Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWR764
The lack of a crossover in Y and J lavs aft of 2L/R make the 764 configuration pretty awkward.
Yeah, the space in front of 1D on a 764 also can be a hallway during boarding if not blocked. Really annoying is when someone uses it during the flight. Passing in front of 1D is OK, but not 2D?
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
It's an awful configuration.

If you're ever on it again, ask the FAs if they're willing to put up the bassinets for you during cruise. It helps if you bundle some blankets to look like a baby as no one wants a screaming child on a flight
narvik and findark like this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by fezzington
It's an awful configuration.

If you're ever on it again, ask the FAs if they're willing to put up the bassinets for you during cruise. It helps if you bundle some blankets to look like a baby as no one wants a screaming child on a flight
I don't know. I really enjoy screaming children on my flights. 🤣
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
or "accidentally" trip the rude $%^&s!
Are you related to my wife? That's something she would do and then apologize profusely so the poor passenger who tripped would have no clue that she did it on purpose.

But we have been warned that the seats we chose on the 2-class 772 is also considered by some passengers as a pass-through. I will have to make sure she behaves......
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:40 pm

It appears the last three rows of AB and the last two of KL are going away in the 767-400ER as of later this month. Does anyone know what's up? Making room for crew seats, perhaps? Would this tend to make 41AB (the new back row of AB) a more appealing or less appealing option?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold

If you were 6'0" tall and fairly sensitive to noise, which seat would you choose? Aircraft swap for tonight from 763 to 764 and J is booked at 21/39. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlytheTail

If you were 6'0" tall and fairly sensitive to noise, which seat would you choose? Aircraft swap for tonight from 763 to 764 and J is booked at 21/39. Thanks.
I would keep 1A. The tiny footwell bothers me more than potential galley noise. These seats are really short.
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
Are there air vents in J on this bird? I can't recall.
On the plane now. No, no air vents. The business seats are really crammed. Very disappointed in the late substitution of a UA 763 for a CO 764.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
UA 767-400 in Y?

hi,
how are UA 764s in Y?

thanks
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LY777
hi,
how are UA 764s in Y?

thanks
Better than some, worse than others. The 2-3-2 configuration is nice because if you're traveling as a couple you can get a two seat block to yourself. Also you can do what I like to do which is pick an aisle in E+ and hope for an empty middle. They have decent enough PTVs and the planes are newer than the 763s and some of the 777s so they're fairly pleasant inside. Here are some pictures from one I flew in 2015:

Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
IMO (assuming no empty seats) the 767s are the best ride on United in Y, except for the E45s.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Best choice between 16K and L please and why? Thanks.
I normally book aisle seats but I'm thinking that 16K is a bit exposed to aisle traffic. I think I read that L has no window so this gives a nice wall to sleep against. Plus it appears that the legroom is plenty to be able to get around my K seatmate.

Anyone have comments to keep me in K instead of L?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: UA
Since it is at the front of the cabin, I think the only "traffic" you'll experience will be when cabin crew are doing a drink/meal service (i.e. not that often).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by pbartp
Since it is at the front of the cabin, I think the only "traffic" you'll experience will be when cabin crew are doing a drink/meal service (i.e. not that often).
I agree, but for sleeping, I'm thinking that the window affords a place to lean against and less disruptions from aisle traffic/carts/etc.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitefreak
I agree, but for sleeping, I'm thinking that the window affords a place to lean against and less disruptions from aisle traffic/carts/etc.
I always choose a window seat anyway, but if I want to sleep, I always always choose a window seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.