FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1418731-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-764-767-400-a.html)

764toHI Mar 13, 18 6:57 pm

Others may disagree, but this is the shoulder season for leisure travel to London and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay in E for a row to yourself - if you're Silver or above, I think even there should be plenty of open seats, even in E+.

Given management's comments on strong premium demand to LHR, it's amazing that the revenue in J is offsetting a virtually empty Y cabin on almost all the flights.

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29520861)
Question - I am flying on this aircraft Newark to London overnight in a few days. I couldn't find an upgrade, so I am in Economy. Right now there are over 100+ seats in coach, while E+ has limited availability and seems more crowded. So I am thinking I may stay in coach, hoping I can find a seat with an unoccupied seat next to it. Right now I am in Row 31 window. Is it better to be further back, or is this a good place? And do you think my strategy seems sound? It really does seem like there is a lot of inventory in economy.

physioprof Mar 14, 18 5:18 pm

Is 1B better than 1K?

mathprof Apr 12, 18 6:11 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 29438435)
seatguru.com shows lav locations (and it's shown in wiki). Coach lavs are all lined up in front of row 28. Seats recline, but part of door might protrude into window seat foot areas. I would avoid 28 because you'll have people standing around there for the lavs.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b1985c7720.jpg

I don't know if they use thinner sear cushions in exit rows on thus bird but just flew HNL-EWR in 28B and my behind was sore for most of the flight, barely slept. If they use the same Y seats as their 767-300 2 class then definitely there is a difference. Was in 21D on one of those last week and was much more comfortable.

MikeRosen Apr 14, 18 4:50 pm

Which 767 E+ bulkhead seats have foot wells?

I flew on a 767 last year from ZRH to EWR, but can't remember what version of 767 it was. Seats 16AB and KL actually had foot wells in the bulkhead giving a nice place to put your feet and store some stuff. Does anybody know what version of 767 has those seats?

I'm flying EWR-LHR in June on 767-400ER. From reading this thread, it doesn't seem that the 400 has the nice seats that I remember. Is there adequate foot room for a 6' person in 16AB on the 400ER?

Thanks

Kensterfly Apr 16, 18 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by MikeRosen (Post 29640679)
I flew on a 767 last year from ZRH to EWR, but can't remember what version of 767 it was. Seats 16AB and KL actually had foot wells in the bulkhead giving a nice place to put your feet and store some stuff. Does anybody know what version of 767 has those seats?

I'm flying EWR-LHR in June on 767-400ER. From reading this thread, it doesn't seem that the 400 has the nice seats that I remember. Is there adequate foot room for a 6' person in 16AB on the 400ER?

Thanks

I'd be interested in know this, too. We are flying EWR to ZRH in early July. 767-400. I considered 16 AB because you don't have someone leaning their seat back in your space. The trade off is that you usually lose a little legroom in the bulkhead seat. Plus can't stash a tote under the seat in front of you. Nearby restroom shouldn't be much of an issue since the lav in front of 16AB is for Biz Class.

BUT, it makes a big difference if 16AB has a cutout in the bulkhead.

Kensterfly Apr 16, 18 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 29501037)
No difference dollar-wise. However as WineCountryUA notes, it will affect your options and won't necessarily end well anyway. The best shot at an empty middle is to just book a seat with an occupied aisle/window such that you leave an "island" middle - these will be the last to get taken.

My Bride and I will often book the two aisle seats in the middle section in E+. Sometimes it works out where we keep the empty seat. Sometimes not. We have worse luck when booking the forward seats in E+. It seems they fill the forward empties with standbys and rebookings from IRREG ops first and work their way back. A couple of times, sitting in the second row of E+, a standby gets placed in "our" middle empty seat. While most of the remaining empty seats remain vacant. So, that's a lesson that seems to hold up over time. And anytime we lose the middle seat, my bride usually will move over and take it and let the standby have the aisle seat.

fumje Apr 16, 18 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by MikeRosen (Post 29640679)

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kensterfly (Post 29647113)
I'd be interested in know this, too. We are flying EWR to ZRH in early July. 767-400. I considered 16 AB because you don't have someone leaning their seat back in your space. The trade off is that you usually lose a little legroom in the bulkhead seat. Plus can't stash a tote under the seat in front of you. Nearby restroom shouldn't be much of an issue since the lav in front of 16AB is for Biz Class.

BUT, it makes a big difference if 16AB has a cutout in the bulkhead.

I can't say for certain, but I don't believe this version will have foot cutouts, given that it would come out of the lavatory space.

pbartp Apr 17, 18 10:03 am

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 29647211)
I can't say for certain, but I don't believe this version will have foot cutouts, given that it would come out of the lavatory space.

I'm flying to ZRH at the end of the month. Will report back. I'm in 28AB.

Kensterfly Apr 17, 18 10:07 am

Originally Posted by pbartp (Post 29651157)
I'm flying to ZRH at the end of the month. Will report back. I'm in 28AB.

We flew FRA to EWR a couple of years ago on a 767 (can't recall which model) in row 16 middle section. There was no cutout and, as far as I remember, there was no cutout on the AB seats, either.
I've actually flown on several UA 767s and have often taken row 16 and don't recall any having a cutout.

zagat2 Apr 26, 18 11:37 am

I would like to sleep from Newark to London on a 9 PM flight. Traveling solo, and 2 D and 4D are both available. Is there a preference, for sleeping, or in general?

IAH-OIL-TRASH Apr 26, 18 11:59 am

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29686379)
I would like to sleep from Newark to London on a 9 PM flight. Traveling solo, and 2 D and 4D are both available. Is there a preference, for sleeping, or in general?

Almost a wash, but I would lean towards 4D. 2D would have very slightly less bathroom traffic, but it's closer to galley.

WineCountryUA Apr 26, 18 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 29686463)

Originally Posted by zagat2 (Post 29686379)

Almost a wash, but I would lean towards 4D. 2D would have very slightly less bathroom traffic, but it's closer to galley . .

Agree but would gladly take either.

Will point out that some light sleepers (not me) have commented on D seats being next to two aisles.

meraki Apr 29, 18 10:26 am

I'm flying Polaris (LHR-EWR) in a few weeks and need opinions on "best" seat. I usually like the window seat when flying economy/e+ but people have said the middle seat in Polaris offers a bit more privacy, which I kind of like the idea of. It's a daytime-to-evening trip so I don't plan to sleep and I'm not terribly tall either so neither would factor into which is "best" for me. So my main criteria is comfort and as much privacy as I can get on a plane with 24 other Polaris flyers haha

cartman757 Apr 29, 18 10:34 am

Hi, could anyone confirm if seats 17A or 18A have a window you can see out of without leaning forward please? I'm flying this aircraft for the first time from LHR-EWR (I used to fly from BHX before the service was dropped last October) in a couple of weeks, and I like to film the take-offs and landings but I can't find a definitive answer on whether this seat has a window you can actually see out of when sitting normally!

I never used to have this problem flying the 757-200 BHX-EWR as all seats had windows!!

Many thanks for any replies :)

pbartp May 5, 18 7:38 am

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 29647211)

The version I flew on this week did NOT have cutouts. If you are close to 6' and want to really stretch out, I would take a regular E+ seat over these.