FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

COLifetimeFlyer Nov 20, 2013 2:31 am

Flying BRU-EWR in J and need to get off the plane quickly when we arrive at EWR...

Anybody know whether at EWR the jetway comes to 1L (at front of BF cabin) or 2L (at rear of BF cabin, front of E+) door on 767-400? Trying to choose between 2A or 7/8A. Thanks!

anc-ord772 Nov 20, 2013 8:44 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 21755367)
I just flew in seat 1L EWR-HNL and was quite disappointed. In is far too close to the galley and although there is a curtain, it was never closed more than 3/4 and was often less than 1/2 closed. There is a closet located next to seat 1K that was used very often and each time, the FA's backside was inches away from the passenger in seat 1K.

Yeah, same-ish experience last time I was in 1L. I'm giving 1D a try because it's set farther back.

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 21755367)
IThe seat is quite short in the lie-flat position. I'm 6' and my head was nearly touching the end and when laying on my back, my feet were touching the end of the foot well. So, a smaller footwell size really won't make much of a difference to me.

I think the 764 flatbeds are the shortest in the fleet. Not really excited about my FRA-IAH coming up next week.

COEWR2587 Nov 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by COLifetimeFlyer (Post 21818386)
Flying BRU-EWR in J and need to get off the plane quickly when we arrive at EWR...

Anybody know whether at EWR the jetway comes to 1L (at front of BF cabin) or 2L (at rear of BF cabin, front of E+) door on 767-400? Trying to choose between 2A or 7/8A. Thanks!

At EWR, you have a very good chance for a 764 an, 777 & 757 it will be 2L. One time on 757 it was 1L but any other time on a plane with 2L we used it.

salesna Nov 23, 2013 11:04 am

Bassinet on 764

My family is flying from MUC to IAD in March, and the PMUA 777 that was on this route at booking has just been replaced with a PMCO 764. We're flying with our 2.5 year old (who will be sitting in a car seat in her own seat) and our 6 month old (who will be a lap child and who will also be using a bassinet).

I understand that the bassinet rows on the 764 are 16 and 28. Any thoughts on which is preferable? How's the legroom? Any blocked windows? Are the seats wide enough to accommodate our Britax Marathon car seat? Should I reroute through FRA to get on a PMUA 777?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

spaceman Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Question on the 764 BF seats - are they approved for under seat (at your feet) storage during takeoff and landing?

Kacee Nov 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by spaceman (Post 21841387)
Question on the 764 BF seats - are they approved for under seat (at your feet) storage during takeoff and landing?

No. I don't believe any UA BF seat is technically approved for underseat stowage.

adambrau Nov 23, 2013 8:15 pm

While I haven't been paying attention to all the conversions going on, I do know that on every pmCO aircraft I have been on that has the lie-flat seats, I have been able to store my small bag (not rolly) under the foot rest. Never the case on a traditional pmUA aircraft (763, 7777, 747) where all has to go in the overhead bins.

Kacee Nov 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by adambrau (Post 21841910)
While I haven't been paying attention to all the conversions going on, I do know that on every pmCO aircraft I have been on that has the lie-flat seats, I have been able to store my small bag (not rolly) under the foot rest. Never the case on a traditional pmUA aircraft (763, 7777, 747) where all has to go in the overhead bins.

Understood, but the question was whether it's "approved." I don't believe that space is technically "approved" for stowage (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

salesna Nov 28, 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by salesna (Post 21839111)
My family is flying from MUC to IAD in March, and the PMUA 777 that was on this route at booking has just been replaced with a PMCO 764. We're flying with our 2.5 year old (who will be sitting in a car seat in her own seat) and our 6 month old (who will be a lap child and who will also be using a bassinet).

I understand that the bassinet rows on the 764 are 16 and 28. Any thoughts on which is preferable? How's the legroom? Any blocked windows? Are the seats wide enough to accommodate our Britax Marathon car seat? Should I reroute through FRA to get on a PMUA 777?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Anyone?

anc-ord772 Nov 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772 (Post 21819781)
Yeah, same-ish experience last time I was in 1L. I'm giving 1D a try because it's set farther back.

I think the 764 flatbeds are the shortest in the fleet. Not really excited about my FRA-IAH coming up next week.

Well, flew in 1D. The seat feels narrow, but oddly not as short as I thought. The top of the IFE was used as the snack area, but I slept most if the way and didn't notice until I saw it myself. Honestly, it made it easy to get a snack since I didn't have to get up.

Would I fly it again, maybe, but I think window seats provide a better place to prop up your arm when sleeping. Also, it's really easy for drinks to be tipped over as traffic moves through the noticeably narrow aisles. One must keep alert. I finally used the cup holder by the mesh pocket behind and to the right.

milepig Dec 1, 2013 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 21841407)
No. I don't believe any UA BF seat is technically approved for underseat stowage.

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 21841954)
Understood, but the question was whether it's "approved." I don't believe that space is technically "approved" for stowage (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

On my recent IAD-MUC flight the FAs didn't say anything to the people who had stuff tucked against the seat in front of them. Don't know what the official word is.

BTW, for those who need airflow the sCO 767-400 does NOT have individual air nozzles.

mgcsinc Dec 1, 2013 3:27 pm

This thread is surprisingly light on information about seats in Y. Bizarrely light.

Please to rank the following sets of seats:

- 16ABKL
- 16DEF
- 28AL
- 26BK
- 26DEF

rodsren Dec 29, 2013 11:16 pm

This is a better flight 767-400 than AA 767-300 for Hawaii, as it's flat bed, and the 767-300 is angled flat, which I hate. ANyone have any experience on both planes?

I would greatly appreciate it.

rodsren

PHL Dec 30, 2013 6:48 am

Where to sit on 764 [767-400] (new config)?

I have flown both in J to Europe. UA definitely has the edge due to the lie flat benefit. The service was about the same on both.

AA is said to be upgrading their angled lie flat seats to fully flat, but this may take some time until they iron out the new merged fleet.

Kacee Dec 30, 2013 8:36 am

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 22049362)
I have flown both in J to Europe. UA definitely has the edge due to the lie flat benefit. The service was about the same on both.

AA is said to be upgrading their angled lie flat seats to fully flat, but this may take some time until they iron out the new merged fleet.

The seat on the 764 is very nice, if a little short for sleeping. Be aware though that UA has cut service on the Hawaii flights to the bone and food service is minimal. Pick that aircraft for the seat, not the service. Eat before you board and bring your own snacks.

PTahCha Dec 30, 2013 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 21841407)

For PMCO BF seats, you can store things underneath the ottoman in the footwell during takeoff and landing.

Kacee Dec 30, 2013 9:00 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 22049849)
For PMCO BF seats, you can store things underneath the ottoman in the footwell during takeoff and landing.

I think you're right. I looked for a "you can't do this" sign on my last 764 flight and there wasn't one.

lensman Dec 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22049900)
I think you're right. I looked for a "you can't do this" sign on my last 764 flight and there wasn't one.

You can definitely do this on the 764 and probably on the sCO 772 as well. Does the two-class 763 have these seats?

I'm with Kacee - the sign says no stowage on top of the ottoman or on the shelf below the IFE during takeoff/landing.

C on the three-class 763 (and presumably the three-class 772), no stowage at your seat at all. Or is there a small cubby somewhere?

kale73 Dec 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by lensman (Post 22052824)
You can definitely do this on the 764 and probably on the sCO 772 as well. Does the two-class 763 have these seats?

IDK about the 763, but you can add the 787 BF section to the list.

GrizNation Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm

What's best between 16A or 28A? I can't really tell, I don't really like the idea of having a protruding door (28A), but at the same time I don't know if 16A will be enough room (I'm 6.2")...any suggestion??

nomad498 Jan 14, 2014 7:55 am

EWR-HNL 767-400 E+ question (also posted in EWR-HNL thread but no response)

So, our RPU being applied and cleared is looking like it prob will be a no-go since there are currently 5 seats left in F and 3 weeks left to sell them or upgrade sell them... (and they have moved F seats for this flight. they sold 6 tix last week from what I can tell from the seat /fare class availablilty)

With that said, just trying to really get my head around sitting in E+ for 11 hours and 30 mins (+/- any delays in EWR prior to takeoff).

I haven't flown on this long of a duration flight before and am hearing from those that have, that getting cabin/stir crazy is something that absolutely happens-even if the reward is the beauty of Hawaii . Ive been on flights EWR to LAX and that was no big deal.. but this is twice that flight in time/distance.

So... questions on E+ for UA15-

How comfortable are the seats ?

Have they changed to the new slim seats? (I flew that EWR to PHX in Economy in Dec and it was alright-a little extra legroom but also a little less padding while flying. I didnt feel bad about reclining my seat however....)

I read there is power at the seat-is that per seat or is it shared?

I know they are pretty stingy with food nowadays and read to bring our own (or pay for a flight sandwich in a box...) but that they will continue to offer drinks/water. Is that correct?

Is there anything else we should know? Is there a better row in E+ for comfort? 16 is already gone but we are in 17 at present in a 2 seat row (and there are already seats behind us taken as well so I will need to be as courteous as possible for 11 hours.. sure hope the folks in front in 16 are as well-but understand we all paid for our comfort and can do as they wish)

I haven't flown E+ in a while and it was on shorter flights so not sure what to expect...

My husband is over 6ft so also wanted to be aware for him as well since often the tray tables are in his knees in standard Economy (and didnt know what the E+ on this bird may or may not buy him with comfort).

Still wishing for our upgrade but know we will be battling the P Bucket all the way to the gate (let alone what they may do with the tens of dollars purchase upgrade)

thanks for your information.

njxbean Jan 18, 2014 6:10 am

28DEF i notice is available and has really been the last choice of all the E+ seats. Im debating a regular seat (34DEF) and 28DEF, but im curious, is there a reason noone is taking those seats?

im specifically referring to the 767-400ER (UA15)

lensman Jan 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by njxbean (Post 22177068)
28DEF i notice is available and has really been the last choice of all the E+ seats.

What do you mean "has really been the last choice"?

Im debating a regular seat (34DEF) and 28DEF, but im curious, is there a reason noone is taking those seats?

im specifically referring to the 767-400ER (UA15)
I was very happy with 28D when I flew it in November FRA-EWR. Lots of legroom (but I am short) but, as noted, bulkhead so no underseat storage. It is "right" behind the lavs but this didn't seem to have the downsides I thought it would. Maybe that's because I'm losing my sense of smell as I get older?

gregseattle Mar 2, 2014 11:05 am

764 E+ Seats - 16B, 17A or 28

Hi all, wow its been like 10 years since I've posted! Finally after that long I'm flying over the pond ZRH-EWR. Tried to find a thread with this specificity but couldn't. I generally like windows to sleep against. I'm choosing an E+ seat 16AB or 28B. I'm 6'3 and skinny. 16A seems good but is legroom restricted? Thinking 16B better due to no lavatory congestion and traffic and maybe can stick my feet in the aisle towards the lavs. But is 16 better than any other E+ seat, (say 17A where I get window to lean on) for legroom due to the bulkhead? Would love to hear thoughts. Thanks!

Kacee Mar 2, 2014 11:10 am

Originally Posted by gregseattle (Post 22447471)
Hi all, wow its been like 10 years since I've posted! Finally after that long I'm flying over the pond ZRH-EWR. Tried to find a thread with this specificity but couldn't. I generally like windows to sleep against. I'm choosing an E+ seat 16AB or 28B. I'm 6'3 and skinny. 16A seems good but is legroom restricted? Thinking 16B better due to no lavatory congestion and traffic and maybe can stick my feet in the aisle towards the lavs. But is 16 better than any other E+ seat, (say 17A where I get window to lean on) for legroom due to the bulkhead? Would love to hear thoughts. Thanks!

where-sit-764-767-400-new-config.html

There seems to be a slight preference for row 28 over row 16.

raybolt Mar 2, 2014 11:42 am

i did the 764 ewr-mxp vv last month in Y. rows 16 and 17 are missing a window next to your head if that makes a difference. It is kind of nice to lean against the wall for sleeping, but you do have to lean forward to look outside

Edit: it is kind of a tease to have a lavatory right near you, but it is roped off for the Biz folk

gregseattle Mar 6, 2014 6:36 pm

Hey @Raybolt thanks. So I'm tall. Only choice on 16 is now K. Otherwise 17A window to lean on. I like that alot, and on the long flight I'll do some sedated zzzzs. But legroom always trumps. Love your thoughts, thanks. (the lav doesnt bug me and if I get a LOT more legroom I can tolerate the K seat)

raybolt Mar 7, 2014 7:09 am

I'm 6'3 and did 17A both ways. I'm not sure if seats in 16 (bulkheads) have more or less legroom, but I usually avoid the bulkheads; I like to be able to stretch my legs all the way out under the seat ahead. IMO, as much as we all complain about the direction UA is heading, E+ is really not that terrible for long-haul (legroom wise especially) when you're stuck in Y

-dan

valor155 Mar 7, 2014 3:59 pm

Sitting 3 across on a 767-400ER in Biz

Couldn't find the answer via search. I'm traveling with 2 others, and we'd like to sit 3 across. The biz class in this plane is 2-1-2, and I get that it'll be 1-2 or 2-1.

The question I have is for the middle 1 seats . . . how is the exit access on the right side? I've looked at picts online and can't quite tell if it is easy or even feasible to get out on that side or not.

Initially, I thought we should do 1-2, seats D/K/L, since they all face the same way. D & K could have a conversation, etc. However, if the D seat person is not meant to exit on the right side, then that is a bigger issue to me than the facing direction.

Any feedback from folks who sat in biz on that bird is appreciated.

Kacee Mar 7, 2014 4:02 pm

I don't understand this question. The middle seat has an aisle on either side.

No matter how you slice three across, it's one in the middle and two in an adjoining aisle/window. You can call that 1-2 or 2-1, but it's exactly the same thing.

valleygeek Mar 7, 2014 4:10 pm

The middle seat has aisle access on both sides. If memory serves, the footwell is angled slightly to the right on the single center seat, and the power outlets and headset jacks are over your right shoulder. I believe you'll find interacting with your seat mates difficult from either side, as I don't recall the middle seats being aligned with the seats on either side of the plane.

valor155 Mar 7, 2014 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22482845)
I don't understand this question. The middle seat has an aisle on either side.

No matter how you slice three across, it's one in the middle and two in an adjoining aisle/window. You can call that 1-2 or 2-1, but it's exactly the same thing.

Again, the size of the exit on the right side.

The middle seat is angled on direction as well. Away from the left side and towards the right side. That's one difference.

How easy is it to get up/out on the right aisle compared to the left? Is it 18 inches on 1 side, 6 inches on the other? Or roughly the same? The main question is aisle access on the right side of the middle seat. Easy? Tight squeeze? Don't try it? Compared to the left side. That's all.

Kacee Mar 7, 2014 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by valor155 (Post 22482957)
Again, the size of the exit on the right side.

The middle seat is angled on direction as well. Away from the left side and towards the right side. That's one difference.

How easy is it to get up/out on the right aisle compared to the left? Is it 18 inches on 1 side, 6 inches on the other? Or roughly the same? The main question is aisle access on the right side of the middle seat. Easy? Tight squeeze? Don't try it? Compared to the left side. That's all.

It's exposed to the aisle on both sides. The side console extends slightly farther forward on the right side than the armrest does on the left, but there's no real impediment to access on either side.

valor155 Mar 7, 2014 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22483005)
It's exposed to the aisle on both sides. The side console extends slightly farther forward on the right side than the armrest does on the left, but there's no real impediment to access on either side.

Thanks. That's very helpful. I couldn't tell if the side console on the right only extended a little bit versus the left side, or a lot. Sounds like it is no big deal at all to get out on the right side of the middle seat in biz.

Kacee Mar 7, 2014 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by valor155 (Post 22483017)
Thanks. That's very helpful. I couldn't tell if the side console on the right only extended a little bit versus the left side, or a lot. Sounds like it is no big deal at all to get out on the right side of the middle seat in biz.

It's basically the same as getting out from the window - you have to get past the same side console.

jonk Mar 7, 2014 5:33 pm

i was in 5D last month ZRH-IAD and there was something wrong with which flight attendant was assigned to my seat. everyone in front, to the sides, and behind me was attended to -- but i was in a dead zone of service.

the FAs ahead of me must have thought it was the FAs behind me; the FAs behind me must have thought it was the FAs in front of me. i didn't get a placemat until the purser noticed it after most people already started getting their food, and when it came time for my main course...*crickets*.

it was, apparently, left in the oven and people were already getting their meals cleared away. only after i asked did the purser (who was very apologetic) did he bring me my meal. i think after that he was aware of my predicament and made sure i did get served with everyone else (he specifically instructed someone to get me my pre-arrival meal since he ran out[?]).

i thought i overheard something about how they were changing things up in terms of who got rows 5 and 6(?), but i've learned my lesson and will sit further up or further back just to be safe.

it was amateur hour up there!

ticoflyer Apr 4, 2014 12:49 am

IFE BOX 764 Economy +

Flying on a 764 from HNL on E+. Does anyone know under what seats the IFE boxes are located? A or B, K or L, D,E,F? That little extra space does mean a lot to me. Thanks

gnaget May 13, 2014 12:07 pm

I booked 1D for IAD-MUC due to the alleged larger footwells. I am also considering row 1 window.

I flew a redeye to MUC and it was quite miserable with a bad crew. I was in 4 or 5 D. I kept getting hit from both sides. The beds are very short so I need to bend my knees considerably to lie down and my knees were being bumped frequently by careless FAs and passengers due to the narrow aisles.

Should I get a window (either 1 or other row) even though I prefer not to be boxed in? So that I don't get bumped all the time.

Kacee May 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget (Post 22857889)
Should I get a window (either 1 or other row) even though I prefer not to be boxed in? So that I don't get bumped all the time.

There will be much less passenger traffic in row 1 with the lavs at the rear of the cabin. FA traffic would be the same.

I personally prefer the privacy of the window but that is 100% personal preference.

gnaget May 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22857906)
There will be much less passenger traffic in row 1 with the lavs at the rear of the cabin. FA traffic would be the same.

I personally prefer the privacy of the window but that is 100% personal preference.

Thanks. I guess that I should ask if there is space to bend one's knees toward the window. Does this armrest go down? It's quite an angle so there should be some dead space near the window?