Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
best Y seats sCO 767-400

Title says it all.

Unlike 767-300 where there are entire rows of good seats like 16, 21,22 for 767-400 I seems not to find any good seats...
Bulkhead seats have limited space for this type and I cannot see any real exit row seats....

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:38 pm

cannot believe this is first question regarding Y seats on this type of aircraft...

thank you mods for moving it here. I could not find this thread.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:36 pm

no inputs at all?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Are the footwells smaller on the 764 compares to the PMCO 777? Seemed that way to me... But I could be mistaken. My fianc and I were sitting on the right side of the aircraft in BF.... Row 6 I think.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:59 am

767-400 premium economy ? + ANZ mileage ?

Hi all,
I'm off on a last minute mileage trip to Europe to see my Mum; I'm flying a UA 767-400 (EWR-ZRH) and then returning to LAX on Air New Zealand's 777 out of LHR.

Going over I've bumped myself up to Premium Economy in the hope of getting some sleep. I have the bulkhead window 16a which seat guru advices "caution" about. Any thoughts? I love a window / hate being trapped, but am worried about limited legroom. Anyone sat in a bulkhead on the 400?

Coming back I'm in regular old economy on ANZ. I'm slightly trepidatious about their economy product since it has 10 seats across rather than 9. I don't have a seat assignment and am going try and call ANZ directly for one. So, I am a) wondering if they even allocate seats to mileage awards and b) will allow me to upgrade to their Premium Economy product. Any other thoughts about ANZ in coach?

I've been spoiled over recent years - mostly fly Virgin UC Transatlantic. This will be a good refresher on the bitter reality of economy international travel
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Is that cause the bathroom is there? Good to know - usually do 1KL on the PMCO birds.
BF lavs are in galley area at rear of BF cabin on lie-flat 39-seat configuration. Service for first 5-6 rows is out of forward galley. Last 2-3 rows out of 2nd galley. In this configuration, there's noise from front galley and and traffic to lavs in rear - I chose mid-cabin seat and probably would do so again. 1KL had the curtain drawn after meal service, but galley curtain remained open on 1AB side where FAs hung out.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know if 1D (the single middle seat) has the larger foot well since its the bulkhead. Thats what I grabbed for my upcoming EWR-MUC flight, to avoid anyone hitting me as they got in or out of the window seat

If it doesnt have the larger well then I will take the aisle seat on the Right not by the lav
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by craz
Does anyone know if 1D (the single middle seat) has the larger foot well since its the bulkhead. Thats what I grabbed for my upcoming EWR-MUC flight, to avoid anyone hitting me as they got in or out of the window seat

If it doesnt have the larger well then I will take the aisle seat on the Right not by the lav
You're good with 1D. Though you're better off avoiding the 767-400 altogether - the 'bed' is shorter than on the 777 and if you're anything close to or over 6 foot, good luck stretching out for a sleep!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cricketer
You're good with 1D. Though you're better off avoiding the 767-400 altogether - the 'bed' is shorter than on the 777 and if you're anything close to or over 6 foot, good luck stretching out for a sleep!
Thanks for both the good and bad news. Im 6'2", however the reason I want the large foot well is I usually sleep on my side so the reg wells wont accomadate my feet = no sleeping at all

Since its an award tkt and MUC is only my connecting city and nothing else was available even in Saver Y that didnt require 2 connections and double digit layovers , I will take the 764 but keep my eyes out for something better
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Thanks for both the good and bad news. Im 6'2", however the reason I want the large foot well is I usually sleep on my side so the reg wells wont accomadate my feet = no sleeping at all

Since its an award tkt and MUC is only my connecting city and nothing else was available even in Saver Y that didnt require 2 connections and double digit layovers , I will take the 764 but keep my eyes out for something better
I can provide a pretty recent comp. I'm 6'1" and just sat in 1D on HNL-EWR on a 764 this past weekend. It is true that it can be a bit cramped but if you get all the way up to the top of the seat (or as far up as you can with the headrest/pillow), it is at least workable. I was able to sleep on my side without issues when I tried it although I'm mostly a back sleeper.

I'm a card carrying member of the "anything is better than Y" brigade so I'm maybe more tolerant than others but I don't think you should worry. I passed on dinner service since I had just crushed some sushi by the pool so I reclined to the bed right after takeoff. I woke up somewhere near Pittsburgh so it clearly was comfortable enough for 7+ hours sleep. Enjoy the ride.
Del Mar 1K likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fjfv19
I can provide a pretty recent comp. I'm 6'1" and just sat in 1D on HNL-EWR on a 764 this past weekend. It is true that it can be a bit cramped but if you get all the way up to the top of the seat (or as far up as you can with the headrest/pillow), it is at least workable. I was able to sleep on my side without issues when I tried it although I'm mostly a back sleeper.

I'm a card carrying member of the "anything is better than Y" brigade so I'm maybe more tolerant than others but I don't think you should worry. I passed on dinner service since I had just crushed some sushi by the pool so I reclined to the bed right after takeoff. I woke up somewhere near Pittsburgh so it clearly was comfortable enough for 7+ hours sleep. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks, another option that became available is UA via ZRH so its still a 764 but with a 16 hr layover and arriving 3am into my final destination no Thanks, even thou that means LX on a A330.I'll keep MUC even with a LH A320 as my connecting plane but getting in at 2pm works alot better for me.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Seats 1 AB and 1KL have a self on top of the montior because of the angle of the wall, You can put your bag, pillow, etc up there out of the way during the flight. If you are over 6' tall you will be cramped. Nice plaine, flew it from IAD-IAH in seat 1A.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
...I will take the 764 but keep my eyes out for something better
I'm the same height, and same problem with the regular footwells - those seats are worthless to me. I flew the 764 for the first time last month - had never flown on a 764 before, and so deliberately routed IAH-FRA just to try it. I wish I had known beforehand that the seats were shorter than on the 777. I can sleep fine in row 1 or 8 on the 777, but the 764 was a nightmare, and I only figured out after the fact that the reason it seemed so short was because it was so short.

Sleeping on the side was the best option for me - tend to be less fully stretched out that way. Lesson learned for next time though - no more 764's!
Old May 16, 2013, 9:57 am

I can give now some input on best seats on 767-400 after, without even planning I was rebooked on this type of 767 instead of 767-300.

Was seated in 16B which is ok, as the entire row 16 but in my opinion the best seats are 28 B+K. These seats have a lot of legroom and no bulkhead which would limitate this legroom.
Old May 21, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Ag
Any other Y seat updates? 772 changed to 764. Leaning towards 16A, but will split if 744 style bulkhead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.