FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

IAH-OIL-TRASH Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by thaliajen (Post 28740771)
Anyone? Best Polaris/BF seats on 767?

I prefer the middle seat. Don't have to climb over anyone to get out and no one has to climb over you. Double aisle access - 100% more than the new Polaris :)

findark Aug 27, 2017 2:26 am

Originally Posted by thaliajen (Post 28740771)
Anyone? Best Polaris/BF seats on 767?

From your earlier post, I would prefer 1L to 3A. The bulkhead row has a larger footwell, and I am not terribly distracted by the proximity to the galley.

Ronlap Oct 9, 2017 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 26801287)
1A/B. The larger footwells outweigh the potential light/noise from the galley.

You have to stepover from the window. Whether it's a hassle depends on how tall and/or nimble you are.

Can you comment on 1A/B versus 1 K/L

Kacee Oct 9, 2017 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ronlap (Post 28913319)
Can you comment on 1A/B versus 1 K/L

I think there's a closet on the A/B side that is not present on the K/L side (which is a positive for K/L). But it's been a while . . . they don't fly these to SFO anymore.

infamousdx Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am

Traveling with a 5 month old in Economy and wondering about the legroom in the bulkhead row where the bassinets are used. I think some bulkheads actually have less room so I definitely wouldn't be interested in that. Anyone know? Thanks.

redtop Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am

Does the last row of the plane (row 44) really have limited recline? (I'm interested both in the 2-seat side sections and the 3-seat center section). Seat guru can't always be relied upon. If I have the choice of last row vs. one row up, I'd normally prefer last row as long as it can recline, especially since this is for a red-eye flight.

COEWR2587 Nov 24, 2017 12:23 pm

On the night flights to Europe, can anyone tell me if the light/noise is an issue for the bulkhead seats in Business? Like the bigger cut outs but wondering if I'm better off a few rows back. Are the FA's usually good about closing the curtain and keeping lights low after meal service?

Kacee Nov 24, 2017 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by COEWR2587 (Post 29096252)
can anyone tell me if the light/noise is an issue for the bulkhead seats in Business?

Yes, it is an issue. 1A and 1L will be least affected. Regardless, I'd take a bulkhead and use eyeshades. The seats on this aircraft are otherwise too short for me to sleep comfortably (and I am not tall).

Westcoastgirl57 Nov 30, 2017 3:11 pm

16A and 16B

Saw online that Seats 16A/16B are not desirable seats in Premium Economy? Any comments as to why? I understand it is behind the first class lavatory - but any other comments?

WineCountryUA Nov 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoastgirl57 (Post 29119421)
Saw online that Seats 16A/16B are not desirable seats in Premium Economy? Any comments as to why? I understand it is behind the first class lavatory - but any other comments?

First it is Economy Plus, presently UA has no Premium Economy (but may in the future)
SeatGuru's comments need to be taken with a grain of salt. SeatGuru will always flag a row adjacent to a lavatory. In this case, SeatGuru claims a missing window, which is partially correct per this report

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 22886271)
All row 16 seats are bulkhead with same legroom. I would say you have more knee room than you would in other rows, but you can't slide feet under seat in front (of course), so that may make it feel less roomy. There's a fair degree of galley noise in Row 16 and 17.

One other note on Row 16AL and 17AL - both have a window gap, meaning that there's only one window instead of two, towards the front of the seat area. The rear is just wall, which means if you lean your head against the wall while sleeping you may prefer it as compared to having a window.

WineCountryUA Dec 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Heads up from Fleet Update thread

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 29180205)
767-400 CREW rest seats:

767-400 (76S) Crew Rest Changes

Changes to the crew rest areas/seats on our 767-400 (76S) aircraft are being implemented. These crew rest seats are located on aircraft left in the last two rows (42AB & 43AB) of the economy cabin in front of door 4L. Changes have been made to these seats to include:
  1. Airbag Inflatable Seat Belts
  2. Adjustable Seat Controls
  3. PCU in Center Arm Rest
  4. Life Vest Compartment in Center Console
The four (4) seats have a 9” recline capability and are equipped with leg rests.

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 29181805)

Originally Posted by ual744777sta (Post 29180235)
Where was it before the reconfiguration?

43 44KL

pbartp Jan 9, 2018 6:51 am

Anybody know what is up with this configuration? Exit row 28 is no longer E+? The lavs aren't displayed anywhere.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...49ace50310.png

BDLer Jan 9, 2018 8:46 am

Originally Posted by flymexico2010 (Post 20761055)
I can give now some input on best seats on 767-400 after, without even planning I was rebooked on this type of 767 instead of 767-300.

Was seated in 16B which is ok, as the entire row 16 but in my opinion the best seats are 28 B+K. These seats have a lot of legroom and no bulkhead which would limitate this legroom.

It looks like row 28 is surrounded by bathrooms. Still better than PE?

Thanks

elitefreak Jan 28, 2018 8:40 pm

16K vs L?

Best choice please and why? Thanks.

WineCountryUA Jan 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 29351343)
16K vs L?
Best choice please and why? Thanks.

Do you prefer aisle or window?

Define best? What factor(s) matter the most to you?

Ha Pcolo Feb 20, 2018 10:04 am

Seat reclining

Originally Posted by lensman (Post 22179057)
What do you mean "has really been the last choice"?

I was very happy with 28D when I flew it in November FRA-EWR. Lots of legroom (but I am short) but, as noted, bulkhead so no underseat storage. It is "right" behind the lavs but this didn't seem to have the downsides I thought it would. Maybe that's because I'm losing my sense of smell as I get older?

Do these seats recline? I’m thinking of 28 D,E,F

764toHI Feb 20, 2018 10:10 am

These seats recline, but I'm not a big fan of 28 DEF because other passengers will inadvertedly step on your feet to access lavatories on the other side of the aircraft.

Originally Posted by Ha Pcolo (Post 29438406)

IAH-OIL-TRASH Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Ha Pcolo (Post 29438406)

seatguru.com shows lav locations (and it's shown in wiki). Coach lavs are all lined up in front of row 28. Seats recline, but part of door might protrude into window seat foot areas. I would avoid 28 because you'll have people standing around there for the lavs.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b1985c7720.jpg

trout11 Feb 23, 2018 7:49 am

I will be taking the 764 from EWR to HNL in the near future in economy with a party of four and had a few questions.

Seat guru does a misaligned window in Row 33. Is that accurate?

Given the choice of Row 25KL and 26KL or something in the rear cabin, say 30AB and 31AB or the same in 36&37 would your select the 25/26?

Thanks

zagat4 Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

Hi. Just used an upgrade to go LHR-EWR. Going solo, as of now no "D" seats are available. I booked 4L for privacy, but have noted that some say the windows up front have narrow footwell. Is 4 sufficiently back to get larger footwell, or do I need to go back even further? Thank you.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Feb 23, 2018 9:36 am

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29450080)
Hi. Just used an upgrade to go LHR-EWR. Going solo, as of now no "D" seats are available. I booked 4L for privacy, but have noted that some say the windows up front have narrow footwell. Is 4 sufficiently back to get larger footwell, or do I need to go back even further? Thank you.

There's is no difference the farther back you go.

simonoaks Mar 6, 2018 6:03 pm

I am flying EWR - LHR 2nd april on the 2100 flight - have a GPU that looks likely to clear right now ( I am number one on the list). I ti s a 400ER. I am 6 foot 4, so would it be better if I switched to the flight 1 hr later which is a 767-300 - do these have more room for a tall person than the 400ER? thx

zagat4 Mar 7, 2018 12:50 pm

I am traveling EWR-LHR on an 11 PM flight, so all I want to do is sleep. I am currently booked in coach, unable to upgrade. And right now there seem to be plenty of coach seats. If there's a likely chance I could stay in coach with a free seat next to me, is there any compelling reason to use cash to upgrade to Economy+ ? Would it be that much better on this aircraft for an overnight flight?

FTstudent Mar 7, 2018 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by simonoaks (Post 29494017)
I am flying EWR - LHR 2nd april on the 2100 flight - have a GPU that looks likely to clear right now ( I am number one on the list). I ti s a 400ER. I am 6 foot 4, so would it be better if I switched to the flight 1 hr later which is a 767-300 - do these have more room for a tall person than the 400ER? thx

The -300 seat map shows version 1. The only up side to this seat is that it doesn't suffer from the cramped footwell of your other choice (assume no row #1 ). Everything else is a downgrade. So, you'd only want this one if your #1 goal is to board the plane and go to sleep. The BEST option for tall people is Row 1 in the 764. I'm 6' 3" and will get almost no sleep if I'm > row 1 on that plane. I'm not so sure your GPU odds are the same for both planes -- but that's a separate story.

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29497012)
I am traveling EWR-LHR on an 11 PM flight, so all I want to do is sleep. I am currently booked in coach, unable to upgrade. And right now there seem to be plenty of coach seats. If there's a likely chance I could stay in coach with a free seat next to me, is there any compelling reason to use cash to upgrade to Economy+ ? Would it be that much better on this aircraft for an overnight flight?

There's no question there'd be less misery in E+

zagat4 Mar 8, 2018 5:38 am

Originally Posted by FTstudent (Post 29497686)
The -300 seat map shows version 1. The only up side to this seat is that it doesn't suffer from the cramped footwell of your other choice (assume no row #1 ). Everything else is a downgrade. So, you'd only want this one if your #1 goal is to board the plane and go to sleep. The BEST option for tall people is Row 1 in the 764. I'm 6' 3" and will get almost no sleep if I'm > row 1 on that plane. I'm not so sure your GPU odds are the same for both planes -- but that's a separate story.

Is there an advantage to buying E+ in advance, dollar-wise? I'd prefer to wait, if possible, so I can try to book a seat with no one next to me.... my flight is in one week. thoughts?

simonoaks Mar 8, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by FTstudent (Post 29497686)

OK, thanks, I will stick with the 400 then. I am number one on upgrade list and there a 3 seats available in row 1 . Would you say window side or isle side is best ( I have never flown on a lie flat before) thx. Also, I cannot sleep on planes anyway, I just like legroom and comfort , which is why I usually get exit row in E+. thx

WineCountryUA Mar 8, 2018 11:16 am

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29499550)
Is there an advantage to buying E+ in advance, dollar-wise? I'd prefer to wait, if possible, so I can try to book a seat with no one next to me.... my flight is in one week. thoughts?

Waiting means you will have fewer choices to select from.

Trying to select a seat with an adjacent empty can many times turn into disappointment. While this sort of worked in the past, with most flights booking close to capacity, the number of empty seats on a flight can now be rather low (but there are those rare flights with empty seats).

So many things can happen, so seatmaps can be poor indicators. For domestic flights, Basic Economy passengers don't get seat assignments until the airport (or sometimes check-in). Standby passengers don't get seat assignments until the airport. A surprising number of passengers don't pick advance seat assignments. Irrops can dump a bunch of new passengers at the last minute.

In the case of E+, Silver elites can not pick E+ seat assignments until check-in, so the E+ seatmap can change after check-in.

findark Mar 8, 2018 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29499550)

No difference dollar-wise. However as WineCountryUA notes, it will affect your options and won't necessarily end well anyway. The best shot at an empty middle is to just book a seat with an occupied aisle/window such that you leave an "island" middle - these will be the last to get taken.

trout11 Mar 9, 2018 1:12 pm

Seat guru shows a misaligned window at row 33. Are rows 31 & 32 normal window alignment?

zagat4 Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Question - I am flying on this aircraft Newark to London overnight in a few days. I couldn't find an upgrade, so I am in Economy. Right now there are over 100+ seats in coach, while E+ has limited availability and seems more crowded. So I am thinking I may stay in coach, hoping I can find a seat with an unoccupied seat next to it. Right now I am in Row 31 window. Is it better to be further back, or is this a good place? And do you think my strategy seems sound? It really does seem like there is a lot of inventory in economy.

764toHI Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Others may disagree, but this is the shoulder season for leisure travel to London and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay in E for a row to yourself - if you're Silver or above, I think even there should be plenty of open seats, even in E+.

Given management's comments on strong premium demand to LHR, it's amazing that the revenue in J is offsetting a virtually empty Y cabin on almost all the flights.

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29520861)
Question - I am flying on this aircraft Newark to London overnight in a few days. I couldn't find an upgrade, so I am in Economy. Right now there are over 100+ seats in coach, while E+ has limited availability and seems more crowded. So I am thinking I may stay in coach, hoping I can find a seat with an unoccupied seat next to it. Right now I am in Row 31 window. Is it better to be further back, or is this a good place? And do you think my strategy seems sound? It really does seem like there is a lot of inventory in economy.

physioprof Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Is 1B better than 1K?

mathprof Apr 12, 2018 5:11 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 29438435)
seatguru.com shows lav locations (and it's shown in wiki). Coach lavs are all lined up in front of row 28. Seats recline, but part of door might protrude into window seat foot areas. I would avoid 28 because you'll have people standing around there for the lavs.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b1985c7720.jpg

I don't know if they use thinner sear cushions in exit rows on thus bird but just flew HNL-EWR in 28B and my behind was sore for most of the flight, barely slept. If they use the same Y seats as their 767-300 2 class then definitely there is a difference. Was in 21D on one of those last week and was much more comfortable.

MikeRosen Apr 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Which 767 E+ bulkhead seats have foot wells?

I flew on a 767 last year from ZRH to EWR, but can't remember what version of 767 it was. Seats 16AB and KL actually had foot wells in the bulkhead giving a nice place to put your feet and store some stuff. Does anybody know what version of 767 has those seats?

I'm flying EWR-LHR in June on 767-400ER. From reading this thread, it doesn't seem that the 400 has the nice seats that I remember. Is there adequate foot room for a 6' person in 16AB on the 400ER?

Thanks

Kensterfly Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by MikeRosen (Post 29640679)
I flew on a 767 last year from ZRH to EWR, but can't remember what version of 767 it was. Seats 16AB and KL actually had foot wells in the bulkhead giving a nice place to put your feet and store some stuff. Does anybody know what version of 767 has those seats?

I'm flying EWR-LHR in June on 767-400ER. From reading this thread, it doesn't seem that the 400 has the nice seats that I remember. Is there adequate foot room for a 6' person in 16AB on the 400ER?

Thanks

I'd be interested in know this, too. We are flying EWR to ZRH in early July. 767-400. I considered 16 AB because you don't have someone leaning their seat back in your space. The trade off is that you usually lose a little legroom in the bulkhead seat. Plus can't stash a tote under the seat in front of you. Nearby restroom shouldn't be much of an issue since the lav in front of 16AB is for Biz Class.

BUT, it makes a big difference if 16AB has a cutout in the bulkhead.

Kensterfly Apr 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 29501037)
No difference dollar-wise. However as WineCountryUA notes, it will affect your options and won't necessarily end well anyway. The best shot at an empty middle is to just book a seat with an occupied aisle/window such that you leave an "island" middle - these will be the last to get taken.

My Bride and I will often book the two aisle seats in the middle section in E+. Sometimes it works out where we keep the empty seat. Sometimes not. We have worse luck when booking the forward seats in E+. It seems they fill the forward empties with standbys and rebookings from IRREG ops first and work their way back. A couple of times, sitting in the second row of E+, a standby gets placed in "our" middle empty seat. While most of the remaining empty seats remain vacant. So, that's a lesson that seems to hold up over time. And anytime we lose the middle seat, my bride usually will move over and take it and let the standby have the aisle seat.

fumje Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MikeRosen (Post 29640679)

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kensterfly (Post 29647113)
I'd be interested in know this, too. We are flying EWR to ZRH in early July. 767-400. I considered 16 AB because you don't have someone leaning their seat back in your space. The trade off is that you usually lose a little legroom in the bulkhead seat. Plus can't stash a tote under the seat in front of you. Nearby restroom shouldn't be much of an issue since the lav in front of 16AB is for Biz Class.

BUT, it makes a big difference if 16AB has a cutout in the bulkhead.

I can't say for certain, but I don't believe this version will have foot cutouts, given that it would come out of the lavatory space.

pbartp Apr 17, 2018 9:03 am

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 29647211)
I can't say for certain, but I don't believe this version will have foot cutouts, given that it would come out of the lavatory space.

I'm flying to ZRH at the end of the month. Will report back. I'm in 28AB.

Kensterfly Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am

Originally Posted by pbartp (Post 29651157)
I'm flying to ZRH at the end of the month. Will report back. I'm in 28AB.

We flew FRA to EWR a couple of years ago on a 767 (can't recall which model) in row 16 middle section. There was no cutout and, as far as I remember, there was no cutout on the AB seats, either.
I've actually flown on several UA 767s and have often taken row 16 and don't recall any having a cutout.

zagat4 Apr 26, 2018 10:37 am

I would like to sleep from Newark to London on a 9 PM flight. Traveling solo, and 2 D and 4D are both available. Is there a preference, for sleeping, or in general?