FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

elitefreak May 9, 2018 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 29351343)
Best choice please and why? Thanks.

Just flew 16K EWR-MXP and I like the 16 row. Indeed, the window seats are missing a window and this gives a better wall to lean/sleep against. I was kind of jealous about my seatmate in 16L as I had to endure bumping from the aisle/passengers/carts to my left as well as playing elbows with my seatmate on the shared center armrest to the right. On the window, I would have the window armrest and can lean past the seat to the wall without getting bumped as I would by leaning into the aisle from K.

I also feel that L is a bit more private. Plus there is plenty of room to get up and step over your seatmate, so not being on the aisle isn't really a big issue.

Plus it is quite easy to sneak into the FC restroom that is directly in front of you (as happened fairly frequently during the flight). Not that I would ever do that . . .

I just talked myself into switching to 16L for my return Saturday . . .

Does anyone know if the swing-up monitor is the same screen size as the back of seat ones at non-bulkheads?

mehitabel Jun 5, 2018 7:49 pm

767-400ER EWR-EZE -- which seat in business?

I couldn't find an "everything you wanted to know" thread for the 767-400ER--apologies if I missed it. I had to book a last minute EWR-EZE trip tomorrow (Wed), and am currently in 6D. It's a 2-1-2 configuration. There were only a few D seats left, but plenty of the two-seaters on either side. Suggestions? Is a solo D seat better than a window (my usual preference) with an empty seat next to it? Not that they're likely to stay empty, but still.

As bonus, I'll get to check out the EWR Polaris lounge for a few hours :)

MBS MillionMiler Jun 5, 2018 7:53 pm

I’d grab 1D for the bigger footwell now. (Still shows available).

Maybe watch just before departure—I’m guessing several side pairs will go out empty tomorrow, as they did today (just departed). One you know non-revs, upgraders and other stand-bys have cleared, ask at the gate just before boarding for your “own row”.

mehitabel Jun 5, 2018 8:00 pm

Thank you! I decided against 1D because I really need to sleep, and 1D seemed possibly noisy. I'm not large, vertically or horizontally, so the larger footwell seemed less important. Is that seat otherwise significantly better? The idea of asking a FA for an unoccupied row at check-in is a great one.

Kacee Jun 5, 2018 8:06 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...767-400-a.html

Originally Posted by mehitabel (Post 29833691)
I'm not large, vertically or horizontally, so the larger footwell seemed less important. Is that seat otherwise significantly better?

The bulkheads are considerably better for sleeping on this aircraft because the seats are very short and the footwells are very small. Also, the lavs are at the rear of the business class cabin, so 1D is less noisy than it would otherwise be.

If you want a window, pick 1A. You'll be insulated from aisle traffic there.

ETA: Wow, booked only 11/39 with check-in already open and no one waitlisted.

mehitabel Jun 5, 2018 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29833711)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...767-400-a.html

The bulkheads are considerably better for sleeping on this aircraft because the seats are very short and the footwells are very small. Also, the lavs are at the rear of the business class cabin, so 1D is less noisy than it would otherwise be.

If you want a window, pick 1A. You'll be insulated from aisle traffic there.

ETA: Wow, booked only 11/39 with check-in already open and no one waitlisted.

Thanks again. I switched to 1D, and will keep an eye on the pairs. The flight is indeed remarkably empty--I flew the same route in March (in E+), and it was just about full. The direct EZE flights out of IAH seem more popular, and it's now getting toward winter in Argentina, so I guess the tourist traffic has fallen off.

bowzer91 Jun 20, 2018 10:48 am

On UA921 on Friday 22/6. Does 8A have a missing window? If yes, I will change. If not, should I still change?

science_guy Jun 30, 2018 8:08 am

Pass-through row? Boeing 767-400ER Seats 28DEF

Looking for some community feedback here...

I recently flew to Greece (EWR-ATH) via United on a Boeing 767-400ER, I booked Row 28 Seats DEF assuming my family would enjoy the extra legroom in the bulkhead for the longish flight. It turns out that passengers interpret this extra legroom as an option to pass between the right and left aisles of the plane to get to an open bathroom. This was very disruptive, as passengers tripped over our feet, stumbled on items on the floor during flight, and grabbed the TV screens in an attempt top stabilize themselves. At one point in the flight I'd had enough, was trying to fall asleep, and In a groggy haze, I actually told a passenger I wasn't going to let him walk across :)

To me, it's pretty clear that this space shouldn't be used for passage; seems pretty rude and one can just wait a few minutes longer to use the bathroom on your side of the plane (emergencies excluded of course). Interestingly, before take-off, a flight attendant asked me to get the attention of a flight attendant on the other side of the plane, even when I told her she could walk over through the bulkhead and get his attention. She said something along the lines of "people shouldn't be using this space to walk across the plane". I'm paraphrasing...

So what does everyone think: Is this a bona fide area for passengers to pass across the plane? I'm guessing the opinions on etiquette may be mixed, but I'm also wondering if there's an official policy on the area in front of these seats...

fumje Jun 30, 2018 8:19 am

Yes, I think that is a bit rude. However, since there is no other mid-cabin crossover point, it has to be policed actively to stop people from doing it. That is unfortunate.

kirkwoodj Jun 30, 2018 8:30 am

Once in the air, get down a bag to use as a leg rest.
or "accidentally" trip the rude $%^&s! :D

RockyRobin Jun 30, 2018 8:31 am

I'm glad I'm not alone, in a similar vein we chose the exit row on an A321 which has a similar gap but it's on a single aisle aircraft.

the area seemed to be a favourite place to come and stand for a while and on two occasions to bring a screaming infant to! I was close to asking if one person had lost their seat or if they needed directions to the galley.

zitsky Jun 30, 2018 8:36 am

Originally Posted by RockyRobin (Post 29923261)
I'm glad I'm not alone, in a similar vein we chose the exit row on an A321 which has a similar gap but it's on a single aisle aircraft.

the area seemed to be a favourite place to come and stand for a while and on two occasions to bring a screaming infant to! I was close to asking if one person had lost their seat or if they needed directions to the galley.

You didn't say anything?

escapefromphl Jun 30, 2018 9:23 am

Originally Posted by science_guy (Post 29923218)

So what does everyone think: Is this a bona fide area for passengers to pass across the plane? I'm guessing the opinions on etiquette may be mixed, but I'm also wondering if there's an official policy on the area in front of these seats...

These are just kettles who don't know any better, I agree best option is to get a roll aboard to completely block the area. The situation is typically made worse by FA's who don't like passengers coming through the galley.

RockyRobin Jun 30, 2018 9:49 am

Originally Posted by zitsky (Post 29923277)
You didn't say anything?

If it's had been a longer flight I think I would have.

EWR764 Jun 30, 2018 10:59 am

The lack of a crossover in Y and J lavs aft of 2L/R make the 764 configuration pretty awkward.