trip was booked in early November). I received my Silver packet on 12/17. We'll see if they mail me the Gold packet also.
What comes in the Silver packet? I made Silver recently and haven't received anything yet.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Received my 1K packet today in Los Angeles.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Dejavu

This is all a big dejavu to me. I have never recieved my 1K package for the current year, called them at least 6 times, then got my current year card in July (no drink chit, no luggage tags, just a card). They kept telling me how its in the mail for over 6 months, saying they ordered new kit, none of that was true.

This year I requalified in June, still didnt get my card and not counting on it. The good thing is that I dont care. I have switched to AA as soon as they started offering the match and has never been happier. My EXP card has arrived a couple of weeks after I was matched, then I when requalified for the next year's EXP, my next year kit from AA came a couple of weeks later LIKE IT SHOULD! EXPs dont get drink chits in the kits because if an EXP ends up in coach the drinks and BOB are free, and I exprienced it myself one time I was not upgraded on AA this year out of more than 40 flights with them.

I look back at the new UA and shreik (I quite loved the old UA though), and even as a 1K for next year again I will not be stepping a foot on their planes except for mileage redemptions which I mostly do with their partners anyway.

Last edited by asnovici; Dec 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jcain
What comes in the Silver packet? I made Silver recently and haven't received anything yet.
Not much: 1 luggage tag, 1 silver MP card, and an informational packet with no useful information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.