FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

mlm Nov 22, 2019 11:37 am

United 767-400 ER Polaris ?

I will be flying to Santiago in Business Class on United Polaris, Flight # 847 from IAH. According to the seating chart, there is no restroom in the FRONT of the plane. Is this correct? It shows the restrooms being in the front of Economy Plus. Thank you.

WineCountryUA Nov 22, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by mlm (Post 31766269)
I will be flying to Santiago in Business Class on United Polaris, Flight # 847 from IAH. According to the seating chart, there is no restroom in the FRONT of the plane. Is this correct? It shows the restrooms being in the front of Economy Plus. ....

The business class restrooms are in the back of business class. There is a curtain between the restrooms and economy.

cesco.g Nov 22, 2019 3:50 pm

I was on a 764 last month in seat 1A. The seat overall looked very dated, the padding in the footcube looked especially worn out.
High time to get these cabins Polarized.

elitefreak Dec 5, 2019 1:52 pm

28 vs 16?

Is the legroom in Row 28 better than Row 16? 16 tends to be a bit tight for me at 6'2".

Thanks,

DreDDS Dec 28, 2019 7:37 am

Does Row 28 have windows or is it missing due to exit?

Duke787 Mar 4, 2020 3:57 pm

Been a long time since I've flown UA but booking some travel to Hawaii in Y for later in the year (on miles). I can either fly RDU - SFO - OGG which puts me on A319 / 738 or I can do RDU - IAD - HNL - OGG which puts me on A320 / 764 / 717 (HA).

Is it worth the extra stop to be on the 764 for the bulk of the trip (there will be two of us so the idea of "2" is appealing -- and I'm UA Silver so some change of getting E+) but with the added hassle of having to get on another flight once we land in Hawaii?

CMK10 Mar 9, 2020 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 32142541)
Been a long time since I've flown UA but booking some travel to Hawaii in Y for later in the year (on miles). I can either fly RDU - SFO - OGG which puts me on A319 / 738 or I can do RDU - IAD - HNL - OGG which puts me on A320 / 764 / 717 (HA).

Is it worth the extra stop to be on the 764 for the bulk of the trip (there will be two of us so the idea of "2" is appealing -- and I'm UA Silver so some change of getting E+) but with the added hassle of having to get on another flight once we land in Hawaii?

I can't imagine wanting to add time to a trip to fly something in coach and transferring between airlines is always a pain. The plane is fine and definitely better than the 738 but Y is Y. I'd go via SFO.

PrivatePilot Sep 2, 2021 9:39 am

Didn't find a separate thread on this so apologies if there is, but to anyone who has flown a 767-400ER, how is row 8 in terms of privacy and distance from the lavatory? It seems like the lavatory is NOT just behind you and that there is an exit and then the lavs are beyond that. Is that accurate? Its a 4 hour flight but just want to make sure I won't have people standing next to me cause the lav is right behind us...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f75bad41fa.png

jhayes_1780 Sep 2, 2021 9:46 am

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot (Post 33538521)
Didn't find a separate thread on this so apologies if there is, but to anyone who has flown a 767-400ER, how is row 8 in terms of privacy and distance from the lavatory? It seems like the lavatory is NOT just behind you and that there is an exit and then the lavs are beyond that. Is that accurate? Its a 4 hour flight but just want to make sure I won't have people standing next to me cause the lav is right behind us...

Here is a much more relevant thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...767-400-a.html

dkc192 Sep 2, 2021 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot (Post 33538521)

Correct, the lavs are behind door 2, so you shouldn't have people standing next to you waiting for the lav. Unfortunately, these lavs are also the forwardmost lavs on this aircraft, which means that J pax are often sharing them with Y pax, unless you have FAs that are super committed to enforcing the thin curtain aft of the lavs and sending Y pax to "their" lavs in the back of the bus.

PrivatePilot Sep 2, 2021 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 33539279)
Correct, the lavs are behind door 2, so you shouldn't have people standing next to you waiting for the lav. Unfortunately, these lavs are also the forwardmost lavs on this aircraft, which means that J pax are often sharing them with Y pax, unless you have FAs that are super committed to enforcing the thin curtain aft of the lavs and sending Y pax to "their" lavs in the back of the bus.

Thanks, so would you suggest 8A/B vs 8K/L? Flying with the wife and for what its worth, trying to get as much space between us and others due to Covid. So didn't want to be right by the lavs either.

dkc192 Sep 2, 2021 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot (Post 33539287)
Thanks, so would you suggest 8A/B vs 8K/L? Flying with the wife and for what its worth, trying to get as much space between us and others due to Covid. So didn't want to be right by the lavs either.

No difference between 8AB and 8KL in terms of the physical seat and its location on the aircraft--comes down to a matter of personal preference, takeoff and landing views specific to your departure and arrival airports, and/or direction of travel if you want to minimize direct sun exposure.

expressboy Sep 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Finally ending up on one of these flights from IAD-LAX (check mark for the last aircraft type I have not flown on UA). Decided to splurge for Business as well. I am looking for seat recommendations for a single traveler. Are the middle seats any good? 6D is available and so are 1L and 6L. I am 6'1" tall and would like to get some sleep during the flight if possible.

Wombat1 Sep 23, 2021 1:17 pm

I strongly prefer the middle seats (and as far towards the front as possible) on the 767-400 for the ease of aisle access and lack of a person wanting to climb over me.

DELee Sep 23, 2021 11:58 pm

So, is there a way for us to refer to the J seats at the center of this aircraft as "center seats" instead of "middle seats"? It is really confusing.

David